It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Uk Terror Threat " Is Growing "

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Uk Terror Threat " Is Growing "

news.bbc.co.uk

'Growing threat'

Ms Smith said: "We now face a threat level that is severe. It's not getting any less, it's actually growing.

"There are 2,000 individuals they are monitoring. There are 200 networks. There are 30 active plots.

"That has increased over the past two years. Since the beginning of 2007, 57 people have been convicted on terrorist plots.

"Nearly half of those pleaded guilty so this is not some figment of the imagination. It is a real risk and a real issue we need to respond to.

"We can't wait for an attack to succeed and then rush in new powers. We've got to stay ahead."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   
i notice the mention of " new powers". i wonder what these new powers could be??

now im not sure if this article on the bbc news site is fear mongering again.

i myself belive that things like anti terror laws do not solve the problem, there a just like taking paracetomol to ease the pain of toothache but once the paracetomol wears off then the pain is back. in other words we have to look to the root problem ( which i dont know what that is ) instead of delaying symptoms as it were.

again your input is truly appreciated guys
peace xxx

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 01:59 AM
link   
The word "Powers" should speak for itself.
This woman is a psychopath who thinks she is God.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Free4Ever2

Makes you wonder.

They introduce more surveillance in all areas of life and surprise the "threat" level increases. More British Broadcasting Crap warping the truth.

Im not buying any of this BS anymore. Not that I was stupid enough to in the first place mind you.

The UK government is absolutely full of wind and as far as threats to citizens are, i think you can guess who I find more threatening.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

yeah as you said my friend there adding more and more surveliance all the time, i think they use things like " terrorists " to make us feel we need the cameras for our own safety. when really its only to keep tabs on us, there was an advert once for a car which it think was quite interesting. i cant remember which kind of car it was advertising, ill try and hunt it out

thanks gain
peace xxx

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 02:24 AM
link   
I hate Jacqui Smith...hate is actually a weak word for what i feel about her...hopefully she gets thrown in jail sometime soon.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 02:29 AM
link   

"We can't wait for an attack to succeed and then rush in new powers. We've got to stay ahead."

is actually PTB speak for ....."We cant keep doing fake terrorist attacks as the people are a wake up to it. We need to just pass the laws instead of all the fakery before hand".........

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 02:32 AM
link   
This kind of fear mongering will only lead to oppressing the people. And you know what happens then-then you get homegrown terrorist.

[edit on 24-3-2009 by rapinbatsisaltherage]

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 02:37 AM
link   
We have to translate this report:

'Growing threat' : Increasing anger towards government tyranny

Ms Smith (piece of garbage) said : "We now face a threat level that is severe. It's not getting any less, it's actually growing. (The people can't take it anymore, they are tired of our tyranny, the anger is growing)

"There are 2,000 individuals they are monitoring. There are 200 networks. There are 30 active plots. (There are 2.000 freedom fighters. There are 200 freedom groups. There are 30 protests planned.)

"That has increased over the past two years. Since the beginning of 2007, 57 people have been convicted on terrorist plots. (Freedom-loving increased over the past two year. Since 2007, 57 people have been framed for terrorism.)

"Nearly half of those pleaded guilty so this is not some figment of the imagination. It is a real risk and a real issue we need to respond to. (Nearly half pleaded guilty after we tortured or threaten them or their families. It's a fake risk that we need to continue to propagandize.)

"We can't wait for an attack to succeed and then rush in new powers. We've got to stay ahead." (No translation needed, they can't wait for an attack to suceed and then rush in new powers. We've got to stage attacks ourselves before freedom fighters get us.)

Seriously scum in the british government, WE'RE GONNA EXPOSE YOU.

We know you're full of it Brown and Jacqui. You're terrorists. We know 7/7 was an inside job. We know you run most of the IRA. We know you lied about Iraq. You're the TERRORISTS.

[edit on 24-3-2009 by Vitchilo]

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

very well said my friend
peace xxx

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Free4Ever2
reply to post by XXXN3O

yeah as you said my friend there adding more and more surveliance all the time, i think they use things like " terrorists " to make us feel we need the cameras for our own safety. when really its only to keep tabs on us, there was an advert once for a car which it think was quite interesting. i cant remember which kind of car it was advertising, ill try and hunt it out

thanks gain
peace xxx

Its crazy when you look at it for what it is though.

The economy is in ruins because the government borrows too much money. Solution = borrow more money

Terrorists want to take our freedom.
Solution = restrict liberties

Terrorists attack the UK
Solution = attack iraq

Look at these small points reversed and see the coincidences.

Dont get me wrong here, if we were getting missiles thrown at this country every single day that might justify all this bollocks they are putting into place but as things are right now I think they fear civil unrest more than anything else and they will abuse laws meant for other reasons to restrain civilians.

When you start to lose your job, your home and your worldly possessions that is when most people begin to wonder who is doing this and why. When facts stare in the face it appears as coincidence these days.

This article just takes the complete biscuit out of the situation

business.timesonline.co.uk...

Did you know that this country has its own form of constitution as well?

[edit on 24-3-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by BorgHoffen

This woman is dangerous, a typical politician who never gives a straight answer to anything. She sticks to her script.

The reporter asks this woman multiple times to explain what the goverments definition is of an extremist. She never gives him an answer!!!

By the sound of it anybody who doesn't agree to the values of the government are now to be labled extremists. Imo It will be these people that are going to be affected by these mystery new powers.

The death throws of a paranoid government, who seem to forget that they work for the people not the other way round.

link to report. What is an extremist??

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
I hate Jacqui Smith...hate is actually a weak word for what i feel about her...

I couldn't articulate my own feelings towards Big Sister in any other way either. This woman genuinely makes me angry and feel revulsion. I make a fist involuntarily whenever I see her.

hopefully she gets thrown in jail sometime soon.

Sadly, that won't happen. After office she's probably got a nice directorship or consultation gig lined-up with some kind of security firm, possibly IT.

[edit on 24-3-2009 by Merriman Weir]

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Yeah i heard on the radio about an hour ago, about anarchists planning to riot in London on April 1st.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

it is pretty scary when ya look at it aint it
and no i didnt kow we had a constitution, do you know of a link where i could educate myself in it please ??

thanks again
peace xxx

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by thenumber42
Yeah i heard on the radio about an hour ago, about anarchists planning to riot in London on April 1st.

As far as I am aware, anarchists, anti-war demonstrators, smoking ban campaigners, economy campaigners and civil rights demonstrators.

I expect there will be much more groups.

All terrorists?

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by XXXN3O

Originally posted by thenumber42

As far as I am aware, anarchists, anti-war demonstrators, smoking ban campaigners, economy campaigners and civil rights demonstrators.

I expect there will be much more groups.

All terrorists?

In they eyes of the government yeah they will be classed as terrorists i believe.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Free4Ever2
reply to post by XXXN3O

it is pretty scary when ya look at it aint it
and no i didnt kow we had a constitution, do you know of a link where i could educate myself in it please ??

thanks again
peace xxx

Have a read of this thread, Cythraul posted it earlier this year, I am still reading into this stuff for myself.

It is an old set of laws but they are certainly not gone by any means. Ignored is more like the case.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 24-3-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

thanks my friend, its much appreciated, i shall start looking into them right now
peace xxx

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

They got you by the balls. If you start Rioting in the streets. You will be labled an extremist and jailed. If you don't do anything the whole country is heading for that 1984 nitemare scenario, exactly what they want.

Shared values WTF!!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join