It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

joined twitter,wheres me points?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Hi all,I joined Twitter last night and was wondering where my points are??I have searched the forum for an answer but to no avail...My twitter name is the same as

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
U2U Asala once you have joined she will give you the points.

Have a good one.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Thank you very much..Message sent..
to the 2nd power

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I seriously hope ya'll didn't join just for the points.
That's low.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

Honestly, I would say that is why most did... the points you get (5000) just happens to be exactly the amount you need to gain access to RATS.

You don't think that was a coincidence do you?

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   

**** all tongue in cheek here ******

If they didnt want us to join 'just for the points' then they ( the 3 amigos ) wouldnt have offered points to join in the first place.

Thats my take on it anyway.

Kind of like when I joined Jenny Craig because they offered a 'free' membership for joining. THATS the ONLY reason I joined. Sure I wasnt overwieght, and I am a man - but I joined becuase there was something FREE - if you dont want me joining something JUST to get the free item - then dont offer me a free item just to join!

Dorian Soran

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Dorian Soran

it's an incentive to join..yes.
but you are supposed to use it, not just sign up and walk away.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   

I personally did not sign up (did not NEED the points
) , I was Just answering the OP's question on how to get his points.

Although I do see your point... it was not mandated you had to continually use the service to have access to the incentive

Now if a stipulation of "at least a month's worth of activity" or a set amount of "tweets" was put into the fine print.. all opinions on the matter would be void.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied
I seriously hope ya'll didn't join just for the points.
That's low.

wow ,so quick to judge..I'm entitled to them,therefore I asked how to recieve them..

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Redpillblues

See the titles under the Username.
<
<
<
Self explanatory.
your thread seemed somewhat cocky to me.
Definitely like you did it for points only.
So if I start following you, can I expect regular tweets or what?
That would be how I judge.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
um,if it said canadian,it would be self explanitory..Thats cocky

[edit on 24-3-2009 by Redpillblues]

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Off topic, but what;s the difference between ats and rats? apart from my cat's favourite pastime. If it's points we're all after, why don't we just give each other a round of applause!!!

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Yea because offering 5000 points (which is a hell of a lot in terms of how long it takes you to get it by making normal posts / replies) to join a social networking messaging system (something paranoid conspiracy theorists traditionally are not interested in) is totally cool.

Points are meant to be how we can tell who has been around for awhile with decent stuff to say, but just sign up to twitter and you get almost a years worth of points for people who don't start threads which gets lots of attention.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Redpillblues
um,if it said canadian,it would be self explanitory..Thats cocky

[edit on 24-3-2009 by Redpillblues]

Nice edit.
Are you finished now?
I said my peace.
The point of offering 5000 points to join is an incentive to follow ATS while YOU, YOURSELF are on Twitter.
And while you are following ATS, people are following you..and this can attract more traffic to the site.
If that was not the case, ATS might as well just give everyone 5000 points and sign off Twitter for good.
Do you get it?
Do you understand the way it works?
Your post sounded like a cheap shot for points only.
You want me to accept that, and have respect for you for it.
I won't.
Now I'm finished.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
For those wondering what and why we are giving out points for please read below,x thank you,.

Please read Skeptics thread on Twitter is you are unsure of our reasons for being on there,

Ill Quote,
PLEASE READ SO's THREAD ALL ABOUT IT

www.abovetopsecret.com...

NEW: AboveTopSecret.com is Tweeting on Twitter!

Over the years, we've had lots of queries from members and even well-informed outsiders as to our overall lack of presence on mainstream "Social Networks" such as MySpace, FaceBook, Friendster, etc. For the most part, I've never come across a useful feature, function, or reason for ATS to adopt one such service over another. However, after some preliminary experiments, I believe Twitter provides our community with a unique additional method to expand awareness of our topics, our members, and what our members are thinking.

For those who are unaware of Twitter, it's a slightly different twist on the concept of social networking that encourages participants to contribute short blurbs about what they're currently thinking and doing. It's gaining popularity in many circles, especially since it integrates mobile devices, IM, and email into the mix. To many, this might seem excessive, if MySpace were coffee, Twitter is like crystal meth in comparison! But then... it hit me... the genius of something like Twitter may not be what one person is thinking/saying/doing, it's more likely going to be what a large group of like-minded people are saying, doing, thinking, and hoping for.

The AboveTopSecret.com Experiment With Twitter

AboveTopSecret.com On Twitter

AboveTopSecret.com and our Twitter Friends

As you can see, we've developed a method to automatically feed Twitter new topics that quickly generate several replies. We've been at it for a couple days as part of our initial test.

And as you can also see, a few astute ATS members have noticed our Tweets (that's what a Twitter update is called) and have decided to follow our updates, and we're following them. The resulting with-friends page is an aggregate list of everyone's tweets.

Hrm... now that is where ATS can take this concept and push it someplace truly different.

The AboveTopSecret.com Firehose Of Consciousness on Twitter

Imagine, if you will, an AboveTopSecret.com & Friends Twitter page with dozens, or even hundreds of ATS members providing one or two tweets a day, along with the regular hot new topics. This becomes especially valuable if your contributions are meaningful and not the typical "waiting for pizza dude" type tweets that seem to be prevalent. We'd end up with a running relevant commentary of what's important to us for all the world to see. A firehose of what we think, as we're thinking it.

Starting The Experiment

To encourage our members to join and participate with relevant tweets, just do one of the following:

1) Already On Twitter? Follow our page, then U2U me with your Twitter username.

2) Join Twitter With Your ATS Username then follow our page

3) If your ATS Username is taken on Twitter use a different name to join Twitter, follow us, then U2U me your username

We'll award ATS members that follow our page with 5,000 ATS points. (Not to worry, membership in Twitter requires a minimum of information.)

If all goes well, the ATS & Friends page will be a stunning stream of consciousness on a fast-rising social network.

DISCLAIMER
There is no relationship between Twitter and The Above Network, LLC. This idea is purely born out of us noticing the potential that exists with integrating such a service. If any relationship between us and Twitter were to develop because of this initiative, we'll be sure to provide full disclosure.

Your Twitter mods are Asala < --me ....niteboy82 and djdohboy

[edit on 25-3-2009 by asala]

join