It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexican's sneeking back into Mexico - Wow, I love it ~!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I have an idea. Why don't we Americans go to Mexico, Take away all the jobs of the educated,[i.e. doctors, teachers, scientists], protest in the streets waving our flag, and milk the social services dry, like health care, education etc. Let's see how well we would fare doing this. Let's use the same laws as Mexico for their ILLEGAL immigrants. I mean reciprocity is only fair isn't it? After all it is all about equality isn't it? Surely we could buy off some official down there someplace.

respectfully

reluctantpawn

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by reluctantpawn

You people complain about illegal immigrants being stupid and lazy, and then you say things that imply they took our best jobs like doctors?

No, love, you can't have it both ways. Go to Mexico and steal their gardening or other low-wage almost slave labor jobs, but don't pretend that stealing a doctor's job is the same as what they are 'doing to us'.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose

Originally posted by whaaa
It's only a matter of time till US citizens will be trying to cross the border into Mexico to get away from the chaos and anarcy in the US. I wonder if the Mexicans will build a fence to keep us out. And the Canadians have a contingency plan to hunt the "USpicks" down like dogs if we cross into their country with out the proper papers.

Have you researched this at all? There are restrictions in Mexico, for ex-pat Americans.

Yes, actually I have. I lived in Mexico in the early 80s for over a year. However I'm not an ex-pat, just on an extended vacation and living large on the cheap.

?Compro un pollo para la cena?

[edit on 24-3-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by sadisticwoman

reply to post by moonwilson

Ha ha, can you imagine if Native Americans felt this way, and had enough resources? Man, America wouldn't exist like it does now. We came to THEIR COUNTRY, stole THEIR RESOURCES, ruined THEIR LAND and slaughtered anyone who thought to argue!

This country was FOUNDED by illegal immigrants. Show some damn respect to your heritage and patriotism towards your country's history.

[edit on 24-3-2009 by sadisticwoman]

Don't you think the interests of the Native Americans would have been better served if they had resisted the incursion/ invasion of "illegal aliens" more effectively? I'm having trouble following your logic. We are in the position of the Native Americans in your example above. The illegal aliens are in the white settlers' position. Should we let the illegals "come to OUR COUNTRY, steal OUR RESOURCES, ruin OUR LAND and slaughter anyone who thinks to argue?" You would want to stop that, wouldn't you? Or should we just let anyone who wants to waltz into the country, do whatever they want, not pay taxes, enjoy the services we pay for, and be sad when they leave?

For the record, I am married to a LEGAL immigrant.

Nice strawman attack on my patriotism and respect for my heritage by the way. Thanks for that.

[edit on 24-3-2009 by moonwilson]

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by sadisticwoman

First I did not say they are stupid or lazy. I do not look down at other people that way.

What I implied was that if we were to do something similar to their country we would be thrown out or shot. It is simply flabbergasting to me to see their officials come over to our country and complain that it is not fair to their people for not taking care of them. When in return their laws prohibit us from doing the same.

If they want better treatment of their citizens then we should be able to take advantage of their system as they do ours, including protesting in the streets over language, healthcare, and education, among others. Quid Pro Quo in other words. Love

respectfully

reluctantpawn

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
If I had to choose between what immigrants cost us and what our government is costing us, I would choose the immigrants. The immigrants cost us a whole lot less than our government multi-trillion dollar spending sprees..

And for those of you who talk about them taking our jobs. Hogwash. Our good paying jobs have been leaving this country for years upon years as you sat by criticizing illegal immigrants for taking your high paying jobs. Yet, you continue to support the export of our jobs by continuing to buy the products these companies send back to the US.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Next_Heap_With

What is sooo wrong man?

The Bill of Rights is not universal.
It was created by and is meant for Citizens of The United States Of America only.
We have given till it hurts. We owe illegals nothing plus we're beyond broke.
Illegals in a foreign country have the right to go home and that's all.
A friend was touring around overseas and hurt her knee in Prague. No medical available without cash. No help; no rights. Basicly they said go home if you need help, you don't belong to us. Was she mad? How could she be; she was in a foreign country, legaly even.
Get a grip; illegal is illegal and this is good news. I'm sick of them and their 'anchors'. No wonder Mexico is upset, this is going to cost them.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

I see your point as the illegal situation would be much easier to handle than the criminals we have 'representing' us. But, don't you see, it adds up. If we wern't supporting millions of illegals the debt/crime rate and so on would be lessened. It just would.
I could go on for hours about the direction our poor country is taking and part of it is concerning the way we allow illegals way too much of everything but what they, by American law, deserve.
edit to add:
I'm glad many are going home and encourage many more to do the same.

