It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

L.A. airport hit with second power outage in days

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 02:43 PM
link   
LOS ANGELES, California (AP) -- Los Angeles International Airport suffered its second power outage in eight days, although flights were not disrupted thanks to backup batteries.

A malfunctioning transformer was blamed for leaving some airport buildings without regular electricity for nearly two hours Monday. The cause of the electricity problems wasn't known.

"It's a little disturbing," said Bob Marks, regional vice president of the National Air Traffic Controllers Association. "This sure seems like a fragile power infrastructure."

www.cnn.com...
2 times in 8 days, coincidence ?

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 02:50 PM
link   
The US needs to revamp it's whole electrical infrastructure. We have one of the most backward infrastructres of any first world nation, mainly because we were one of the first to adopt it.

As for LA, though, it may just be a defective transformer.

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 06:14 PM
link   
probably just another bionic bird

you know how those birds in California can be.

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Wasn't the FAA doing their every 3 year test for disasters today at LAX? I thought I saw that on the TV today. I don't know if that had anything to do with it.

I do agree with JJ, though. The US does have the worst electrical infrastructures of the first world nations.

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
probably just another bionic bird

you know how those birds in California can be.

Yeah, one of those "bionic birds" blew out the transforemr behind our house last August....NOT.
It was actually the bird-brained people who installed the new pole and trasformer eariler in the year, and didn't tighten the wires properly. So much for the utility companies subcontracting out their work to less skilled workers.

top topics

join