It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US sperm bank offers stimulus deals

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   

www.breitbart.com

One of the oldest banks of its kind in the United States, Xytex International, on Tuesday rolled out a stimulus package for customers who are hurting in these tough economic times.
Xytex is a sperm bank, and it's offering up to 200 dollars off a vial of sperm to clients wishing to start or add to their family, but need a little help.
"We're all feeling the effects of the economy and, especially for families seeking reproductive options, every dollar counts," Xytex spokeswoman Danielle Moores told AFP. So, Xytex is offering deals on vials from "select" donors, who come a bit cheaper than the usual "standard" donor .
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Now this is proof positive of a down turn…..in the market.
What is next…Buy one Get one Free?
Reading between the sheets…of paper, the stuff must getting old.
If anyone lives in the area, how about getting some picture of the people standing in line for the sale for us.
I guess donors will be out of work for a while. Wonder if they are eligible for unemployment.

www.breitbart.com

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I can imagine a 9 year old asking how he came to be and his mom or dad tells him that they had a coupon so they went for it.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I'm sorry...

But I can't restrain myself from laughing. This sounds really funny when you think about it.

So the sperm bank offered a stimulus which created thus in term baby banks

Sorry I'll stop for now.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Bejing

My first thought when I started reading this is that they are after your DNA and going for samples. Theirs a big part of the male population who would be willing to trust that these guys may be able to protect your family tree or structure or whatever it is we have to protect. I mean if its so important that we freeze or sperm and pay for someone to keep it for us our family tree must be really important right? And your government is interested in your family tree too....

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
man, what can they do with jars and jars of the sticky white stuff in these tough economic times?

'Hey Dad, how did my sister come along?'

'Oh, it was a two for one deal, son'

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bejing

www.breitbart.com

Xytex is offering deals on vials from "select" donors, who come a bit cheaper than the usual "standard" donor .

So what is the difference between "Select" and "standard" donors?
Never mind, I'm afraid to ask!

[edit on 24-3-2009 by Elostone]

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Female egg donors make between $3000-$5000. Call me when sperm demand reaches those marks.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Elostone

I had the same question and the difference terrifies me. Is the testing less extensive. Lower IQs, less fingers and toe guarantees. The mind boogles.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by solarstorm

I see you point but how many eggs do you get a time versus how many sperm per donation. And it is my understanding the egg donation is quite painful. A Playboy and jar does'nt sound so bad comparitively.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Just another example of a bank where you can make a deposit and lose interest.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright
Just another example of a bank where you can make a deposit and lose interest.

hahahaha. this thread ends here. hahahhaha

new topics

top topics

join