It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did anyone see the UFO in Manchester?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Hi there ATS'ers i am just wondering did anyone see the UFO that flew over the Whitefield area of Manchester,England on 23/3/09.

i have no vids or pics but i saw it through my binoculars after noticing the bright light at 9pm, it flew behind my house over a 10 min period it was moving slowly from 9pm-9:11pm i have done a paint sketch of what it looked like

if anyone saw it please reply or flag and reply i would like to know views on this..

P.S it made no noise at all and i would not of noticed it had i not been looking out the window and at first i thought it was just a plane until i noticed it was not on the usual flightpaths and the light got brighter and closer. it's the 4th time i seen various UFO's in my area but never THIS close!

here's the rough paint sketch:

the craft was SQUARE

[edit on 14/01/09 by Raider of Truth]

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
please people reply and look..this thing is doing my head in
'm trying to get round how close it was compared to the others i had seen even the damaged one in Spain on the hill wasnt as close as this craft :/

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I live on the other side of Manchester and I've not heard anything about this.

Also, your diagram doesn't really help as you don't say which direction you were looking in the first place to give the direction it flew in any kind of reference.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Merriman Weir

when i get the digicam charged i'll take some pics of the sky where i saw it and the direction from where i looked i only wished it was bloody charged last night as the cam has a decent zoom..probs not as close as in binoculars though :/

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Hi there,
I saw and filmed something matching that description on the 21/3 around 7:00PM from Chesterfield.

The object in question was travelling from the west to east and was like a headlight in the sky that got really bright when directly overhead. No sound and seem to move very slowly. Didn't seem that high up.

Only saw it through the Video Camera. Its a Sony SR12 1080 HD but doesn't really show that much apart from the increase in brightness.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Here's a pic when overhead.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/743b38765700.png[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
that was like mine! :O except when i used binoculars really pale blue and red lights were on alternating sides (see rough sketch for general idea) i'll take some pics of the sky behind my house tonight and find compass direction so i can add it to the post...it's really got my hopes up of what i saw.

your light however is brighter than the one i saw in the middle of the craft but it dimmed as it flew over the motorway behind my house.

i had seen something similar Oct 9th 2005 at 7pm but there three of them which then travelled in opposite directions.

April 20th-26th 2006 i saw a damaged UFO on a hill in Calella, Spain it was a steep climb so i couldnt get to it but i remember it and the location vividly and my grandmother has really far away pics.

Last year Nov 18th 2008 i saw a triangular one in Central Scotland..

i've seen many and witness damaged ones i'm waiting for the day i meet them
although i had a dream where i met them which i written in my dream journal but dreams can be decieving in the UFO community

thanks for that pic though..i think the plot thickens..i'm kinda worried about who to tell to see if anything came on radar..

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by The Asgard

Can you upload the video somewhere if you have it? Or did you just take stills.
Please

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Hi there,
I have about 5 mins of the object. That's a snapshot of it zoomed in with the camera. Sensitivity not that hot at night so I can't comment about any other lights. I sepnt all my time trying to keep the camera steady. It looked big and it moved very slowly with no sound.

Definately not a plane, helicopter, sat ....

Apparantly there are lots of sightings around here at the moment.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by pazcat

Can you upload the video somewhere if you have it? Or did you just take stills.
Please

I don't mind uploading the Video to here. I tried but ATS doesn't support the MTS format. There's about 350MB of video.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I live not too far from Manchester near the Goyt Valley, and on the 16th of March I was coming home late (9.20pm) from a Job Interview I was attending, and noticed to the South a object exactly like the one in the photograph myself.
Being a Astronomer I initially shrugged it off as Venus, until I realised later on that Venus at this time of the year is setting in the West (and would have already been below the Western Horizon..far, far away from the South where this Object was.) Then I thought maybe it was a Aircraft, but living on the flightpath im used to seeing Approach lights and no Plane Ive ever seen has lights that bright in excess of Mag -6 astronomically (plus i'd have seen the navigational lights and heard the aircraft fly over as I was inside my house by the time I got home.)

This topic has just sparked intrest and thought again into what I saw that night.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Wow 5 miutes of footage is good. Its good to see that you actually have footage, cant wait to see it.
There seems to be everyday sightings coming out of the UK now something is up just not sure what. Wish we had that sort of activity in Belgium.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Well its RAW HD data directly from the camera.

