It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did anyone see the UFO in Manchester?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by alternatereality1985
I live a few miles west of Junction 27 of the M1 in Nottinghamshire not too far away from you Asgard, and have had numerous similar sightings in this area for years, probably over a decade now actually.

Despite being a believer that there is more happening up in the skies and universe than most of us will ever know about or be privvy to, I believe at least some of the sightings I have personally experienced at my previous house in the area are of the Boeing E-3D Sentry RAF AWACS aircraft (Airborne Warning and Control System), which flies over this area regularly and I've often seen it in broad daylight (although not for a few years now). Despite being a rather large Boeing plane, it usually flies over this area at a fairly low altitude, with its large rotating radar dome mounting clearly visible, and also appears to be fairly quiet, in fact sometimes I've seen it at quite a low altitude and not even heard it with no other noise pollution around.

The nighttime sightings I have had (usually between 9pm - 2am, including ones at evening twilight where I've been able to identify the plane), the plane appears to be a ball of light which appears to be just literally hanging on the horizon for a couple of minutes or more without appearing to move and has caught my attention outside numerous times because of this. But its just an optical illusion as it then appears to move towards my position and fly straight overhead, and it barely appears to make a sound even at relatively low altitude. The plane often has a large white light on which I've seen being turned off on occasion including on a couple of occasions where its flown directly above my position (looks like its literally being dimmed down).

What this light is I'm not entirely sure, internal lighting or something to do with its radar mounting I don't know. I've never noticed it having the usual wingtip warning lights on it, but this may be because the white light is so powerful when it's on it just masks them out.

Anyway it has creeped me out on numerous occasions, but I'm fairly sure at least some of the sightings I've had are of this plane.

[edit on 25/3/2009 by alternatereality1985]

Definately wasn't a plane. This made zero sound and I observed it going from west to east for a good 5 minutes. It looked fairly low and appeared to move delibertly slow.

The most interesting thing about this sighting is that I got a massive urge to pickup my video camera and go outside. Within minutes it appeared.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by The Asgard

There seem to be two Chesterfields in England.

On March 21, the International Space Station made a very bright pass over both of them.

As viewed from Staffordshire; it appeared in the WSW at 19:20, reached an elevation of 57º in the SSE, and disappeared at 19:25 in the east.

As viewed from Derbyshire; it appeared in the WSW at 19:20, reached an elevation of 51º in the SSE, and disappeared at 19:25 in the east.

[edit on 3/25/2009 by Phage]

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

That is what i thought it was from the photo but to have 5 minutes of it does not seem like the ISS

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

Why not? That is a typical time span for an ISS pass. Note the times I gave for the pass. 5 minutes.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

There seem to be two Chesterfields in England.

On March 21, the International Space Station made a very bright pass over both of them.

As viewed from Staffordshire; it appeared in the WSW at 19:20, reached an elevation of 57º in the SSE, and disappeared at 19:25 in the east.

As viewed from Derbyshire; it appeared in the WSW at 19:20, reached an elevation of 51º in the SSE, and disappeared at 19:25 in the east.

Possibly. Chesterfield, Debyshire.

Time was around 7:00PM +- 5 mins. The object travelled from West to East. Brightness peaked when directly above my position but gradually reduced either side of my position.

[edit on 25/3/09 by The Asgard]

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
but what i saw on the 23rd was NOT a plane it was square shaped. there were no wings at all
I know the local flightpaths to Manchester Airport and the route it followed was not of a commercial or military flightpath.

I have seen AWACS go over Manchester before but never fly that SLOW 1/2 mile took 10 mins for it.I can run 3 miles in 18 mins just to give an example of the speed it was doing. It was definately not a conventional aircraft and i doubt even English black projects with the MoD have such advanced technology for it to slow to a planes falling speed whilst moving.

it was like it might of been doing Recon of the area as it had stopped completely over Heaton Park for around a minute and a half.

It's getting my hopes up that if it's recon that means perhaps an entire landing fleet is coming.

seeing as Heaton park is the largest public park in Northern Europe...

and the fact something like 100,000 people fitted into it's largest field to see the Pope..it would be a viable site.. :d *prays it happens*

the craft itself was bigger than conventional aircraft(but not HUGE) but in a square shape with no wings..

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Ok thats fair enough, whenever i see it, it never lasts for that long so thats why i thought 5 minutes to be to long. Normally it travels halfway across the sky before flaring up like in the picture posted and drops out of the light, i know its still there but just not reflecting. So now i think its the ISS for sure.

[edit on 25-3-2009 by pazcat]

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I've seen the ISS too. Never seen any red or blue lights one.

The only way to tell for sure is just ask. Did it move straight across the sky or did it make erratic movements?

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
There was a sighting at 9pm and also my sighting was at 9pm, Ive had a look at ISS pass times and the sighting in Manchester discounts the ISS as the pass was a hour BEFORE the UFO sighting.
And there was full cloud-cover during the time of my sighting and I had already seen the Object 5 minutes in the exact same position before noting it again, and as before there was no ISS pass at the time in question.
I have observed roughly 24 International Space Station passes, Twilight and Morning passes including mag +2 passes and mag -2.1 passes, and this object I can 100% be certain of, was not the space station, satellite, or Iridium Flare.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

it did both..it stopped..moved then moved quickly then slowed for a long time by the time it got out of my vision line due to cloud cover it was moving at a reasonable speed. it was definately not a flare,plane, or the ISS this object was low in the sky and i doubt the ISS would fit into the space over a motorway.
i know what i saw!

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Well my sighting was definately the ISS. Checked the time code on the Video and it starts at 19:20.

On the plus side it was a great experience to see it pass over.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   

well my sighting definately wasnt
i know what i saw and it was way to low for a space station ^^ i could see the lights and shape with binoculars to give you an idea of how low it was

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
www.youtube.com... Staffordshire sighting of the UFO, which is the exact same one as seen during the Manchester "wave" of March has just been posted up on Youtube. Taken around the same time as the Sightings around Manchester and the Pennines.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join