It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

was life on Mars destroyed by a nuclear war

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 07:11 PM
link   
This is simple fancy and wishfull thinking. In order for there to have been a nuclear war on Mars there would have to have been life on Mars. Where's the evidence? There is none! It never existed, at least in the form we hope had existed!!

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 06:30 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by shorty

What researchers shorty? No one in the scientific comminity with any credibility has said their is any link between the so called face (WHICH ISNT A FACE AT ALL AS NEWER HIGH RES PHOTOS SHOW) and egypt.

The only people who make those sort of claims are the fringe elements, such as Hoagland and such who have been eviscerated by the scientific community, and as such people who follow these fookish ideas like religion accuse the science community or NASA of a cover up. The fact is Mars was once more Earth like, and may have even had primitive life, but no evidence suggests any intelligent civilization arose on Mars, indeed the event that did kill Mars, the loss of its magnetic field which caused the planet to be bombarded with cosmic radiation and resulted in the loss of its amosphere, seems to have happened while the planet was to young in its history for such to develop. What caused Mars to lose its magentic field is still not known for sure, but their are theories, some of which involve Mars being victim of a collision by a large asteroid or some other object casing a series of events which resulted in the loss of its magentic field, but no one is sure.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by junglejake

Don't agree with the article at all. I don't think there was life on Mars, however.. to play devils advocate. Plant life produces a lot of our oxygen supply. If plant life became extinct on mars it could explain (at least in part) the lack of oxygen on the planet.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
I agree and also disagree, as you say there are fringe loonies who put the most ridiculous pics/info up saying there's life on Mars and all sorts of garbage, then there's ones who study the Nasa Mars raw images/data for years and find massive proof of a past civilization/s on Mars, the non water theory has been blown out the window long ago, along with many other fanciful tales, there's tons of water on/under the surface Mars, theres blue skies on Mars, there's vegetation on Mars, theres methane on Mars, there's winds, clouds, frost, ice, and signs of vegetation regeneration, there's a surface scattered with remains of metal and other structures, mashed pulverised, twisted into grotesque shapes through massive heat, there are craters with the wrecked building complexes etc., falling in/ downwards, not outwards? there are tampered shots, blackened out but invariably what lies beneath is remains of machined objects, anything that smacks of a once populated planet is carefully erased......water has been evaporated from the surface by massive heat! but there are signs of seepage back to the surface. again....the question I would like to know is not if there is/was life on Mars, but why is it being kept secret from all the inhabitants on Terra Firma? is the threat still out there, that wiped the life off the surface of Mars?, folk the same as us, that laughed loved till that ghastly unspeakable tragedy, could the same thing happen here?.....as the Military is at least 50yrs years ahead of what they tell us, so I would not be at all surprised to know that they already have bases on the Moon and Mars, then another question, what is the prize?outlay v gains, well there's technology and minerals my friends, minerals are the universal currency.....of course there's a high carbon atmosphere, possible due to the terrible heat that sucked and evaporated the water from the surface, and stripped the surface of all life.....but she is regenerating, I like the facts, not fairy fairy tales.. and no matter what they try to hoodwink you with, Mars was/is inhabited, as is much of the Universe, time hu mans got their heads out of the sand...it is quite feasable & logical that there is life going on under the surface, well we would go underground if a calamity was to threaten Earth.....wouldn't we?

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by shorty
I believe that after a nuclear war broke out on Mars. The surviving Martian race emigrated to the Earth, building the Pyramids and Sphinx to represent the features on mars so that when we were intelligent enough we might discover that there was once a thriving powerful E.T race on mars.

(apoliges for the spelling it's not my best subject)

Apologies accepted and cleaned up as much as time allows.