I suspect someone could do some processing on it to get some more detail? At one part in the video another object seems to shoot by it. Can't remember seeing that.

How do I upload it to ATS?

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Unfortunately i have never uploaded a vid of any sort im a relative noob when it comes to that, hopefully somebody can help you out there. What about youtube maybe thats easier.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   

yep i saw a similar object fly by the craft but it was extremely fast

the main craft on the 23rd was extremely slow took 10 mins to go about 1/2 mile

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by ROBL240

glad you posted..more of these craft are being seen in the UK daily but thats 3 unique users including yourself who saw craft similar to what i described

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Don't know about uploading it, but something I've found helpful is a frame dump at regular intervals. A fairly easy way of doing that is to use VLC player:

www.videolan.org...

Which is free and supports most video formats (other than encrypted DRM stuff).

The way to do it is to access the preferences menu by pressing Ctrl-S or clicking the settings menu, then preferences. Once in the preferences menu click on the plus sign next to 'Video', then click 'Output Modules' and change 'Video Output Module' from default to 'Image video output'. Click save. Reopen the preferences menu. Then click 'Image File' and leave everything as-is apart from the 'Recording Ratio'. Set the recording ratio to 25. Click save.

Open the video file in VLC and next time you play it it will automatically dump 1 in 25 frames to disk as PNG image files. To change VLC back to normal set the 'Video Output Module' back to default and click save.

The quality of the results will depend on the encoding of the source video. I have had very mixed results depending on the cameras encoding of the video. Night videos are difficult. So this is only useful for getting a rough idea of the stills. I have sometimes gotten better results by dumping to JPEG files rather than PNG, and Photoshop CS4's video import seems to be much better, but it's not free like VLC.

With the dumped frames you could try adjusting the gamma in an image editor to see if any geometry can be picked out.

And always keep a back-up of the video in case any programs modify it. Re-encoding it will cause a loss in detail.

[edit on 25-3-2009 by jackphotohobby]

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I live a few miles west of Junction 27 of the M1 in Nottinghamshire not too far away from you Asgard, and have had numerous similar sightings in this area for years, probably over a decade now actually.

Despite being a believer that there is more happening up in the skies and universe than most of us will ever know about or be privvy to, I believe at least some of the sightings I have personally experienced at my previous house in the area are of the Boeing E-3D Sentry RAF AWACS aircraft (Airborne Warning and Control System), which flies over this area regularly and I've often seen it in broad daylight (although not for a few years now). Despite being a rather large Boeing plane, it usually flies over this area at a fairly low altitude, with its large rotating radar dome mounting clearly visible, and also appears to be fairly quiet, in fact sometimes I've seen it at quite a low altitude and not even heard it with no other noise pollution around.

The nighttime sightings I have had (usually between 9pm - 2am, including ones at evening twilight where I've been able to identify the plane), the plane appears to be a ball of light which appears to be just literally hanging on the horizon for a couple of minutes or more without appearing to move and has caught my attention outside numerous times because of this. But its just an optical illusion as it then appears to move towards my position and fly straight overhead, and it barely appears to make a sound even at relatively low altitude. The plane often has a large white light on which I've seen being turned off on occasion including on a couple of occasions where its flown directly above my position (looks like its literally being dimmed down).

What this light is I'm not entirely sure, internal lighting or something to do with its radar mounting I don't know. I've never noticed it having the usual wingtip warning lights on it, but this may be because the white light is so powerful when it's on it just masks them out.

Anyway it has creeped me out on numerous occasions, but I'm fairly sure at least some of the sightings I've had are of this plane.

[edit on 25/3/2009 by alternatereality1985]

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
No worries, Ive had a look on Heavens-Above to see if there was any passes for the ISS/Satellites/Iridium Flares for the last sightings (including my own) and nothing. So that rules that out those theories aswell.

Im just kicking myself now that I didnt go back out as soon as I got home and taken a photograph of it, I held a skywatch out of intrest a week ago when we had the clear skies but nothing was seen.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Intresting Weapons kit the Sentry has according to the MOD list.

E-3D Sentry · Echidna Phase 2A Electronic Warfare Self Protection (EWSP) ... Lightning, Electromagnetic Pulse (EMP) and Electrostatic Discharge (ESD)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join