It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you get if you divide science by God?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Hello all,

Thought the following article was quite interesting:

A prize-winning quantum physicist says a divine reality is veiled from us, and science offers a glimpse behind that veil. So how do scientists investigating the fundamental nature of the universe assess the role of God, asks Mark Vernon.

Link: news.bbc.co.uk...

Is there any other theories or methods that scientifically or mathmatically prove that "there is a world beyond the immediate, material one" ?

I've read about the divine proportion, phi etc and find that is one looks closely enough that there are facts that suggest this world was created. It's all a little too perfect, what do you guys think?

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   

What do you get if you divide science by God?

Im not religious but take it for granted that there is a scientific explanation for where our consciousness goes when we die.. (if we dont go anywhere, then we wont know so it wont matter)

We just haven't figured it out yet and probably wont until our knowledge of the universe and minds evolves to the point where we can grasp it.. ie. A few hundred thousand years time. I wont be holding my breath

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I just finished reading a book where the author mentioned that we can indirectly direct six or so dimensions above the space/time one that we reside in. I'm not exactly sure what the matematics behind it is.

Also, their was a Jewish Rabbi way back in the day who taught that we lived in a universe that contained 10 dimensions.

I personally believe that it makes a lot of sense [multiple dimentions]. When I think of the Garden of Eden and man's fall away from God, it makes sense that ever since that day, we have been cut off from the totallity that is creation and we're limited to this physical "reality". [This is because man became sinful and could live in the divine, holy, reality anymore]. It is almost like what we call the "spiritual realm" is the real deal but due to our inclination toward sin, we've been sheilded from it--most likely for our protection, I would presume.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by octotom
I personally believe that it makes a lot of sense [multiple dimentions]. When I think of the Garden of Eden and man's fall away from God, it makes sense that ever since that day, we have been cut off from the totallity that is creation and we're limited to this physical "reality". [This is because man became sinful and could live in the divine, holy, reality anymore]. It is almost like what we call the "spiritual realm" is the real deal but due to our inclination toward sin, we've been sheilded from it--most likely for our protection, I would presume.

Puke.

Line two.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Well puke if you will - the fall of man is a metaphor which rings with much truth. A species, perfect - with physical and mental capacities far beyond that of any other creature in existence capable of sitting atop the food chain for eternity had he not desired MORE.

Truth be told science and religion are both simply different languages which communicate the same message through unique frequencies - the message being the summary of the ancestral existence which created us. No, we may no be able to understand why we exist innately through the parameters of our human experience - but science and religion both attempt to break through this barrier and reconcile man with infinity.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by octotomIt is almost like what we call the "spiritual realm" is the real deal but due to our inclination toward sin, we've been sheilded from it--most likely for our protection, I would presume.

Yes but actually, it could be much more important than what we think it is.

It's not for own protection but it's the Universe's mechanism for preventing destructive(non-creative) elements from spreading out. The Universe is rather protecting itself from us!

If you can care for someone who could do you absolutely no favor, money, sex, friendship, fame, etc. You just took the first step into entering this heavenly realm

[edit on 25-3-2009 by ahnggk]

new topics

top topics

join