It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President declares No New World Currency Needed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
In his Tuesday evening press conference President Obama was asked about calls from multiple quarters for a global currency. In his reply he declared that he sees no need for a global currency and that the US dollar is still viewed as strong..

Is he sincere in that statement or will the US dollar fade from the world economic stage and be replaced with some new currency yardstick?

[edit on 24-3-2009 by AncientMariner]

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
That's because the USD is still viewed as strong.
Why do you think, it is used to compare all other currency's to?

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by aLiiEn

The thing is, it isn't as strong as it use to be. No where near it.

I hope he was serious when he said there was no need for a global currency, but he said it quickly and briefly at the very end of an answer. So, who knows???

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
If he came and said that the dollar was worthless, what would happen to the dollar?

Of course he is lying through his teeth.

We in the US were in a recession for a whole year before it was made official.

This is just trying to buy more time before the implosion.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I can hear him after the G-20.....

"Well a week ago I did not see a need for a world currency. But things have changed dramatically since then. Look......I inherited this crisis and....."

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperSecretSquirrel

Exactly secret squirrel! I remember when dubya, cnn's ali velshi, wolf blitzer, and suzie orman all said that the american economy was strong and vibrant, and then poof, it went to crap! Then it finally surfaced that bush knew america had been in a recession for nearly a year, and so did the msm! I got obama quotes just before he was sworn in where he said that america must get on board with the rest of the world "globally", or face possible extinction economically. So yes, obama's lying about the one world currency!

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by AncientMariner

There is no need for a Global Currency if they only intend to take down the whole world. Keep it all tied to a dollar and when it goes they fall like dominoes. If they want the U.S. down and the rest to survive they will move off the dollar, like many nations already have moved to the petrol Euro...

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I find that to be a very odd question.

I think we all know that these questions are pre-approved, so why would you approve this question?

I woudl assume this would sound to many people like a very out of touch question, but for those of us who know, it isn't.

We know that they want to create a "North American union" and this process has started to really gain steam. The "Drug Cartel" violence in Mexico is causing us to take a vested interest in their politics and now we are sending armed "Police Officers" down to the boarder towns to help control the situation.

It will be no time before this escalates. Once this does and we save the day it will be time to introduce the Amero.

For those of you who don't know the Amero is is the North American Currency.

That is where this question comes from.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I heard originally Obama was going to come out and light a cigarette with a burning dollar bill.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Just think about what Obama has said. The struggles that he pretends to sympathize with are real, the solutions are distorted, convoluted, or just plain lies to pacify us into accepting our "reality" a little while longer. I wouldn't trust a word this man says anymore than I would trust the word of GWB or Cheney.

Why are people so enamored with him??

It is beyond me.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by AncientMariner
In his Tuesday evening press conference President Obama was asked about calls from multiple quarters for a global currency. In his reply he declared that he sees no need for a global currency and that the US dollar is still viewed as strong..

Recently the dollar dropped to a level lower than in past 24 years.

FOREX sees worst weekly dollar drop in 24 years

Russia and China and several other countries have called for
a new world reserve currency.

China and Russia call for new world reserve currency

For those ppl who do not understand the implications of that, that is
the end of oil being bought with dollars. That is the end of the
US good time free wheeling largess, queue Greater Depression.

[edit on 24-3-2009 by Ex_MislTech]

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
What else would he say. No a new currency wont be needed until it's needed by those who have lost faith in the reserve currency.

The problem is that this depression will be battled with more and more money being thrown at every problem area until the value of the dollar has fallen so much that a new worldwide financial system will be needed.

Throw in the possibility of war and terror attacks and you have the perfect storm on the horizon.

No, we wont need another reserve currency until we do, which I think wont be any kind of currency at all, but a new system of credit units accepted worldwide.

Think of the all the problems this new system would solve. No more thief robbing your houses, or muggings, or aggressive transients demanding money or else, no more fraud in the financial systems, etc.

The units would be exchanged for your current level of worth, and they would be tracked by a virtual bank account using your unique RFID identification number tattooed on your right hand or forehead.

That technology is already in place, using invisible ink no less, and able to be read by an RFID scanner from several feet away.

No, the system to rescue the world will not be a new reserve currency, but a totally new worldwide financial system based on credit units.

A word of warning*

* Do not accept this new system, as it will doom you to eternal death according to the Bible.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnHolmes

[continued from above]
"... and we're well aware that the value of the US dollar has dwindled to the level that even I use it to wipe my asshole. Did I mention my dog's too? And I highly encourage that every American does the same.

So Americans, by all means counterfeit the US dollar as much as you like because we the government f**king do it all the time, you know the Fed and the bank bastards.

In fact, everyone should counterfeit their own currency. You'd be a greater fool if you didn't. Anyway, you've been a fool all your life working for pennies while we issue free money for ourselves and cronies.

The previous BUllSHit admin had engineered this global financial collapse, therefore one world RFID currency is only a natural progression. Now would you please sit tight while we chip your ass."

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by SumnerKagan
I heard originally Obama was going to come out and light a cigarette with a burning dollar bill.

LOL!

I just envisioned people shoveling dollars in their furnaces to keep warm next winter. So maybe printing all these trillions isn't such a bad thing after all.

-

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Emerging Markets Seek to Dump the Dollar as World’s Main Reserve Currency
www.blacklistednews.com...

China and Russia propose new IMF super-currency
www.blacklistednews.com...

And the cheese stands alone.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by slipkid
I find that to be a very odd question.

I think we all know that these questions are pre-approved, so why would you approve this question?

I woudl assume this would sound to many people like a very out of touch question, but for those of us who know, it isn't.

We know that they want to create a "North American union" and this process has started to really gain steam. The "Drug Cartel" violence in Mexico is causing us to take a vested interest in their politics and now we are sending armed "Police Officers" down to the boarder towns to help control the situation.

It will be no time before this escalates. Once this does and we save the day it will be time to introduce the Amero.

For those of you who don't know the Amero is is the North American Currency.

That is where this question comes from.

well should the question's be pre-approved.....it is an intersting one....and it gets the idea into the public's mind that there are calls for a new currency....

but the reason this question was asked is because the dollar as world reserve currency is being a great concern of our foreign creditors not because of a NAU scheme....(regardless of an amero's validity)

new topics

top topics

join