It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HR 1388 National Service Bill Passed Senate

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   

HR 1388 National Service Bill Passed Senate

www.stoptheliberalsnow.com

The H.R. 1388 Bill which passed the house has now officially passed the Senate by a 74-14 vote
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.opencongress.org

Mod edit: Updated title to match article.

[edit on 3/25/2009 by Hal9000]

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   

(b) Specific Topics- In carrying out its general purpose under subsection (a), the Commission shall address and analyze the following specific topics:

(5) The effect on the Nation, on those who serve, and on the families of those who serve, if all individuals in the United States were expected to perform national service or were required to perform a certain amount of national service.

(6) Whether a workable, fair, and reasonable mandatory service requirement for all able young people could be developed, and how such a requirement could be implemented in a manner that would strengthen the social fabric of the Nation and overcome civic challenges by bringing together people from diverse economic, ethnic, and educational backgrounds.

(12) H.Amdt. 49 by Rep. Miller [D-CA]

Amendment to prohibit organizations from attempting to influence legislation; organize or engage in protests, petitions, boycotts, or strikes; and assist, promote, or deter union organizing.
Proposed: Mar 18, 2009. Accepted: Mar 18, 2009.

here is a link to the bill www.rules.house.gov...

www.stoptheliberalsnow.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 24-3-2009 by azurite]

[edit on 24-3-2009 by azurite]

Mod edit: Added external tags.

[edit on 3/25/2009 by Hal9000]

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Well it isn't exactly doing anything but spending a bunch of money and a discovery process. So we still have about 2 years before any legislation comes up matching this.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
From what I've seen, this is not mandatory, and would only benefit various communities.

Looks like a very good thing.

I wish we had a similar thing in the UK, but I also wish for mandatory service for delinquent youths.

Examples:

Caught vandalizing property - Moved to another location for three months to repair similar damage.
Caught spraying graffiti - Moved to another community for one month to remove similar.
Arrested for assault - Moved to another community for one year to work in an Emergency Room cleaning up blood.

Kids and the consistently unemployed (through laziness) have life far too easy, and it shows in their attitudes. It's time they gave back to the community they leech off of, and introducing ways to enforce their responsibilities can only be a good thing.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Now Obama can sign the bill into law. Listen... that is the sound of your freedom being taken away.

Funny thing I found. S.277 is the senate version of the bill that was proposed by Senator Kennedy and co-sponsored by John McCain amongst others.

‘(4) YOUTH ENGAGEMENT ZONE PROGRAM- The term ‘youth engagement zone program’ means a service-learning program in which members of an eligible partnership collaborate to provide coordinated school-based or community-based service-learning opportunities--

‘(A) in order to address a specific community challenge;

‘(B) for an increasing percentage of out-of-school youth and secondary school students served by a local educational agency; and

‘(C) in circumstances under which--

‘(i) not less than 90 percent of such students participate in service-learning activities as part of the program; or

‘(ii) service-learning is a mandatory part of the curriculum in all of the secondary schools served by the local educational agency.

www.govtrack.us...

Service learning a MANDATORY part of the curriculum.

See, Obama, McCain/six on the one hand, half a dozen on the other.

This is the future of America. This is proof that we live in a one party system, the Fascist Party.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

I am sorry...not mandatory?....

Did you even bother to read the excerpts given?....

Several times you can clearly read they want to make it mandatory of all citizens.....

[edit on 24-3-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   

SEC. 1304. PROHIBITED ACTIVITIES AND INELIGIBLE ORGANIZATIONS. Section 125 (42 U.S.C. 12575) is amended to read as follows: ‘SEC. 125. PROHIBITED ACTIVITIES AND INELIGIBLE ORGANIZATIONS.
‘(a) Prohibited Activities- A participant in an approved national service position under this subtitle may not engage in the following activities:

‘(1) Attempting to influence legislation.

‘(2) Organizing or engaging in protests, petitions, boycotts, or strikes. …

‘(7) Engaging in religious instruction, conducting worship services, providing instruction as part of a program that includes mandatory religious instruction or worship, constructing or operating facilities devoted to religious instruction or worship, maintaining facilities primarily or inherently devoted to religious instruction or worship, or engaging in any form of religious proselytization.

source

I am sorry but this doesn't look very good to me.
Looks like it is mandatory, and these rules are not very flexible.

Starting to remind me of another time...armbands....jackboots....

Even though I am in Canada, this just doesn't sit right with me. I'm feeling very anxious for my neighbors to the south.
But on the other hand, you can keep this sort of legislation to yourselves please

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Just a few excerpts from the bill

‘‘(5) developing civic engagement programs that promote a better understanding of— ‘‘(A) the principles of the Constitution, the heroes of American history (including military heroes), and the meaning of the Oath of Allegiance; ‘‘(B) promote a better understanding of how the Nation’s government functions; and ‘‘(C) promote a better understanding of the importance of service in the Nation’s character.

HAHAHAHAHA I will follow with this next excerpt that makes the first one a bad joke

(12) H.Amdt. 49 by Rep. Miller [D-CA] Amendment to prohibit organizations from attempting to influence legislation; organize or engage in protests, petitions, boycotts, or strikes; and assist, promote, or deter union organizing.

