It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you still enjoy Coast to Coast AM?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I still listen to it even though Art is almost never on anymore, but Noory is kinda annoying, even if his presence and familiarity is comforting.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Donnie Darko

I listen, but it seems contrived now. George seems to agree with every thing any guest says and the callers do, as well. There's no challenging or questioning....just agreement.

Nothing gets questioned except by Ian and he just annoys me too much to even listen to a full show of his.

George Knapp is pretty good, but C2C just seems too "fake" now.

JMO...

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
While I like Art Bell, I actually started to find him annoying in the last year he was on. He started to get a closed mind on a lot of topics and became kind of a stereotypical crotchity old man. I agree that sometimes Noory can sometimes be a little too open minded, but that's cool with me because it allows me to hear topics that I can then make up my own mind on.
For me, the show is about the guests. I also like Ian Punnet and the other George - variety is good.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by sty

george had big shoes to fill, and is still better than most other hosts.
we all wish art would come back, sundays are still open on c2c, maybe when art needs a break from his new family.

[edit on 24-3-2009 by bigspud]

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   

still listen to some episodes..... I understand though that the show has gone under abit over the last years, despite what would be a more uneasing period of time. There is the odd good show but ultimately I think the show lost much of its magic.... maybe it will come back though...

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Personally i am sick of the show now, i listened alot upto 2005. The show does some shows i might listen too, but i never do anymore.

Shame as it is a good idea for radio, but i have lost interest in it.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I like it when Noory agrees with everyone. It makes them comfortable enough to say some pretty off the wall things. I still enjoy C2C but every now and again they have a pretty boring show. Last nights show was one of them.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I can do without all the D.B. Cooper updates, the world is burning and all Snorrey wants to talk about is that dead-horse topic and UFO sighting....

There was a coal mine disaster a couple of years back and his topic that night was haunted houses or something. He has no pulse on America. Open a line for people/families that are suffering, let them be heard. The man is oblivious. It is frustrating.

Ian Punnit is a little better. His interview skills are far better.

But, yeah, the show is all fluff.

So, no, I do not enjoy the program anymore.

[edit on 24-3-2009 by pluckynoonez]

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I don't listen because you have to pay and why should I pay to listen to George Noory when I can listen to Alex and Texe for free?.

And he pushes the alien stuff too much. UFOs I can deal with, but to come right out and insist we are being visited by humanoids travelling from some star system (or Mars) is ridiculous. I'm very open minded about things also.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I think it may because Art Left the show full time. I can understand why he did. But lets not forget that when C2C was at its best, alot of people never had the Internet and all the Information they have now, they never had back then so they got the info form C2C.

Art was great at what he did, George is good as well. Lets just hope Daniel Ott don't get the job!

Tsom87

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Gullible George, he'll believe anything. It wouldn't surprise me if he went out and had the number 8 tattooed on his butt after interviewing that calendar lady that thinks the date you were born on some mankind contrived calendar determines your fate in life, ha. George would do better if he went and got a job on PBS doing a show called Mr. Noorys' Neighborhood and had guests like the cookie monster or big bird to interview. The show has become boring because of so many repeat guests, most of which just tell stories and bring no proof or science to the table to prove or substantiate what they are talking about or claiming. He's not interested in the truth, he's only interested in his career. People only listen because it's free. I'd pay a buck every night to listen to Art .. not George though.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Divinorumus
Gullible George, he'll believe anything. It wouldn't surprise me if he went out and had the number 8 tattooed on his butt after interviewing that calendar lady that thinks the date you were born on some mankind contrived calendar determines your fate in life, ha. George would do better if he went and got a job on PBS doing a show called Mr. Noorys' Neighborhood and had guests like the cookie monster or big bird to interview. The show has become boring because of so many repeat guests, most of which just tell stories and bring no proof or science to the table to prove or substantiate what they are talking about or claiming. He's not interested in the truth, he's only interested in his career. People only listen because it's free. I'd pay a buck every night to listen to Art .. not George though.

I agree with you completely. Another thing about
Snoory that just makes me cringe is the ridiculous questions he come up with. Sometimes his question to the guest is so off the wall and from out of left field that it makes me think he hasn't even been listening to what the guest has been saying. And while I'm on my rant box, it also irritates me that he professes to be so knowledgeable in esoteric/paranormal subjects but so many times he makes such inane statements about some such topic that anyone listening who does have even a little knowledge on the subject can tell he has no idea what he's talking about. Honest to god, how ever managed to get that job I will never know. Had to be some kind of inside deal. Oh, man, I could go on and on but what the use? He's apparently going to be hosting the show from now until doomsday anyway.

Um, what was the question? Oh yeah, the answer is no. Except when Ian or Knapp is on. Then, yes.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
George is so "nice" he's almost a bit sleazy.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   
It is really sad what has happened to this show. I can remember staying up so late (even though I had to work the next morning) that I would end up falling asleep by the radio just to hear Art and his great shows. Now it seems like there is never anything interesting on! How many times do we have to listen to the annoying voice of Richard C Hoagland (aka Hoaxland) cry about all the NASA conspiracies against him? He went so far as to claim he couldn't download from Space.com because NASA was blocking him! He is always going on and on about how something big is about to "break"...the fact is….nothing ever "breaks!" I would rather listen to the whining of cats screwing or finger nails on a chalkboard then to hear his voice. I turn the station the moment I hear it! What happened to secret society talk like skull and bones and Bohemian Grove? What about Loren Coleman? Instead we have to hear numerology, past life regressions, channeling, planet x, ancient astronauts, reptilians & underground Bases by people like Ed Dames! It’s fun to think “what if”….what if this is true…blah blah blah…but some of this crap isn’t anything near the realm of possibility to where you could say “what if?” George never calls his guest on it either! It seems like there is a small list of guests that continue to appear on the show like a turnstile. Richard Hoagland, Ed Dames, Lionel Fanthorpe, Linda Moulton Howe, Whitley Streiber, Red Elk, Glynnis McCants, John Titor, Ed Grimsley, Zetatalk lady...etc. I hope the producers of C2C read some of these forums and puts a stop to this crap before there is no show left! That’s my 2 cents anyway….

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   

I like the topics so will probably listen from time to time. They use questionable marketing techniques in that they evoke fear in you, then try to sell you gold related services and freeze dried food. It took a while to pin down, but I really think Norry is using vocal inflections from one of everyone's favorite Muppets (Kermit) to soften the sale... listen closely to the apocalyptic freeze dried food sales pitch especially when he says the word food. Lets face it, shows like that are paid for by sponsors. They have to read the commercials as part of their job. I just think there's something going wrong somewhere down the line between the sponsors and the producers.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   
There are still some interesting shows occasionally, but I can't remember the last time they had a guest who didn't have a book to sell. I'm getting really tired of hearing "That's a great question George, and I actually talk about that in my book which listeners can get on Amazon dot com..."

new topics

top topics

join