It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Uk Terror Threat " Is Growing "

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

Originally posted by Mintwithahole.
All it needs is the government to place one or two agent provocateurs into the crowds to cause trouble and all hell will break loose this summer.

Precisely. People need to realise that certain agencies DO plant people amongst the crowds to cause havoc.
This achieves two things... mass arrests (information) and also discredits the group.

very well said my friend, ive just came back online so im catchin up with all thats been said
thanks everyone for your inputs and keep em coming
Peace xxx

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by bingmat
reply to post by Merriman Weir

I wonder that - hopefully it won't be the second city Manchester.

If they do let something happen in order to gain more control, I think it will be a "lesser city" like Bristol, where everyne has six fingers already (kidding).

Seriously though, I wonder if this isn't just propaganda to gain supoprt for contnued presence overseas...OR a clampdown on freedom of speech...

She mentions in the SAME breath, the recent anti-troop/islamic protests...

“The civil challenge means that, if people feel it appropriate to demonstrate against our troops coming home from defending this country abroad, we – as Government and others – will say in turn that we think that that’s wrong"

Now I find it hard to condone those people for protesting troops who are just doing their job, and exercising their right to freedom of speech, but those troops would gladly die tomorrow in defence of the british Muslim RIGHT TO PROTEST against them - the very people who they are protesting against.

Government should be protested against - not our army!

...and, this woman isn't to be trusted. Clearly.

Sorry but our army should have no support in fighting wars to make rich old white men richer, the Iraq war is still illegal and the massive influx of heroin into London since the troops have been in afghanistan is not good.

It was Albert Einstein who said the quickest way to end all wars is for the young to refuse to fight.

Sorry no love for the armed forces when waging wars of aggression NOT defence.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by thenumber42
Yeah i heard on the radio about an hour ago, about anarchists planning to riot in London on April 1st.

Storm the banks poster
ianbone.wordpress.com...

It's also worth mentioning, the huge 'Put People First' march being organised for the 28th March which some predict will be "bigger that the poll rax riot!" www.putpeoplefirst.org.uk...

The G20 MELTDOWN site announces 4 starting points to converge on the city on April 1st - starting from these 4 stations at 11am - Moorgate, London Bridge, Liverpool street and Cannon Street.
www.g-20meltdown.org...

Message to All Continents - Global Week of Action
www.indymedia.org.uk...

Call for Summer of Resistance‭ ‬2009
www.gipfelsoli.org...

The Shape of Things to Come - EU Future Group
www.statewatch.org...
www.statewatch.org...

No Future for the "Future Group"!
stockholm.noblogs.org...

Secret Bases - Military - Security - Politics
www.indymedia.org.uk...

Mass Surveillance
en.wikipedia.org...

Government databases - There is large UK section
en.wikipedia.org...

Privacy and Surveillance
search.bbc.co.uk...

In July 2001 the European Parliament reported on the existence of a global system for the interception of private and commercial communications (ECHELON) (2001/2098(INI). The report concluded that a global system for intercepting communications exists and that its purpose is to intercept private and commercial communications, and not military communications.
Extract:
7.4: "To sum up, it can therefore be said that the current legal position is that in principle an ECHELON type intelligence system is not in breach of Union law because it does not concern the aspects of Union law that would be required for there to be incompatibility. However, this applies only where the system is actually used exclusively for the purposes of state security in the broad sense. On the other hand, were it to be used for other purposes and for industrial espionage directed against foreign firms, this would constitute an infringement of EC law. Were a Member State to be involved in such action, it would be in breach of Community law."
www.statewatch.org...
www.europarl.europa.eu... EF@A5%7CPRG@QUERY%7CAPP@PV2%7CFILE@BIBLIO01%7CNUMERO@264%7CYEAR@01%7CPLAGE@1&TYPEF=A5&NUMB=1&DATEF=010905

In November 2007 Raytheon Systems Ltd of the UK headed a consortium (called 'Trusted Borders) which won a £650 million Home Office contract to track, profile and check against everyone entering and leaving the UK. Raytheon USA is the parent company. www.statewatch.org...
Raytheon is also involved with Echelon www.indopedia.org...

See - Ultimate Bluetooth Mobile Phone Spy
www.spymastertools.com...