WHO DO THESE TRAITORS THINK THEY ARE? AS ALEX JONES SAID "THE ANSWER TO 1984 IS 1776". HIGH TREASON IS BEING SLIPPED UNDER OUR NOSES BECAUSE OF SHEEPLE>>>>EDUCATE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Now for the SERVICE. Do you want your children, parents or grandparents doing any of the following?

‘‘(vi) the repair, renovation, or rehabilitation of an existing infrastructure facility including, but not limited to, rail, mass transportation, ports, inland navigation, schools and hospitals;

‘‘(v) providing translation services at clinics and in emergency rooms to improve health care;

‘‘(3) involve students in service-learning projects in emergency and disaster preparedness;

‘‘(10) carry out any other innovative service learning programs or research that the Corporation considers appropriate.

SOURCE

My grandfather served in the Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC CAMPS). The difference is they were PAID ADULTS with a choice.

Study, Volunteer, Mandatory, Whatever it is all a sugarcoated bill to enact free labor aka SLAVERY. Live free or die.............Take your CORPORATION and stick it.

[edit on 24-3-2009 by timewalker]

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I wonder if this will be mandatory for all like the draft was during Vietnam? Mandatory for all unless you are important, off in Canada, have enough cash.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by azurite

Timewalker already posted the bill passing in the House. It is a scary thought though. Communist if you ask me, kids in elementary schools, mandatory servitude.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
ok .. first off,

1). If you're receiving a GRANT FROM the GIVE act, then...

SEC. 1304. PROHIBITED ACTIVITIES AND INELIGIBLE ORGANIZATIONS. Section 125 (42 U.S.C. 12575) is amended to read as follows:

‘SEC. 125. PROHIBITED ACTIVITIES AND INELIGIBLE ORGANIZATIONS. ‘(a) Prohibited Activities- A participant in an approved national service position under this subtitle may not engage in the following activities:

‘(1) Attempting to influence legislation.

‘(2) Organizing or engaging in protests, petitions, boycotts, or strikes.

‘(7) Engaging in religious instruction, conducting worship services, providing instruction as part of a program that includes mandatory religious instruction or worship, constructing or operating facilities devoted to religious instruction or worship, maintaining facilities primarily or inherently devoted to religious instruction or worship, or engaging in any form of religious proselytization.

So, it's like a program we have at work... you can take 2 days off a year to help the community HOWEVER.. you can't be handing out pizza flyers or participate in religious activities..

HOWEVER.........the door is WIDE open on this bill to make a slight change to make it mandatory servitude.....

what gets put in writing might get changed when it gets actually written into the books such as Oregon law. .measure 11.. suppose to be for repeat offenders..but .. when it got written in the books..

It was the full max penalty to ANYONE including 1st time offenders!!!

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I joined ATS because of this Thread ... I've been here a lot longer, but have never felt the need to reply.

Even now, seeing such apathy, I'll try to say as little as possible ...

The little git in V, who we all hated ... you know who I mean ... volunteered ... reasoned arguments were made, and, without understanding the objectives/motives, he found the logic persuasive. He chose his side. He was a git.

/Metaphoric Rhetoric

LTL FTP
(IMAHINGTTTAM)

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
mandatory service = slavery.

i will not be a slave. ever.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

This is not intended at you wonderworld, but to the masses.

Yes I did. I also went back and posted the above reply verbatim to that thread. This bill is the beginning of the end. My congressman luckily voted NAY to the House bill. I wrote my local senators and state senators in protest to this bill. These double talking globalist are not only traitors to the USA but of humanity as a whole. I will use my First Amendment Right as long as I am free to do so. I will protest and scream at the top of my lungs. Then after my First Amendment Right is taken from me, and it will be, they will have to kill me because I will never shut up. I would rather be dead than not free. To all the people that think this is bill is OK, go pop another anti psychotic pill and turn your mindless TV back on. SHEEP BAHHHHH.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
This bill reminds me of Starship Troopers.

Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
A caller today informed Alex Jones that this bill had passed (Jones hadn't heard yet), and Jones went almost ballistic. He almost came to tears he was so upset about it. Jones summed it up as being a law declaring that basically the citizens are now slaves. I don't quite understand it, but I trust Jones completely. I'm careful not to believe everything I hear and Jones hasn't lied to me yet.

The American people are being pushed so hard by their own government that I'm wondering how much more they can take before they push back. I have a sense that enough of the American people are near the boiling point that something is going to happen. I even have a suspicion that somewhere down there, there are more than a few 'plans' in the works. Something is gonna happen, I just know it. People can only be pushed so far, and any Americans I've ever met are fully capable of pushing back real hard if they have to (or want to).

I'm real uneasy about it to tell ya the truth.

[edit on 25-3-2009 by Albertarocks]

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
It's genius.
When the economy will collapse everyone would want a secure government job like in the military.

That's how they trick us into this, that's how they'll create a massive "domestic army".

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
what is up with the font and wanky design? It makes it atrocious to read, do you think that is on purpose?

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Won't be long now 'til an obama brown shirt comes knocking at your door to hand you your conscription papers. Personally, i can't wait to see just how horribly this little scheme fails. People aren't going to take this....right?

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I have to say, that as much as I detest the idea of performing mandatory public service, I support this...perhaps it will cure my generation's severe laziness epidemic.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join