It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Geithner to Seek Unprecedented Powers, Insiders Say

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
We should be very, very wary of the unprecedented powers being given to the Secretary of the Treasury.

Now, notwithstanding my own misgivings about him as a person, even if Mr. Geitner were an Angel, he would be subject to the massive temptation that that kind of power brings. Having already shown himself to be on a close leash and tether to the Obama plan, and having shown his own fiscal unreliability, I have strong and deep reservations about what this man's legacy will be.

Please also realize the drastic powers that have been sustained in the Department of Homeland Security under Ms. Napolitano. There has been no change.

Yes, Bush significantly consolidated power in the Executive. Now, without losing a shred of that power, Obama has increased it tenfold through his expansions of domestic and financial programs.

Are we the only ones who see the handwriting on the wall? And when is someone going to do something about this? (And its only been about 65 days...)

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by skeptic1

In think it needs to be done these companies are taking tax payer money to hold them off until things get better but there the problem they have to cut there losses and start over for the good of the people, there choosing to take care of the select few over doing what has to be done for the good of us all and if they can't see that they need to hand over power to somone who does.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Yeah, so you know what worries me about this? I got home and I seen this vid.
Urgent FEMA Warning with Timeline

Alright I kind of thought the people in the YouTube vid were whack jobs. Well, I still think they're whack jobs, but they basically say that in Aug or Sept the gov will shut down the banking system in the U.S. and block off all the highways and round us up in camps and make us use food vouchers instead of money.

Alright, so I don't know if that'll happen or not. I think they're lying about having inside info, but after reading this I'm starting to wonder if maybe they were right. It clicked in my memory about them shutting down the entire banking system.

If that is what happens I think I already see what's going on here. If they wanted to shut down the banking system, what better way then to get special emergency powers to let you shut down whatever you want right?

[edit on 25-3-2009 by tinfoilman]

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by skeptic1

I agree with you,

Geitner, has a way of ruining a good thing.

Today when he spoke the DOW dropped considerably. It did go back up but he's just another Hank Paulson, if you ask me.

I heard some mention today that he also agreed with a global currency. Can you believe this?

How can the worlds leaders get together and make new American, rather Global laws of the land. It makes me extemely angry.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join