This is how sneaky surveillance is becoming
www.diytrade.com...
There are also multi socket extention leads (the ones that you computer, monitor, printer and scanner are probably all plugged into) that have a built in Sim card that you can activate from anywhere in the world and listen on your mobile phone to conversations that are taking place within 25-30 feet of the extension lead. This kind of technology is now probably in all government buildings/financial institutions near you.

[edit on 24-3-2009 by GFCAX]

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by GFCAX

wow thanks my friend
thats alot of information there, should keep me busy for an hour or so

thanks again
peace xxx

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
What worries is me not the planned demonstrations or the following riots. I think I can be forgiven for believing that disaster is well and truly on the cards, and it wont be down to the demonstrators but the agents within the crowds who will spark this off. I'm worried about the aftermath. . .
Damage to property, fatalities, injured policemen, etc, will just add fuel to the fire which will allow the government to introduce new archaic laws removing our right to protest, strike and gather in numbers in public. This will just cause more protests and violent riots and the whole mess could just spiral out of control. I'm glad I don't live near a city centre.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by mrlondon

Sorry, but if you were a new 'conscript' you would be conditioned to FOLLOW orders. All troops are!! It is not the action of our (or US) troops, but the motives of their leaders that should be protested against.

As a soldier, you're not, EVER, going to disobey your sergeant/major on the basis of political piewpoint. Most aren't educated enough to disagree for the right reasons - besides that would toally undermine the system of having disposable troops in order to defend your countries interests.

I disagree totally with the war in Iraq - not necessarily Afghanistan, but it is NOT the fault of our troops.

As I said, those soldiers would galdly die in battle tomorrow to defend the rights of those idiots and anyone else who cares to join them, who are misguided in their protests - so that they can continue to do just that, in peace, without fear of reprisal.

I disagree with you - once again it is NOT teh function of the army to dispute its own leaders - whatever you think of their motives.

I do agree on you that their motives are wrong by the way!!

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Do I see a strange correlation in the UK?

More and more mass surveillance of the public, more and more "threats" everywhere.

Now you could say this is due to increased awareness of previously unmonitored activity.

OR because the government is having reality thrown into it's face and finding out just how many ordinary people are absolutely off-the-wall, p*ssed off at them and their Draconian intrusions into their privacy.

Hmmm... let me think.

These nutjobs won't stop until they have an RFID chip up all of our asses.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
The Article in the OP is almost a year old

April 13, 2008

did anybody notice?

I don't think this qualifies as BREAKING alternative news.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doomsday 2029
The Article in the OP is almost a year old

April 13, 2008

did anybody notice?

I don't think this qualifies as BREAKING alternative news.

I take it you didn't notice that someone else pointed this out a page back?

Much of the content of the thread has been relevant and on-topic, even if it a little more generalised and relating more to current protests - which arguably does make it 'breaking' and current.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
This is still relevant as Project Argos (PDF) is still running, not only in London, but in other cities across the country.

Nothing like getting people together and trying to create a blitz spirit in order to take peoples minds off the REAL issues, now is there....

Together we can defeat those wascally wabbits - erm I mean terrorists

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
What I find strange is the need for more surveillance and law's that make it difficult for terrorists to operate in areas where the worst thing that happens is an odd scuffle on a friday night outside the local idiot pub.

In london fair enough, maybe with all the high profile buildings and all yes go ahead, but like in my local town, and in smaller cities like cardiff etc the need for such high profile cctv and laws is a bit silly.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by BorgHoffen
The word "Powers" should speak for itself.
This woman is a psychopath who thinks she is God.

She really is one of the most dangerous people in a position of power right now.

I hate her with a passion.

Everything she says is an attempt to limit the freedom of the people, everything is an attempt to scare us into giving her ultimate power to do whatever she likes.

As far as I can tell, we're managing to beat this right now, without any new powers. So why do we need these new powers?

Personally, I'd rather we have small events take place in this country and deal with the outcomes, than limit, restrict and remove the freedom of millions just to prevent a "what if".

And, Interesting thought...

The financial collapse effects all of the citizens of this country, it damages infrastructure, weakens our defenses, leaves us prone to attack and continued threats.
And yet, protectionism is ruled out.

How come we are expected to all give up so much freedom to prevent a possible attack which will likely effect a few hundred people, and yet the government think it's fine to do nothing about the financial collapse which will effect millions?

That alone should show people that there are reasons for these "powers" they want, and it has nothing to do with combating terrorism, and everything to do with increasing government and limiting the freedom of the people.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Free4Ever2

They arrested the Republican National Convention and charged them with terrorism recently.

