It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China requests global currency

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
China requests global currency

This is totally insane. The rapid frequency of events has me quite startled. These are indeed credible sources.

It looks like the G20 may get their wish this year. Most likely before 2010.

[edit on 24-3-2009 by wonderworld]

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

I think this line here from your first post pretty much sums it up. This is something we will have to pay attention to.

Source

However, the technical and political hurdles to implementing China's recommendation are enormous, so even if backed by other nations, the proposal is unlikely to change the dollar's role in the short term. Central banks around the world hold more U.S. dollars and dollar securities than they do assets denominated in any other individual foreign currency. Such reserves can be used to stabilize the value of the central banks' domestic currencies.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Don't worry, CNN just said that the dollar is the best value to invest in.
You are all safe people, just keep working and when your employer starts handing you vouchers instead of checks remember it's still alright.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
This is all very new to me. Does anyone have links to all this talk of global currency and one world currency. To me it doesnt sound like a good idea but I would like to read more on it. Thanks.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Yes. I’m assuming there will soon be a shift in global power. China and Russia will both fight for this right. It’s scary.

I'm afraid it will end up starting as a one world government. The conclusion may be in fact World War 3.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Well first the article you posted just said they wanted a new standard, other than US dollar, not a global unified currency. Like the gold standard. I suggest the vodka standard!

Second, it doesnt make any sense, because how then would they devalue their currency when it suits them?

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Ridhya

This is what I have suspected all along.

To devalue all currencies and create a world bank. No specific currency, per say just using a credit system.

Possibly with the technology of the RFID chip implant.

We are afterall going paperless.

I like your idea of the vodka standard. I'm having a cold one tonight. Or 2!

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by bputman

Well the vouchers are not O.K with me.

What an IOU? A federally issued card, that also contains your digital medical, records, social security number and drivers licence all in one.

I wish I was laughing with you. Sorry I cant. I appreciate your view though, as much as I disagree.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Here are a few of many. Let me know if you want more.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Grindstone Financial

Sunday, March 08, 2009
What country is the largest manufacturer?
This often comes as a surprise to people but would you believe that by the best measure available - value added manufacturing output - the United States still accounts for 36% of the global value of manufactured goods. China is closing the gap but still represents just 25% of global value added goods.

How can that be you ask? The US doesn't seem to make anything anymore. Well, it's important to note that many of the products you see or use every day are not made in the US but many high dollar value items are still manufactured here. Consider aircraft, defense systems, pharmaceuticals, heavy capital equipment, and precision scientific equipment.

You know we need to separate the wheat from the chaff. The US is still by far the safest place to invest what China really wants to do is become a world player they have a long way to go to be a world super power I covered this very extensively in one of my threads I'll post a link here.

They are desperate for oil. That's the key OIL. They don't have it and they need more. Here is one of the 7 part video I posted to get the ball rolling also here is the link I promised China vs. The USA: An eye opener

(click to open player in new window)

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Thanks wonderworld! That will get me started

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Yes, however the GDP in all our Nations are getting worse by the fiscal quarter.

The next one comes out the last day of March 2009. The G20 summit is on April 2nd 2009.

With the world economy going to hell in a hen basket I expect this will be the solution to the world bank.

It will appear to solve all the worlds problems. We shouldn’t be deceived and watch this carefully.

I’m not surprised this comes out after the stock market closes. I’ll be curious to see what happens tomorrow.

With oil prices so low they are cutting back production. Many nations base their economy on the price of oil reaching 70 a barrel, especially Iran. I don’t know what will happen with that.

I’ll check out your video. Thanks

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Yeah I know I've been covering this for ATS for a while now.
Here is another thread I posted just a few weeks back it goes into much more detail.
Check it out.

The Fight for Global Dominance begins

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   

I completely agree with you. This is just noise from the Chinese. Their economy is in a tailspin as well and they are just doing a bit of pushing us around. Very typical negotiating strategy coming up to the G20. Take the extreme position going in to get a few things you want.

Russia pulled this stuff a few years ago.

Don't get all worked up about China. Do a bit of research outside of the MSM and learn what is really going on in China. Its a disaster on a hundred levels. They need the US as much as we need them. Neither like it, but thats the way it is

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by bputman

Wow, you sound like the kind of guy who will Volunteer to hand out the vouchers.

I'll be kind and wont laugh back at you. I see where you stand.

The problem I have is that the NWO is becoming less of a conspiracy and more of a fact.

I'm sure you also agree the NWO is a wild figment of my imagination.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

I agree that we all need each other. this will be a Joyous occasion for most. A peaceful UNITY. that the world strives for.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by dolphinfan

I completely agree with you. This is just noise from the Chinese. Their economy is in a tailspin as well and they are just doing a bit of pushing us around. Very typical negotiating strategy coming up to the G20. Take the extreme position going in to get a few things you want.

yup sure isn't black and white
Source

SAN FRANCISCO—China's semiconductor industry is broken due to recession and underinvestment, with a dip in total chip production contrasted by a 6.8 percent increase in consumption in the country in 2008, according to an analyst.

"China's chip industry, once the wunderkind of the semiconductor industry, is broken, a combination of the recession and too little money being spent by the government," said Robert Castellano, president of The Information Network, in a prepared statement. "Only $7 billion was spent on fabs in the past five years, enough to build only two 300-mm fabs."

Other analysts have speculated that China, which stormed into the foundry market several years ago, had grown weary of the chip business. Last year Bill McClean, president of chip market research firm IC Insights Inc. said China's move into the IC marketplace has been a failure. EE Times reported in December that investment in China's chip industry has been slowing for over a year.

[edit on 24-3-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Wow! We should join forces! Some call me a radical, others dont believe in this stuff.

Yes we are on the same page here. Arent you surprised in the rapid frequency of events taking place? Unreal!

I may need to go back and read your conclusion to this?

top topics

join