It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corrupt cops lead NY mayor to consider 'martial law'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   

A New York town's decades-long struggle with police corruption has its mayor considering potential measures most would consider drastic: disbanding the entire department and declaring "martial law."

"It may be that as a stopgap measure, that you would need military forces - State Police, National Guard," said Brian Stratton [pictured on right], mayor of Schenectady, New York.

"The governor would have to declare it and then the National Guard would come in," reported Capital News 9. "The mayor said it's more for a transition to a new police force if that were to happen."

Controversy over Schenectady's officers is nothing new.

"My father who served in this office from 1956 to 1958 was battling police corruption," said Stratton in a separate report by Capital News 9.

"Years later, the battle continues as at least five Schenectady police officers face possible termination," reported the station.

"Public Safety Commissioner Wayne Bennett says under the law, he's not allowed to consider the opinions of Mayor Stratton but he says the mayor has given him full authority to make whatever decisions have to be made in these cases," reported Fox 23 in Albany, NY.

Full Article Here

This is interesting ... do you think he will do it? looks like he's leaning that way with all of the corrupt, disorderly cops ... what are your thoughts?

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
What a surprise...not all cops are good guys. Who would have thought?

Maybe this will cause other towns to rethink their own officers. This should be a new standard of flushing out the filth. They're just people in a uniform after all.

Can't let a bunch of pigs run loose...They'll make a mess.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Time to put the piggies back in the pen. A pig will stuff himself to bursting if you let him. BAD PIGGIE, NO DONUT.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Did you see the little piggies,
Playing in the dirt

Did you see the little piggies
in their starched white shirts,

Always having mud,
to play around in...

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
This may or may not be my present location

I will watch for developments. I have a newborn,so i'm a bit busy...but if the SHTF I'll post the latest.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
The problem is that 99% of police are worse than any scum on the street. The system is there for them and there friens to play god with peoples lifes, no matter if people do nothing.

I doubt he will do this, but it sure does show that how bad the situation is, and i thought living in london was bad.

At least now people are starting to to speak about how the people who join the police are the scum of the earth. There motto is not live and let live, it is let our friends live and we will destroy anyone else.

[edit on 3/24/2009 by andy1033]

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
The problem is that 99% of police are worse than any scum on the street. The system is there for them and there friens to play god with peoples lifes, no matter if people do nothing.

I personally have friends who are pig officers in NYPD and other towns in NY. They are heartfelt, decent people who do not get off on others' suffering. BUT even THEY tell me that the differences between most cops and criminals are subjective. One describes his precinct as "Nursery with 9mm's"

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
There was something on the local news last night.Apparently the mayor has spoken to the attorney general about dissolving the force,and possibly using resources from the surrounding counties instead of having a dedicated unit.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I posted about this a few days ago, hopefully this thread will gain more traction than mine did. I found it odd that they would even consider something like this just because of losing 5 bad cops...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

s&f none the less!

new topics

top topics

join