What are those blueberry spherules all about, did they just drop out on to the soil or was that the formation of glass by a nuclear blast or explosion . A marsh of exhausted brooms and mops leaned against the rail. paranoia. We need to be confused about who the real good and bad guys are. Go up there and ignore the dead and dying brown withered plants and bring with you a cryovac food tray to store food so it does not become uraniumized, that according to Dr. John Brandenburg.
edit on 23-5-2012 by MarkScheppy because: ag

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
This is quite a good theory, but I'm not into the 'nuclear war' thing sorry. Aliens wouldn't use outdated 'human' technology.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by MarkScheppy

They are not blue. You may want to read up on the large quantity of information regarding the equipment used on the Rovers and color imaging.

They are most likely Iron Concretions, although there are other possibilities I'm sure; but most certainly there appears to be an abundance of Iron on Mars. Iron Concretions would be as good a guess as any and I've collected many myself here on Earth. As a child we called the ones we gathered in one area of Utah "Flintstones Marbles" and used them in our Wrist Rockets (sling shots) they were so abundant.

I ended up giving my Geology Professor a box full of fist sized, saucer shaped ones because he fooled me on a test with and atypical sample of Olivine and it gave me a giggle fooling him with a plain old iron concretion.

I'm rambling again, I'll go away

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by shorty
I would like to say thank you for the intrest in my post. I have read the stargate conspricy and if you wish to lern about Temples theory i would serjest you buy his book The Sirius Mystery.

As yet what i have posted is a posible hypothesis and would not no how to go about reasherching it properly i only have the internet at my disposal. If anyone would like to give me some links to sites that may deepen my knolige of nuclear weopenry and/or its effects then i would be very pleased. Thank you very much

Hey there shorty ... you might find my own website of interest it's all my own theories / hypotheses concerning our planets history and Sirius / Martian / Orion connections ... if you're as into this subject as I think you are you will love it.

The Atlantean Analysis (Experiment Man - Laboratory Earth)

www.theatlanteananalysis.webeden.co.uk...

Woody

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by shorty

A nuclear war would not completely destroy all life on a planet. I think it is much more likely that, given life ever existed there, that it was the failure of the planet's magnetic field that caused the extinctions. I don't see how we could ever consider terraforming Mars in light of that fact.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SpookyVince

Of conspiracies on this forum, the nuclear war on Mars has the best credibility but to elicit belief people need to see proof and and such things, the same who need proof of the global financial crisis that is happening now, it is like a nuclear war on Mars and the proof is very much everywhere. The people say hey the space program is too expensive and we shouldn't be spending on space exploration and yet they want to see proof of what some of us are speculating about what happening on mars.

The wars between the Gods that has happened on other planets and the key to much of the symbolism has been lost, but you can see some of it with those Viking pictures of the face on mars lots of craters on the red planet look like inverted nuclear bomb blasts.
edit on 5-6-2012 by MarkScheppy because: a

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I think if it was a weapon , it was something much more powerful than nuclear bombs. Something more advanced than what we have now.

But I think a more common theory than a war is a huge asteroid hit Mars and rendered it permanently uninhabitable.
edit on 5-6-2012 by Mercurio because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-6-2012 by Mercurio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I am agreeing a little bit with this “blowing them up” idea maybe life would even work better if they did that, destroy the old Gods, the old archetypes and start a new.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid
i'm gonna go with a big ol' no on this one... especially since there is no "face on mars"

science.nasa.gov...

this site discusses that. the "face" was the result of poor quality images from the viking one probe.

The images referred to in your Web page were intentionally altered and distorted. Details may be seen at this link:

metaresearch.org...

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
The Face on mars bares more of a resemblence to Thwomp from the Mario series

A nuclear war i doubt is the cause

i think a much more effective weapon would be something similar to Tesla, Lightning weapons would be much more precise,

The normal reason for war is for conquest meaning, you want the land they are on. Their would be no point in blasting it with nuclear weapons as you would simply make that space uninhabitable and a pointless conquest.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by NavalFC
What caused Mars to lose its magentic field is still not known for sure, but their are theories, some of which involve Mars being victim of a collision by a large asteroid or some other object casing a series of events which resulted in the loss of its magentic field, but no one is sure.