Can people see this terrorism plot is a fear tactic created to further infringe on our rights.

Cheney also recently warned of a terrorist attack in the near future on US soil. .

I am not ruling it out, it’s global. Homeland Security would love to add an additional law about citizen acts of terrorism.

I think protester will all be included. They want to control the masses, what better than to consider them terrorists.

Since this is global I expect the G20 will also address this issue in April. I expect Gordon Brown’s idea of a NWO is not so far fetched.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Free4Ever2

Uk Terror Threat " Is Growing "

news.bbc.co.uk

'Growing threat'

Ms Smith said: "We now face a threat level that is severe. It's not getting any less, it's actually growing.

"There are 2,000 individuals they are monitoring. There are 200 networks. There are 30 active plots.

"That has increased over the past two years. Since the beginning of 2007, 57 people have been convicted on terrorist plots.

"Nearly half of those pleaded guilty so this is not some figment of the imagination. It is a real risk and a real issue we need to respond to.

"We can't wait for an attack to succeed and then rush in new powers. We've got to stay ahead."
(visit the link for the full news article)

If they know of 30 plots, why don't they arrest and or deport those involved ???
Doesn't make any sense.

If those 30 plots involved killing the queen, those suspects would have already been arrested .

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Sunday 13th April 2008..article is old..invalid

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
This thread is related (Civilian force of 60'000 being trained!!):

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Governments want us to trust no one, probably not even ourselves.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by multichild
What I find strange is the need for more surveillance and law's that make it difficult for terrorists to operate in areas where the worst thing that happens is an odd scuffle on a friday night outside the local idiot pub.

In london fair enough, maybe with all the high profile buildings and all yes go ahead, but like in my local town, and in smaller cities like cardiff etc the need for such high profile cctv and laws is a bit silly.

All those surveillance cameras in London didn't work too well on 7/7/2005 did they! London has more security cameras than anywhere else in the world yet they didn't manage to spot the terrorists leading up to the explosions. The only images released are hazy(Luton Station) and have been tampered with.
We're being lied to on a massive scale. All this talk of terrorists lurking around every corner is designed to unsettle you and scare you. Scared people are easier to manipulate and control and will give away their liberty and rights just as long as they remain safe. . .

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
The biggest threat to the people of this country are the ruling elite who recklessly leave our personal details on trains, allow bio weapons like foot and mouth to escape from government labs, crash nuclear submarines into each other and collude with criminal banksters to steel trillions of pounds our tax money ensuring that we will be self contained debt slaves for generations to come.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I think the only terror threat the UK is facing is from it's own people who are at breaking point over the way the country has been driven into the ground.

This credit crunch stuff is BIG. If the economy does collapse which is a very real possibility - people will start standing up for themselves.

It's one thing not being able to get a loan, or having to sell your house because you can't make the payments....

...but when you goto the cash machine - and no money comes out because the bank collapsed. OR when you goto the food store and find the price of even basic staples is out of your price range ...

... that's when the SHTF.

I lost my job, and can't get another. And I'm in what they'd consider a VERY good position in that I'm a graduate of a top university with post grad degrees and very good industry experience.

I can manage for a few more months on my savings - I don't own a home or have people who can support me once the cash runs out.

When I can't buy food anymore, I will steal it from other people. Simple as.

I want to work - there are just no jobs that I can do (c.f. 6 months ago in my old job I was called at least twice a week from head hunters offering me things)

So what I'm saying is - these 'new powers' and this 'threat' is probably all in reference to the potential for internal descent which is now a very real possibility in the UK.

I live in London and do not fear a terror attack at all. Not in the least. An looking at the climate of the world right now, I don't really see what ongoing gripe the 'muslims' or 'the IRA' really have with the UK.

They can see we're #ed - anything short of a nuclear attack would probably be old news in a couple of days. There are bigger fish to fry right now - terrorism isn't on the agenda.

[edit on 24-3-2009 by Dutty_Rag]

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
growing threat.
(we think we have it all covered, & we think we havnt dropped a ball so far this year, but just in case we missed any real threats, we think its in our best interests to make this statement to cover our selves in a good light concerning pr with the public).

i dont think i will go out of my way to support any marches this year, unless i get an uncontrolable urge to be arrested for some kind of public disorder,
riots !!!!, nah give me a full blown civil war & i`ll be right there
:

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join