It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alzheimer's patients used as RFID guinea pigs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
What with all the fuss about possible chip implantation I thought I'd do some digging. Another poster on ATS linked this video, which I frankly found worrying and disgusting:

From there, I fairly quickly came across the name of Katherine Albrecht, co-author of "Spy Chips".

You might want to have a browse through the spychips.com website.

Points to note are that a) the chips cause cancer and b) they're being trialled on Alzheimer's patients.

That's right. People whose brains are turning to mashed potatoes are being used as guine-pigs. Not only that, but it's being marketed in a unique and nauseating manner:

VeriMed can provide healthcare professionals with a patient's name and pertinent personal information when he or she can't speak, can't remember, or is unconscious. VeriMed offers an empowering option to affected individuals. The application can help these types of at-risk individuals obtain a comparable level of care by rapidly and accurately furnishing important or even lifesaving information when and if they are unable to do so.

source

Anyone notice that "comparable level of care" thing? I mean, it's a minor point, but that sentence makes no sense. Comparable to what? Morons.

But, of course, these things don't even do what they're supposed to do. Not only do they give you cancer, they won't even work properly if you're in an ambulance - which is when, one assumes, the information might actually be useful...

Verichip also failed to disclose to investors and the SEC that patients' VeriChip implants might not be readable in ambulances. VeriChip's chipping kit literature cautions that ambient radio waves, like those in ambulances, can interfere with the equipment that reads the implanted tags, but this important fact somehow didn't make its way into the SEC filing.

source

So, despite evidence that implantable RFID chips have caused cancer in pets and lab animals, it's still being rolled out and aggressively marketed.

Don't say you weren't warned.

[edit on 24-3-2009 by rich23]

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Good job I looked at the date before I started a separate thread about this article:

The government is to scrap its controversial £30 voluntary ID card system in favour of having every child born in the UK implanted at birth with a free radio frequency-based (RFID) identity marker.

The plan is part of a £100bn 10-year project to put the UK at the forefront of post-internet information technology. It will lead to new grid-based network technology, new information processing and storage systems for "pervasive computing", and new massively parallel programming techniques, the government said.

Children born to cabinet members from next year would be the first to receive the implants. These will guarantee their access to privileged government facilities and services.

I'm glad the people at Computer Weekly think it's funny.

Of course, some people (so achingly hip, so ahead of the curve, that they'd see right through the mass-market IBM ploy above) have already got themselves chipped:

Amal has two RFID implants, one in each hand. His left hand contains a 3mm by 13mm EM4102 glass RFID tag that was implanted by a cosmetic surgeon using a scalpel to make a very small cut, into which the implant was placed. His right hand contains a 2mm by 12mm Philips HITAG 2048 S implant with crypto-security features and 255 bytes of read/write memory storage space. It was implanted by a family doctor using an Avid injector kit like the ones used on pets. He can access his front door, car door, and log into his computer using his implants, and has written a book called RFID Toys, which details how to build these and other RFID enabled projects.

Pillock.

join