It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama News Conference 24MAR09 Commentary

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Didn't see a thread on this but the first thing I noticed in his opening statement concerning the housing crisis was the low loan rates which I am in the process of doing myself...

What puzzled me was the statement that the President said tht the savings on refinancing is equivalent to a TAX CUT????

Is this taking creative license? I mean my loan rate is going down, but my taxes will remain the same, and I fully expect the taxes in the future to equalize the so called savings of the re-fi in the long run.

Am I misunderstanding his statement

questions from the press have started...

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

Nope.

He said it was a tax cut.

I am wondering why the reporter from NBC/MSNBC wanted to know that since this economic crisis is being likened to a war, what specifics would Obama like citizens to sacrifice? Hell, we are sacrificing jobs, homes, retirement plans, college funds, cars, and normalcy in our lives. What else is there?? :shk:

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
This is very Obama-like. I don't recall the figures right now, but some of the eventual budget reductions we are supposed to realize is from him projecting the occupation of Iraq at surge level expense until 2019, I believe it was, which was never planned for in the first place, and then claiming he will save us multitudes of dollars by not leaving surge level troop present in Iraq until 2019. And my sweet sister who adores and idolizes Obama ever since she heard Obama give the keynote address at the 2004 Democratic Convention falls for his words everytime.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Maybe it's just me, but this speech didn't have the same sound of "confidence" to it as his other speeches have.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
For those who might have missed the presser last night you can either watch the video or read the transcript found here:

Transcript: President Obama's Press Conference

Good evening. Now, before I take questions from the correspondents, I want to give everyone who's watching tonight an update on the steps we're taking to move this economy from recession to recovery, and ultimately to prosperity. Now, it's important to remember that this crisis didn't happen overnight and it didn't result from any one action or decision. It took many years and many failures to lead us here. And it will take many months and many different solutions to lead us out. There are no quick fixes, and there are no silver bullets.

I have a huge issue with this part of his presser...

At the end of the day, the best way to bring our deficit down in the long run is not with a budget that continues the very same policies that have led us to a narrow prosperity and massive debt. It's with a budget that leads to broad economic growth by moving from an era of borrow and spend to one where we save and invest.

I for one and I am sure many of you have tried to live by that simple guideline, however I like many of you, are being made to cover the mistakes made by others.... through the loss of HONESTLY EARNED money, some have lost homes, others jobs and still worse some have lost all three.

Yet, those who have lived by the simple formula of save and invest have been handed their hat and our money is now being invested by others to a group of corporations that simply aren't worth the investment.

But... we might actually profit at the back end of this deal...

Who honestly thinks that any profit derived from this theft of the taxpayers will ever be returned to the taxpayer...

If getting a lower mortgage rate = a tax cut to this administration, I can only imagine what kind of math they will use to tell us how we have been paid off for this continued financial bailout.

[edit on 3/25/2009 by JacKatMtn]

new topics

top topics

join