It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oakland Police Massacre Casts Ugly Glare on Ex-Felon Desperation

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Godfather of Conspira
So people are surprised that convicted felons are behaving like....

Convicted felons?

I bet you don't even know what a felony is. Look it up and you'll be suprised how minor a crime can be and still be classed as a felony.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by The Godfather of Conspira

Star!
Godfather, I apologize for applauding Unit541's post, without excluding his first
line. I should have differentiated there, I liked all the rest of it, is why I did it. I enjoy reading what both of you write.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by samhouston1886

Welcome to ATS Sam!

Star for your post with video!
My dial-up took hours to buffer and load, so I took a nap, and let it fragment and spin; no sense watching paint dry!

Very good snippet, and relevant to the thread here, thanks. Mr. Bouza reveals a philosophy of engineered chaos & unrest by TPTB, for the purpose of breeding a culture of crime, adjacent to the culture of good, hard-working middle class people trying to make it.

The two are in violent colission. When the povertous, desperate, ragefull, uneducated types 'snap', often times innocent people are killed, and society is ratcheted-down a notch in evolution.

I wonder if there will ever be a solution to poverty & crime; or will it be the demise of us all, eventually?

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

Thanks for the additional info about Mixon & his past record, I'm very interested in that. Maybe you'd be good enough to provide a link, or steer me to where you got it? Thanks.

Yeah, he was definitely a 'creature' as you said! With little to no self-control. We're all creatures, it's just that the majority of us can excersize a level of self-control which classifies us as humans!

You're right, when creatures live on basic instinct, they're doomed;;; and so are some of US, because of it!!

Edit: The coolest 'creatures' sit poolside with a margarita, don't they?

[edit on 3/26/2009 by FRIGHTENER]

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by FRIGHTENER

Thanks for the additional info about Mixon & his past record, I'm very interested in that. Maybe you'd be good enough to provide a link, or steer me to where you got it? Thanks.

No problem, wiki has pretty good coverage on his past, they include external references if you need them:

en.wikipedia.org...

Edit: The coolest 'creatures' sit poolside with a margarita, don't they?

Nahh, the coolest creatures are the 2 mallard ducks who swim around my pool while the Margaritas are being consumed

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by FRIGHTENER
reply to post by The Godfather of Conspira

Star!
Godfather, I apologize for applauding Unit541's post, without excluding his first
line. I should have differentiated there, I liked all the rest of it, is why I did it. I enjoy reading what both of you write.

I dislike that first line too. However, I still feel it was warranted given Godfather's implications that all convicted felons behave the way Mixon did. At best, it's hyperbole, at worst an outright lie, and in either case it oozes ignorance.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

Thanks for the link, Retseh, really good!
I love wiki, no matter what anyone might say!

Wow! It could be said this guy deserved death, at the rate he was going, not because me or anybody else says so, but because of what he did & how he lived!

I did NOT know he had raped a young girl...and was suspected in other rapes. Horrible shame for that girl, and the other girls, and certainly for the cops he killed.

Maybe the parole system was doing all it could at the time, revoking, and issuing arrest warrant for him, and actively searching for him.

I wonder what changes will be forthcoming in the wake of this tragedy, in methods of dealing with known violent offenders who knowingly elude parole comittments?

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Unit541

Thanks for that, Unit, I appreciate it.

I always like reading your posts on ATS; (shame we can't talk about certain topics..aHemm)...because I remember how well you vocalized your opinion there...

But you have more courage than me, making, let's say, more profound statements to others, and statements about yourself!

But you are completely right, about not all felonies being equal! I applaud your opinion & style.

I'm a brawler in person, don't get me wrong, but here on the computer discussion boards, I'm a total panzie! I'm just afraid to mix it up with other people on here! I don't know why. Maybe it's because I've learned my lesson from all the felony jail time for bar-brawling & resisting & other stuff in my past!!!
There! I said it!

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Oakland Police Massacre Casts Ugly Glare on Ex-Felon Desperation

You know what, it doesn't at all.
Look to the previous massacres, done by people who WERE NOT ex felons.
Who killed MORE people.
So this is just blowing it out of proportion as usual.
This was COPS fighting a gang banger, the usual stuff, and unfortunately they died in the fight.
Which is a hazard of the Job.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by aLiiEn

Star!
For bringing a new, unique angle to the discussion.
Very good, valid point about all the shooting rampages across our country, perpetrated by different people from a cross-section of society.

As a matter of fact, there was a cop in Utah recently who murdered a bunch of people randomly...

And another young cop, up in northern Wisconsin last year, who came back to a party where his ex-girlfriend was, and killed some of them...

And of course, that ex-cop, Drew Peterson, with four previous dead wives...(but he hasn't been tried or convicted yet)!

And you're right about the gang wars going on between the cops & gangs in so many cities. Each side knows the risks. It seems to be escalating. All of it!

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Ex felons in this country have less rights than illegal aliens. They have NO rights. None. Sure, they made wrong choices, as do we all, but theirs is a life sentence. Ah, what a wonderfully fair country we live in. Lets begin again by illegalizing hippocrates.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
frightener your life is evident in your posts.

when you fail to complete parole any violation is not a trip to jail; but back to prison.

you should be given equal to what you express as what he was.

it is impossible to complete what you want to call rehabilitation; because to you rehabilitation has nothing to do with gaining the highest academic qualification a person can achieve by his or her own pursuit, but everything to do with making sure the person who "went in" is exactly the same or worse off in the same situation when they "get out".

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
When I was 19 I got involved with the "wrong crowd". I drove the car for a burglary of a local collection agency. Well, being only 19 I was caught for the mis-deed. (Great job Coppers! (Seriously!))

Well, after a few months in jail (I was a poor 19 year old) I went to court and became an official felon. For, it doesn't really matter. If you are in jail, you are treated as guilty until proven innocent. (That is how it works in the jails, not prisons.)

Anyway, I was now a felon! Before the scarlet letter I could receive gainful employment, and more! Afterward, nothing. Now even, I find it hard to find a job (Now being BEFORE the depression.) Now I have no proof that it is because of my scarlet letter, but I have quite a bit of circumstantial evidence. Now, let's put that circumstantial evidence in the heads of folks who didn't commit crimes because they were 19.

I live my life under the assumption that this unspoken law exists. (IE Do not hire felons as per the scarlet letter.) I do not think MORE scarlet letters are the way to handle this, how about some rehabilitation?

Or do I deserve to be "less than" because of a mistake I made when I was 19? What if I had been 17, then I wouldn't be a felon, would I still deserve the treatment?

Lastly, I can see why he snapped. I am surprised more do not, the system is built to keep one in chains. "They" don't want you having a job, because then you wouldn't commit crimes and go to jail. Then "they" wouldn't get money for you being in jail. This story has the best of both worlds, "they" got screwed and the perp goes free.

*Cue appeal to emotion* (No I don't care about the families or the officers, or even the shooter.) Guess that is because I am a dirty felon.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join