Nasa is confirming today with technology that is seeing it up close. Trojan war and fallen fallen is Babylon the great those are martian tales that have come here now and noble greek tales are martian stories. So possibly space laser weapons and other bases maybe that are prepared for conflict with them.

Mars is the the dead rising of western society the great West becoming victims of their own high scale living and believing their religion of take and greed and corrupt and control was going to last for all time.The guy who wrote the book survivors of Atlantis also believed a meteor destroyed Atlantis or sunk the continent below the ocean but I don't subscribe to that.

edit on 14-6-2012 by MarkScheppy because: a

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Mars lost its atmosphere when it lost its magnetic field to shield it from the solar wind.

Earth has had a Trillion Trillion gallons of crude oil pumped from within our crust which sustained temperatures in the crust. Since the oil is gone the crust will start to cool and Earth will lose its magnetic field to protect it from the solar wind.

Maybe alienz in the future will be arguing if there ever was life on Earth. There wasn't intelligent life that's for sure.

So we can definitely say there never was intelligent life on Mars either. Maybe life, but not intelligent.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

When you saw primitive life are you talking about the Auto industry on earth? Boy, my thoughts on the subject, that is more primitive and decayed than any old life on mars, and guess what it did not take a great catastrophe or war or nuclear attack to destroy it. Just human over zealousness, greed, and incompetence and yeah we have a shell of a manufacturing industry that once was had. The auto industry collapse and now we are doing simulation war games on the playstation to satisfy our emptiness Call of Duty and Day of defeat.

I think our science would freak out if we went to Mars and saw what has made the surface of the planet bloodied and made red. Many accepted scientific notions or paradoxes about the Universe are wrong. They are the people of “The Cities of the Plain,” of the “Tower of Babel,” and the carnage of perpetual war. They just can not walk away from it, even if it would doom them. Mount Olympus Gods came down to earth from mars and began the pantheist religions of the jurors, reminds me of the story of the Prometheus three skunks.

Once we acknowledge, as the Pythagoreans and Plato already knew, that the objects of sense-certainty are never better than shadows cast by an unsensed, but nonetheless efficient reality. The surface of the red planet looks charred like the Nazca lines, like something went kablooey, road to turn left, on the planet, the power of satan to God on the surface.

An apocalypse war probably happened there on Mars, maybe it was with a weapon stronger than a nuclear one, probably like the weapon used to o eviscerate (that is the word) the metal columns of the world trade center. It turned into bladerunner.

Directed energy something our government is using now. Secret societies or what not, a massive psych-ops to gentle poison us and keep us away from the truth of where are journey was originally from, like a bunch of stray dogs.

listening to Rome’s queen of chic being eviscerated in this manner, were titillated and appalled.

The point is very simple: The idiot says, maybe our climate is the only one that is able to produce productive life. But probably more forward thinking is that we are just one planet in a sea of many that have had intelligent life, and it would be chauvinist to believe that more technologically advanced beings are as “human” as us in the solar system (probably and perhaps in our own.)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I believe there was life on Mars and I believe that the life that was there is described by Zecharia Sitchin. To prove this one has to unlock the secrets of the Face on Mars, which i have done. Hidden in open view and carved upon the Face on Mars are pictures to show what Zecharia Sitchin discovered about Marduk and the Igigi.
Here the video i made to prove it.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   
I seem to remember reading some where that our internal clocks are set up to a Mars rotation and not an Earths rotation of the sun?

also read some where on here that scientists say Earth has to much water for what it should have, alot more in fact, maybe the missing water on Mars was bought to Earth?

we wont know till manned missions reach Mars and even then it could be covered up, what we need is a public funded mission by the people and not Government controlled then we would know for sure after exploring Mars.

Also the ruins being found under the sea of roads and cities is interesting what would have caused that?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join