It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are You A Militia Member? New Criteria Released to Identify Militia Members

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Are You A Militia Member? New Criteria Released to Identify Militia Members

www.foxnews.com

If you're an anti-abortion activist, or if you display political paraphernalia supporting a third-party candidate or a certain Republican member of Congress, if you possess subversive literature, you very well might be a member of a domestic paramilitary group.

That's according to "The Modern Militia Movement," a report by the Missouri Information Analysis Center (MIAC), a government collective that identifies the warning signs of potential domestic terrorists for law enforcement communities.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 24-3-2009 by baseball101]

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I don't really know what to say to this ... this kind of reminds me of the red scare ... just my opinion ... but some of these things on this list that qualify people to be a militia member are out there ...

People who supported former third-party presidential candidates like Texas Rep. Ron Paul, Chuck Baldwin and former Georgia Rep. Bob Barr are cited in the report, in addition to anti-abortion activists and conspiracy theorists who believe the United States, Mexico and Canada will someday form a North American Union.

Does this mean ATS will be even more watched? what are your thoughts?

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Well, I see it this way. If they keep trying to label me a terrorist, I may have to one day give them reason to. I am also sure that there are others out here that would say the same thing. I in no way intend to become a violent radical, but on the other hand if I become a felon for my beliefs, I will get my monies worth.

respectfully

reluctantpawn

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I think it is nonsense and psyops.

I think that groups like this like to scare people, so they are releasing this information hoping people just quit being interested.

Why is it nonsense? Because in America people cannot be arrested for doing any or all of those things. It is just like being black in an urban city, (take mine for example). On basis of visual(skin color) you WILL be targeted by police. This is just another nonsense waste of our money (its government run, isnt it?)

Plus it is on Missouri, the heart of the Bible Belt. Fear and ignorance are the norm.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by reluctantpawn

Yeah, i agree ... it's like they want people to react? or just not react and quit what they're doing? i don't either way, they're just asking for trouble ... no one on here (to my knowledge) physically wants to become an extremist to promote their views

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Think this was posted a week or two back will find the link for ya. Here is a link to the pdf with the actual doc.militia doc

here are two related discussions on this

Discussion

and

Discussion2

[edit on 24-3-2009 by drift393]

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Well I said the document was real back then and I'm actually very surprised to see it covered so profousely by the "right-leaning" media.

Profiling is profiling. I said in a thread before I actually had the opportunity to meet a former director of a task force on domestic terrorism of the FBI-and he had some very interesting stories.
Is profiling morally wrong? Maybe.
Does profiling work? Unfortunately, yes.

Not our ATSers (I hope) but many people join movements, just as the so-called "militia-movement", because the glamorization of the "fight the man" aspect (just as was so in the 60's, but liberal obviously)-and not the actual ideology itself. I'm sorry but unfortunately there are an amount of dangerous people, not entirely right in the head, who find this "movement" appealing. They might try to do some illegal things for their "cause" that most people, including myself, would not like done, thank you very much.

Also, why this movement is particularly of a concern to law enforcement (which is to whom the criteria was intended for) is because many of these movements find an issue of legitimacy of a police officer "telling them what to do" and there has been many documented incidents regarding the safety of the officers with these people. Especially in Missouri methinks.
They have a wife and kids to go home to, you know.

Overall, it is a safty concern, and I really don't and never did find this to be some "smoking gun"....

Many years ago, one could see in a Saudi newspaper:

"Covering your head-in America you might be a terrorist! Sweaty palms? Dark Skin? Apparently, all these classify you as an Islamic extremist-ready to hijack a plane! Get ready for questioning at the airport....."

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
When you are put on a watch list because you love and support the country and the premises that it was based on, then it is time to bring it back to its beginnings and start over again. So I may be labeled a terrorist after all, because I support the founding fathers and their precepts. So patriotism is now considered terrorism as well as any other non sanctioned political belief. I guess I will see ya in jail! If they don't kill me first.

respectfully

reluctantpawn

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by drift393

ah, thanks for posting ... i guess i didn't connect the dots ... didn't think these two were related

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
While there are real terrorists in sleeper-cells across the United States, They are not in the lime-light. While red-blooded Americans are being labeled by the liberal administration and press for wanting to secure our constitutional rights, there remain terrorists in sheeps clothing right under our noses and they've been elected to the highest levels in the United States government.

I don't want to mention any names but Obama and cronies(e.g. Pelosi, Reid, Frank, Biden, Hoyer, Byrd), They're the true terrorists. They're out to destroy the very foundations of this great nation. I would keep going but I said I wasn't goin to mention any names.

[edit on 24/3/09 by Intelearthling]

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Militia is a bad word with the government.

Any group that calls themselves militia are just asking to be investigated.

Back under the Clinton administration they even had the feds investigating militia groups like this one they were so paranoid.
suburbanjournals.stltoday.com...

That was when many paramilitary groups quit using the term militia.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

Very true.

Look how they handled William Cooper.. they slaughtered him in cold blood. Shows how much they fear for the truth to come out. The government is a giant terrorist network.

new topics

top topics

join