It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FL VA Hospital May Have Given AIDS To 3,650

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   

FL VA Hospital May Have Given AIDS To 3,650

www.miamiherald.com

Thousands of veterans who underwent certain routine medical procedures at Miami's VA Medical Center are at risk of being infected with hepatitis or HIV, the hospital announced Monday.

The revelation drew intense criticism from South Florida congressmen and the concern of veterans who hope a visit to the government-run health center has not compromised their health.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I am a veteran and I do not use the VA hospital system, I much prefer the private sector.

There is some downfalls to this though, because Doctors in the private sector are controlled by the insurance companies and they cannot get certain tests done when they need them. Almost like the Insurance people say who can and cannot get stuff done. Undermining Doctors, it is horrible.

So yeah when I know I need an MRI or something I will go to the VA because they will do it. Other than that the private sector is the way to go, I hope the VA improves.

This article scared the hell out of me!! I hope no one on here was one of the people infected.

-Kdial1

www.miamiherald.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 24-3-2009 by kdial1]

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Shameful.

Not one shameful line.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I too am a Veteran who refuses to use the VA medical system. I am service-connected disabled and I served in both war and peace.

The support the VA gives is insulting.

(I know there are exceptions to that generalization, but on the whole, I stand by my assessment.)

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
My question is who is going to be held accountable for this? This is like murder on a massive scale.

Nevermind I forgot doctors have a free pass when it comes to stuff like this......

-Kdial1

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdial1
My question is who is going to be held accountable for this? This is like murder on a massive scale.

Nevermind I forgot doctors have a free pass when it comes to stuff like this......

-Kdial1

Don't I wish you were wrong....

I am willing to wager that in nearly EVERY western hospital on earth, they kill and sicken more people than they cure or heal. They just don't count those.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
My dad used the VA here in SW Florida and they have done a wonderful job. He had prostate cancer and had surgery and treatment and is doing excellent. They have been great to him.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Since it is illegal to say that anything but a "drug" can cure a "disease" thanks to the FDA and FTC, therefore it is illegal to say that an ORANGE can cure SCURVY. So, in my opinion, according to many researchers and doctors outside the US, SELENIUM cures AIDS. G-d Help us all.

new topics

top topics

join