It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Obama's press conference>>>Your thoughts...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

The overall feel of the conference was surreal. IMHO, 'they' are either truly trying to steer this ship away from the iceberg....or we have already impacted and 'they're' just trying to keep people from panicking. Time will tell>>>>>

I thought it was a very mechanical surreal night. Obama flubbed the beginning and I wish he would just memorize the speech. Of course he is infinitely more articulate then W. The reporters hostility toward Obama seemed canned. I saw everyone as actors tonight. But that's what they have to do. If Obama went up there and spoke truth, if reporters asked real questions, tommrow cats & dogs would be sleeping together.

BTW--Clinton only gave 4 of these, so did bush. Reagan 35!

Please post your thoughts on what you observed tonight. Stay on subject please.

[edit on 25-3-2009 by Z.S.P.V.G.]

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 02:38 AM
link   
I saw most of the press conference when was replayed. I didn't learn anything new. Obama can't seem to stay on point when asked a question. He has to start giving lectures to everyone, usually, it seems to me, to avoid giving a straight answer. There were several questions that were simple yes or no questions, yet he tap-danced all over the place to avoid a straight anwer.
The more I watch him, the more he scares me, and the more I fear for the future of this country. Can the Republic continue to stand with this man in power?

[edit on 25-3-2009 by kettlebellysmith]

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 02:43 AM
link   
The speech, nay, the press conference seem scripted to me. The timing between what was transmitted over the airwaves was much faster than what was transmitted on cable programming. I think this was all pre-recorded (for Pacific Time).

Oh yeah, I didn't like the faces of the reporters, almost unnatural and uncomfortable. I felt as if they were warned to keep it cool while under pressure.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Seemed like he was being genuine to me. The only part that I was not thrilled with was his response to stem cell research. It seemed that he was uncomfortable with the answer/question and didn't really respond to it as confidently as he should have.

*I always end up editing my posts.

[edit on 3/25/2009 by Irish M1ck]

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by pikypiky

He was reading it straight off of a teleprompter. That's why it seemed that way.

As for those reporters, my guess is that they're feeling guilty because none of them did their J-O-B back during the fall election cycle.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by pikypiky
The speech, nay, the press conference seem scripted to me. The timing between what was transmitted over the airwaves was much faster than what was transmitted on cable programming. I think this was all pre-recorded (for Pacific Time).

Oh yeah, I didn't like the faces of the reporters, almost unnatural and uncomfortable. I felt as if they were warned to keep it cool while under pressure.

OH yes it was scripted, he called on specific individuals, from a list of names.

I hope eventually the reporters grow a pair.

I don't think he has given a true news conference yet.

[edit on 093131p://bWednesday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by vor78
reply to post by pikypiky

He was reading it straight off of a teleprompter. That's why it seemed that way.

As for those reporters, my guess is that they're feeling guilty because none of them did their J-O-B back during the fall election cycle.

No doubt about that, and I can see the euphoric enthusiasm has turned to fear and guilt, I can read their faces.

I might add disgust.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Actually he didn't have his teleprompter for the speech....

He used a Giant TV.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
yeah it must be tough to have a president that can complete a understandable sentence. or have a course of action to improve this country. but according to all of you, after what, 69 days, this president is a FAILURE!! hey...let's bring in a republican...yeah that's it...so..so..he can cut taxes!! yeah, that's what is really wrong with this country, and cut all those communist welfare programs, that give money away to all those middle class and poor people.

[edit on 25-3-2009 by jimmyx]

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Here is the transcript of Obama's snoozefest if anyone doesn't feel like looking at or listening to him.

www.washingtonpost.com...

OBAMA NEWS CONF TRANSCRIPT

Not surprising to anyone here....I was not impressed, at all.
Im sick and tired of him whining about "I inherited this or that", and turns around spends more then anyone in our history. Hypocrisy is sickening. And his childish whining is annoying. He totally sounds like the little kid always whining "it wasnt me, it was him".

Also, the more he opens his mouth, the more he looks completely incompetent to do this job. He comes across as an armature and as if someone has forced him to be there and he is hating every second of it.

Also, here is an article on some FACT CHECKING from yesterday's snooze fest (click on link for full article):

news.yahoo.com...

THE CLAIM: Responding to Republican critics in Congress who say his proposed budget carries an irresponsible deficit, Obama said, "I suspect that some of those Republican critics have a short memory, because, as I recall, I'm inheriting a $1.3 trillion deficit, annual deficit, from them."

FACT: Obama inherited a whopper of a deficit, much of it due to policies and spending led by Republican President George W. Bush. But the Congress, which authorizes spending and is not blameless in driving up deficits, was controlled by Democrats in the last two years of Bush's presidency.

[edit on 3/25/2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

yeah it must be tough to have a president that can complete a understandable sentence

Uhhhh, really, uhhhh, he can form a complete, uhhhh, understandable, uhhhh, sentence? Well, uhhh, maybe it is understandable, uhhhh, cause, uhhhh, he is reading a script, uhhhhh, and speaks like he is tranquilized.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
The press conference, right down to the questions the reporters asked, looked scripted. If you notice when he opens up for questions he looks at his sheet to see who is up first. I know that questions are usually screened for press conferences like this, but this looked eerie.

Something is rotten in Denmark, methinks.

[edit on 25/3/09 by cbianchi513]

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
My Favorite part was when he got to the Q&A portion he said, "allright, i have a list"; in refrence to whom the adminadstration approved for questioning.

In an old episode of freaks and geeks, Bush Sr. was giving a speech at the school and the main protagonist was chosen for her intellectual prowess to ask a question. She wanted to know an important question, but she had to submit it before hand. He question was rejected and she was told to ask him what his favorite restaurant was when he was in the area.

if the submit process is similar, then why does he seem to be caught off guard, knowing before hand what people are going to ask?

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537

Actually he didn't have his teleprompter for the speech....

He used a Giant TV.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by drsmooth23
My Favorite part was when he got to the Q&A portion he said, "allright, i have a list"; in refrence to whom the adminadstration approved for questioning.

OMG that's funny! Change you can believe in!

I didn't watch it. I couldn't. My stomach wouldn't have been able to take it. Same ol' same ol'. Now that I know Kissinger is really running things .. well .... Obama the puppet doesn't seem very interesting at all.

new topics

top topics

join