It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Structure on Russian peninsula - what is it?

page: 1

join
share:
+706 more 
posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Google Maps Link

This thing is way out in the middle of nowhere in Russia and it is huge. It is clearly man-made from the looks of the perpendicular lines and right angles.

If you look at it in Google Earth, and turn on the thing that shows earthquakes, there are a crap-load of 4.0-5.0 earthquakes that occured near it in the year 1994, many of which occured on the same day. The structure is nowhere near any fault line.

Is it an earthquake machine? Or a nuclear test site? (Russia did sign the CTBT which bans underground testing so I'm leaning towards earthquake machine.)

[edit on 25-3-2009 by SilentKoala]

[edit on 25-3-2009 by SilentKoala]

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Strange thing. Yahoo! Maps shows that area with a different color scheme and MS Live Maps has a slightly different picture, but includes an ugly cloud on top of the area. Wikimapia marks this as a place of production but I cannot read the additional (Russian) information there.
There is a similar area on the western side of the mountain, but without the strange lines that ribb the valley.
From what I gathered online, there is some mining activity (mainly coal, but also some metals) in this part of Russia. I guess that metal mining would explain the basins, but I do not understand the lines running up the mountain slope.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...
The lines?
All volcano's all lava flows old lava flows that is.

join