It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Upheaval in Prague: Czech government collapses

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Upheaval in Prague: Czech government collapses

features.csmonitor.com

“Definitely this time, the government is in its most dangerous position since its start,” Petr Just, a political analyst, told Radio Prague.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
online.wsj.com
www.tothecenter.com

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
This is news to me. I searched ATS and didn't find it.
Is it a house of cards in Europe. Who will be next? Political instability plus financial instability equals a poor future if you ask me.
Its amazing to me that other countries like Latvia haven't imploded over this financial crisis. The US MSM will probably keep this off the radar like they did the Iceland fiasco.

features.csmonitor.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit the typos

[edit on 25-3-2009 by venividivici]

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
It is a fascinating story. The first time I hear about it, I thought that there was a bigger problem than what actually happened.

When we in the US hear about a government collapsing, we are taken quite aback. However, in these multiparty systems, there is much less of a guarantee of stability. The coalition that was built fell apart, but that does not mean the entire system collapsed.

Frankly, I would prefer if western media would refrain from using the term collapse to describe the government. It was just a failed party coalition attempt rather than a real collapse of civil society.

However, I do find this story of particular interest because it shows a lack of conviction on the part of a nation that has been growing in importance in Europe. Hopefully order and stability can come back quickly with a fairly moderate government.

The biggest thing to fear out of things like this is a radical coalition forming. However, with the evidence at hand, hopefully summer elections could allow for a moderate coalition to come to power.

Good find, though!

new topics

join