It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"U.S. Seeks Expanded Power to Seize Firms"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   

The Obama administration is considering asking Congress to give the Treasury secretary unprecedented powers to initiate the seizure of non-bank financial companies, such as large insurers, investment firms and hedge funds, whose collapse would damage the broader economy, according to an administration document.

WaPo Link

And guess who they want to be in charge of wielding these new seizure powers?... Wait for it... THE FED. :shk:

I have to say, I stumped for Obama, and dig the the man's intellectual scope and style, but I am becoming ever more suspect that is raison d'etre is service to Wall St.

I realize he has been deluged with a mountain of garbage that just keeps growing as a gift from the last admin, and it debatable if this is a remotely reasonable idea to begin with, (general thoughts on that, anyone?) but the very idea that you would put THE FED in charge of such a plan surely makes it a scheme... sigh.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   
More power to the fed......
just what we need. The same crooked thieves that helped to create this mess. I guess more power for them would be appropriate, given the way that everything else has transpired. They own us all, lets just make it official. We are their slaves and they can do whatever they want with us.

This is really getting disgusting. If you aren't disgusted yet, go ahead and read this... www.rollingstone.com...

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Hell, why don't we just make the treasury secretary President.

Congress needs to quit delegating its powers to the executive branch.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   
More socalism indeed.

Man the people doing all this must have a fun time doing all these things.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

Thanks for the link Karl. It is, to date, the most concise telling of what went down and how it went down that I have read thus far

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I feel the same way. It should be required reading. It makes my blood boil though.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I'm not surprised. The Federal Reserve Chairman is the most powerful man in the world. Nobody had a problem with this when everything was running smoothly and Greenspan was 'the Oracle." Now that everything blew up, we all want the President to come in and take the reigns. Won't happen.

In essence, you work for the banks. So does the President.

top topics

join