It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA - 50 years of Space Exploration DVD set

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Hi, this is one of those personal opinion, revelation threads that some hate and some dig, but I feel I have an idea worth starting a topic for.

I own the 5-disc DVD collection, NASA - 50 years of Space Exploration. I've also had a lifelong interest in space exploration and have read as much as I could find and understand. While watching the footage of the 'moon landings' in this set, I was struck but a few things. (Does anyone else own this set? It was widely available in Canada. 10+ hours, lots of great footage.)

The 'moon landing' segment was suspiciously short, showing only an obviously sped up astronaut hopping for a minute or so, and some stills...which looked so much like studio shots I laughed. Also, I realized that the footprint shots clearly couldn't be taken on the moon surface they describe in the video! I suddenly had no more doubts about that particular part of the story. However, the footage from lunar orbit is very amazing, as are the great clips from Earth orbit. I learned a lot from the films - it's just frustrating not getting the whole story. Perhaps anyone else who has this DVD collection can tell me if I am missing something. It was so obvious to me, and the way it's presented, made me think the compilers of the set were revealing something significant in a very subtle way.

I am just left wondering: did man got so close...but was not able to leave orbit? Did the secret space program try and fail? Opens up interesting speculation for me, and I can see why NASA would be frightened by those questions...

My apologies if this is in the wrong forum. Staff, feel free to move it.
[edit on 25-3-2009 by Nox Vulpes]

[edit on 25-3-2009 by Nox Vulpes]

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Does it cover every Mission.

So there are different things covered, like what you mentioned is
never covered again in repeated missions.

For instance a mission with a rover, the first thing you see is
getting out the rover.

join