[edit on 24-3-2009 by AmericanDaughter]

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by moonwilson

This land is not our land, and never, NEVER will be.

It's not only illegal immigrants who protest in the streets. Legal immigrants have just as hard a time learning english as you would have learning German or French in your adult years.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Who says it is because of the crackdown? There is a downturn in the economy. People are losing jobs. Teh sector the day laborors composing the most of was hit the hardest. I just don't think there is work.
So they have to go back. Because you certainly can't afford to live here with no money, despite the free healthcare.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Sadly if you just use google or whatever search engine you want,
you will find hundreds of pages of proof!

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by sadisticwoman

This land is not our land, and never, NEVER will be.

And here we see the fundamental expression of our ideological differences. I see the above worldview as hopelessly misguided and mortally wrong. Wars have been fought, blood shed for it, and nothing can change that. This Nation is our inheritance and wars will be fought, blood shed to preserve it and NOTHING you say or do can change that. So we will just have to disagree.

Our Nation. Our Laws. Our Sovereignty. Deal with it.

[edit on 24-3-2009 by Smack]

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
one of the reasons Sonora may be complaining is because a lot of the immigrants are from South America, not Mexico. They just used Mexico as a land bridge.
So if they are not citizens and are flooding the area, then it is just as much as a problem for them as it is for us.

BUT, that being said, it works both ways. They let them cross, so they can handle the problem of them crossing back.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Next_Heap_With
you cannot put everyone in the same bag.....

second line...

So true. So why should illegals be put into the same bag of rights and privilage of citizens of the United States????

Now if these illegals would go thorugh the process of becoming citizens, and not cheat and sneak around the system, then that would be different.

Just because the US is called "The Land of The Free", does not mean that illegals are free to come here and expect the rights of freedom to just be handed to them because they came across the border in the open desert and park here for years without giving back into the system they take from.

I salute the efforts made by Arizona and I believe that every state in the union should follow the same steps. Its time to put the term "illegal immigrants" into its rightful place where it should be....ILLEGAL.

Define "ILLEGAL". Then define "immigraton". Once you properly define those two words, put them together, and then define "Illegal Immigration".

No where in the definition of "Illegal Immigration" does it say "the freedom to live, work and send your money to your home country and not pay back into the sytsem that gives you free food, free medical and free immunity to our laws".

Cheers!!!!

[edit on 24-3-2009 by RFBurns]

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   

This land is ours by right of victory. Before that it was my ancestors. [I am Apache] To the victor goes the spoils as it always has been. until someone bigger, badder, meaner and madder comes along to take it from us.

As to the language issue. I don't see the Asians protesting in the streets over language issues and not learning english. Is it really that hard to learn another language in an immersion environment?. That really is a cop out. And are you so racist to think that they cannot learn another language? Or is it an age issue. I am well into middle age and seem to be able to pick up words and phrases of a multitude of languages without a problem.

respectfully

reluctantpawn

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   

I would add that it still belongs to Native Americans. We are all Americans. this is OUR country. We make the laws, We pay the taxes, We defend it. If you want to join us then do it our way or get lost.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I kind of feel like immigration laws should be the same on both sides of the border. Because obviously Mexico is more strict than America, and that's just funny.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by reluctantpawn

This land is ours by right of victory. Before that it was my ancestors. [I am Apache] To the victor goes the spoils as it always has been. until someone bigger, badder, meaner and madder comes along to take it from us.

As to the language issue. I don't see the Asians protesting in the streets over language issues and not learning english. Is it really that hard to learn another language in an immersion environment?. That really is a cop out. And are you so racist to think that they cannot learn another language? Or is it an age issue. I am well into middle age and seem to be able to pick up words and phrases of a multitude of languages without a problem.

respectfully

reluctantpawn

Was about to say something like this. I picked up some French and Japanese on my own without any formal training and without even being immersed in places that speak those languages. The slightest bit of ambition and determination will go a LONG way.

Put me with the stack of folks that gets a kick out of this whole thing. Do i have sympathy for their situation? Sure. But I resent that there are people here that need help and services from the government that can't get it for whatever reason, yet there are illegals getting free healthcare, etc.

As someone else said, if you come here legally, I welcome you with open arms. Circumvent the process and I more or less consider you a criminal, and rightly so.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   

It's harder to learn things as an adult than it is as a child. It's as simple as that.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Life is hard, get over it. If you want to succeed you work to change and overcome your handicap. One learns to assimilate. If they don't want to change why should we?

respectfully

reluctantpawn

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join