It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

sitX Wyoming USA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
We got some reports today at work about the snow storm that has hit eastern Wyoming. It seems that they got a lot of snow, over 40 inches and perhaps a lot more. The information that we have got is that over 100 coal trains are stuck and they are trying to evacuate the crews off the trains. One coal mine is reporting over 8 feet of snow in the pit but I figure that has to be from drifting. Now the question is what would you do if you were driving through that country? Do you keep a sleeping bag in you car? What do you carry in your car that would help you make it if you were stranded on Interstate 80 for 2 or 3 days? We lived in Wyoming for a number of years and it snowed every month of the year.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Home sweet home. People from Wyoming are a hearty sort. Survivalism is pretty much ingrained. Anyone that has lived here for a while is more than prepared for any storms that hit. Cars all have BoBs, sleeping bags, blankets, candles, chocolate, granola bars and flares. Most of us are smart enough to stay home when the weather hits. Those that have to go out are prepared for it. If there are any casualties it is more than likely someone that is not from here and has no idea what they are up against.

I think it was June of 1974 I got sunburn and a slight case of frostbite on the same day. It was a boy scout camping trip and we were caught unprepared. Nothing major everyone was fine. It could have been worse. That is when I learned to prep for the worst no matter what.

Spiritowl

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I'd say there was plenty of combustible material on those coal trucks to keep the drivers warm until help arrived.

join