It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Border Agents to Dump Agent Orange Like chemical to Kill All Plant Life Along the U.S. Mexico Border

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Border Agents to Dump Agent Orange Like chemical to Kill All Plant Life Along the U.S. Mexico Border.

www.organichealthwellness.com

...One method calls for the cane to be cut by hand and the stumps painted with the herbicide, Imazapyr.

Another involves using mechanical equipment to dig the cane out by the roots. It is unclear if herbicides would be necessary in this scenario.

The third and most controversial removal method calls for helicopters spraying Imazapyr directly on the cane — repeatedly — until all plant life in the area is poisoned....
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I'm all for anything that makes it easier to enforce the border laws, but this is a bit much isn't it?

From reading the article, it seems like they're trying to mostly eliminate one type of plant. So they're gonna spray everything to death, then replant select species...

It seems like there would be a chemical or a virus or something they could introduce that would only attack that one species of plant...

www.organichealthwellness.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by nasdack24k

Could this type of cane be used for food ??? As well as hiding place???

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   
the only thing i could find about Imazapyr is that the friends of illegal aliens don't like it. wonder why.

No harmful dioxin.
It is not even the same class of chemical.
agent orange was a chlorophenol compound. 2,4-dichlorophenoxyacetic acid (2,4-D) and 2,4,5-trichlorophenoxyacetic acid (2,4,5-T)

Imazapyr is a isopropylamine salt no chlorine or phenol.
Can not have dioxin in it because it has no chlorine atoms

They have nothing in common other then they are both herbicides.

There are many safe herbicides that don't contain dioxin or chlorine.

You have to have a knowledge chemistry. to under stand.

And i am a Vietnam veteran that has studied agent orange. (i had reason to)

When you google "Imazapyr agent orange" you find this story is just about the only connection between the two chemicals.

That is what you call a disinformation campaign a lot of planted stories without any facts.

They quote no scientific journals, researchers, research studies.
just one big planted story.

Even global warming has research studies, scientific journal reports, research studies, however bogus it is.

All this has is hot air and mad illegals.

I am calling this one a BS campaign by the friends of the illegal aliens.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Yeh Anne is right, but they could minimize risk by creating a specific selective hormonal pesticide just to deal with this situation.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Yep, Imazapyr is nothing like Agent Orange.

It's strange that they want to use this instead of Glyphosate, which is safe for water ways, something Imazapyr is not.

Some extra reading:

environmentalcommons.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I don't think the source is really all that into details when it comes to this. You can look at the website name and see that.

Whatever works and doesn't have any adverse health effects should be used if they are going to do this.

Either that or build the Great Wall of America.

I'm for both.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by aLiiEn
Yeh Anne is right, but they could minimize risk by creating a specific selective hormonal pesticide just to deal with this situation.

This is more along the lines of what I was wondering...

ANNED:
Thanks for the info, I'll be sure to look into the chemistry a bit further.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   

......a 1.1-mile stretch of the Rio Grande riverbank as soon as Wednesday to get rid of the hiding places used by smugglers, robbers and illegal immigrants.

If successful, the $2.1 million pilot project......

$2.1 million dollars????????? for 5,808 feet ????

This is to get rid of a plant they claim bad peeps are hiding behind. Ever heard of infrared vision? How much can that cost. As someone who has worked on weed eradication and getting rid of vegetation where less than wholesome behavior (you don't want to know) was taking place I can tell you this is absurd. They could mechanically pull the stuff out with chains and a tractor. They could get a big earthmover and get rid of that in less than a week. They could even go through with a flame thrower periodically and burn the stuff down.

$2.1 million dollars is just inflated beyond any reality.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   
I don't understand why deadly chemicals are to be used for above ground activities when there are these 'alleged' underground tunnels running between Mexico and U.S. that these border agents could looking into for possible ILLEGAL immigrations. Yeah, there should be technology to sense movement in the night, above and below.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 02:41 AM
link   

They could even go through with a flame thrower periodically and burn the stuff down.

I can see the the story on the morning news.

Border patrol burning illegals alive with napalm more at 11.

Border patrol attacks Mexico with napalm news at 11.

They have used napalm as the fuel in flame thrower since WW2.
We would have the UN claiming war crimes against the border patrol.

They could mechanically pull the stuff out with chains and a tractor. They could get a big earthmover and get rid of that in less than a week

The area is almost swamp, A tractor or big earth-mover would disappear in the mud.

How much would that cost.
Likely the job of the border patrol agent that ordered one in.

Now one of these babies might get in there
wetflood.blogspot.com...
www.opinion250.com...
but they cost 2.5 million.

[edit on 25-3-2009 by ANNED]

[edit on 25-3-2009 by ANNED]

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Goats would have that gone in no time at all.

new topics

top topics

join