It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your tribe

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   
I see a lot of posts by the rambo types. Although I can see some wisdom in this, it does not apply to me. I have a family to think about. The topics we discuss here are constantly discussed in the circles I travel.

The plans we have made end up being if we get out, meet at location X. We know what skills we have, what weaknesses, strengths, etc.

I was just curios how many other people have thought about this. How many have made preps like this.

What will you do if you get to your BoL and find it overrun by people you don't know?

What type of fall back plans do you have?

Spiritowl

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spiritowl
I see a lot of posts by the rambo types. Although I can see some wisdom in this, it does not apply to me. I have a family to think about. The topics we discuss here are constantly discussed in the circles I travel.

The plans we have made end up being if we get out, meet at location X. We know what skills we have, what weaknesses, strengths, etc.

I was just curios how many other people have thought about this. How many have made preps like this.

What will you do if you get to your BoL and find it overrun by people you don't know?

Spiritowl

When we started a family we moved away from the towns into the countryside, partially for better schools, environment etc but also to get a more secure out of site BOL. Our home is now the prime BOL with a few back up locations that we can retreat to if the home is taken out by parasites. While individuals can survive in cities and the burbs its completely unfeasable for serious survivalists to try and raise a family in those areas.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spiritowl

Spiritowl

So far nothing firm, I'm still trying to gather the loose groups of folks together so we can meet up for some surivival week-ends.
It takes time though, Rome wasn't built in a day.

Hopefully when the spring/summer comes it'll be a good opportunity for a 'gathering-of-the-tribes' to take effect.
NR, Fred31, Citizen and Agent all are good eggs and would make excellent buddies in SITX/Surivivalist circles.

new topics

join