It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terror attack rated 'highly likely'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Terror attack rated 'highly likely'

www.worldnetdaily.com

LONDON – Britain's MI5 and MI6 intelligence services have issued a joint warning that the threat of a terrorist attack "on or during the G20 summit in London" next week is now at the "top end of severe," the third of four high-risk levels, according to a report from Joseph Farah's G2 Bulletin.

The only higher rating that intelligence services use is "critical," indicating an attack "is expected imminently."

The warning comes on the eve of the publication of the government's new counter-terrorism strategy. The document includes advice on how to protect buildings from attack.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
well, well. another false flag?

I not only hope so but I am even sure of it.

"Security sources say the possibility of an attack by terrorists would "most likely" involve using automatic weapons for a Mumbai style attack on London's major hotels and shops like Harrods."

how usefull is the terrorist threat for the banksters. any time they need they can focus public opinion on that subject and continue with their frauds.

www.worldnetdaily.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
No doubt the threat level has gone up, but this is probably because the G20 summit is coming, and they need an excuse to keep those pesky protesters away from TPTB.

There is ALWAYS going to be a heightened risk at events such as this, but IMO it's just an excuse to keep the "plebs" in line while the "patricians" decide what's best for us.

And they've really done a good job of that so far...

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Why would there be a terror attack right now? American morale is at it's lowest and this country is virtually drowning in it's own decadence, obesity, and decay. I mean we're hearing justified rumblings for a revolution in this country for the first time in decades. A legit terrorist attack would just galvanize the majority of this country and get it a cause to rally around. Remember the six months after 9/11? The economy would boom, dissenters would be locked up, and whatever the current administration's agendas are would be pushed immediately...

...Wait a minute

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Oh yes, let's scare all the people into thinking there are ninjas on their lawns once again.

It makes sense they would pull this crap out at this time, with the economy in the drain and rising worries over diseases like H1 as well as the mobilizing of the military almost world wide.

Simply ridiculous, I love how they can raise the threat level and attempt to scare everybody, yet can't divulge any information that would keep anybody safe.

Reminds me of John Ashcroft use to come out and say " I don't know where, I don't know when, but something awful is going to happen".

To quote a great comedian. It's more like the Central Intuitive Agency now a days.

Deny ignorance and ignore this propaganda.

~Keeper

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by CuriousSkeptic

in fact (you see I do not belive that terrorist are a real enemy here) the time is great. attack right now would weaken the countires even more. the stocks (which are unstable but getting a little more optimistic for last few weeks) would made a big wat down and the strike in that specific moment could bring a total chaos to the economy and finally to the west world itself.

but still, I have no belif that they are able to start a serious attack in a first place without the help from the secret agencies and government itself.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering...

they love to spark fear in people

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Who cares? Terrorism is a tiny tiny problem and one nobody knows how to solve anyway. We should just ignore it. Your chance of being killed on the highways by a reckless driver are literally a thousand times greater than being killed by a terrorist.

The war on terror is no more than a phony way to justify the mideast wars just like the war on communism was used to justify vietnam and the war on nazism justified WW2 and the war on slavery justified the Civil war. Truth is all wars are about profiteering.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
It seems that having set up the system to deal with imminent terrorist threats; ALL threats, even those not inherently 'terrorist' will be treated as if they were.

I feel sorry for the brave souls who will try to confront the establishment by way of peaceful protest... they are already being set up.

new topics

join