It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dirty Bomb Plot on Sears Tower Thwarted?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Looks like you guys might have been on to something
with the sears tower thread.
A plot by terrorists to use dirty bombs laced with the deadly chemical osmium tetroxide to attack U.S. targets including the Sears Tower in Chicago was uncovered by British intelligence.
Traces of the chemical, as well as manuals for its use, were discovered by the British intelligence community during raids following the March Madrid attack.
British police and military bomb experts passed on information to their U.S. counterparts.

Hopefully homeland security has taken this information
seriously, and has thwarted this plot.

wnd.com...

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 04:11 PM
link   
It's been attempted before, too:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's really a bummer they seem to want to attack my home town, the greatest city on earth (opinion, of course) Chicago!

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Say you live in illinois, and everyone assumes you live
in Chicago.

I live mid state, but it the winds were right the fallout
could be a problem.
It's my kind of town, Chicago is.

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Not really, a dirty bomb, if detonated, would typically only be able to cover a 6 block radius. And with the winds as they have been here this past week, it would probably have a better chance to contaminate Lake Michigan before it worked it's way into the Bloomington/Normal area.

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
Not really, a dirty bomb, if detonated, would typically only be able to cover a 6 block radius. And with the winds as they have been here this past week, it would probably have a better chance to contaminate Lake Michigan before it worked it's way into the Bloomington/Normal area.

yeah, when i heard of the threat yesterday around noon i checked the winds (both surface and up through 30,000 feet) and all were going around due east.

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Another Chicagoan here.

Why they would want to attck this great city is beyond me.

Especially, assuming the terrorists who were plotting are Arabs, when the city has a large Arab population.

Shows you the mentally of the crackpots.

(sidenote: Yes, Chicago is Illinois, hehe

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Oh, did I say Bloomington-Normal, I thought I said
mid-state.

Your phycic powers are working quite well.
Ms Cleo has nothing on you.

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by fortean
Oh, did I say Bloomington-Normal, I thought I said
mid-state.

Your phycic powers are working quite well.
Ms Cleo has nothing on you.

JJ can be a dangerous man
He knows his geography.

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Quote-"In reality, the FBI knew there was a dirty bomb. In fact, my grandfather was given the address where it was being stored! The agent told him, however, that the FBI couldn't move on it. I don't remember exactly why, but I will ask him about it. The FBI couldn't move on it, but they wouldn't share it with anyone who could move on it. I guess they wanted all the glory to themselves if they managed to do what needed to be done. The FBI agent was concerned, because he knew that the bomb could have made 6 square blocks of Chicago unlivable for a loooong while."

That's scary JJ! Now I'm not so sure our
intellegence agencies have acted on this information
at all.

top topics

join