It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fire Dept Ghost

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   
You should invest in a small cheap cassette recorder or digital recorder and see if you can come up with any "EVP" evidence.

Would be interesting to see if you came back with anything on "tape". You never know he could be communicating alot with you and your members at the fire hall, and you just cannot hear it normally.

Really great story.... and welcome to ATS.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by RandomxHero
Thank you all for your support of the men and women of the fire service. Its not easy.. its not very glorious.. just ask i or someone can tell you..

**Update**
A couple odd things have happened tonight and just before i left last night. I have tried communicating with Al some more, not for long but got a door nudged and a toilet to flush (we have an auto flush toilet in the men's room). Also i asked one of the members, who is also the secretary, and he told me that Al has been dead for about *roughly* 20 years. so maybe give or take some time?

I tried using the Thermal Imager, didnt get anything major, i got what looked like a silouhette(sp?) of half of a person, like if they were peeking just around the corner of a wall, i may have been my imagination, but thats what it looked like.

Around 9:30pm or so, there was about 5 of us sitting around watching tv when we could hear a door open and noone came around for 15-20 mins. One of my cousins, who isnt a regular member, thought we were crazy believing it. The other 4 of us told him its true with Al.

just about an hour ago (its 12:49am now) 2 other members and myself were watching tv for a little bit, and we heard music playing and we muted the tv. (Ken was on the computer in the line officers office about 45 mins previous.) After he left the office. he closed the internet and stuff he was on and closed the door. i walked by the door and heard music playing, i got ken's key from him to get in and when i opened the door, there was a pop-up for a home depot gift card and there was music playing. i looked around and there was no website or anything pulled up or any programs up. it was coming from the speakers, and we werent sure what to do with it, so we turned the speakers off, and shut the door.

This was weird.. ill update more and thanks to all who are supporters of firefighters everywhere.

Like I mention before, don't be surprise if more activity starts to occur more often now. Once the spirit knows you have acknowledge it, and your trying to communicate with it, it's going to try to do things to let you know its there. But the question is, once you acknowledge it and it has acknowledge you in return, then what? It's not like a switch you can shut on and off, once activity starts to pick up, its going to keep picking up. I wouldn't be surpise if you started to see, hear, or feel more of Uncle Al. Espcially during the late shift, what you might want to figure out is, if the activity is occuring more in a certain area, to certain people or around certain things.

Earth bound spirits can be bound to places, objects, and as well people. You mention that the spirit can't seem to enter a game room, because it was newly built right? Maybe that's a clue that Uncle Al is bound to a place, do some digging, maybe you can find out why he is bound to the fire-house. Like the previous poster mention, EVP might be a good way to get a response back from him. Make sure you get a good tape recorder and just let it play, go around the fire-house or whatever the most activity occurs and ask it questions, and directly call it out by its name. You might actually get a response back. Keep us posted and let us know if anything new happens.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Thanks for the info and the ideas.

Ill have to go buy a cheap recorder, i dont have anything to use currently. i can also leave it in the station during the night when noone is there and see if i can pick anything up also. i will definately try to use it and ask him questions.

Al died of old age/natural causes, i believe right now, i dont have any official record or note from the fire dept. but the new part of our station was built within the last 15* years i think, cant remember right now, ill find out tomorrow. And Als been gone for roughly over 20 years. thats why it seems like he cant come to that side of the dept. his main activity is in the part of the station that was here when he was alive, we changed some of the hall around to include offices instead of just open with windows before.

He tends to switch between being upstairs and downstairs. hell go from the hall to down in the bays. you can hear the distinct sound of the grate being stepped on from upstairs. but ill try to record one part one night and the other the next, or ill see if i can get 2 recording devices and do them both at the same time.

Im not going to be suprised if the activity does pick up more. though i feel that he doesnt have any malicious intent on being here. i would like to know more about why hes here and whatnot, but my theory is maybe he stays in the station because he was dedicated to the place? not sure but its a start.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Thanks for the info and the ideas.

Ill have to go buy a cheap recorder, i dont have anything to use currently. i can also leave it in the station during the night when noone is there and see if i can pick anything up also. i will definately try to use it and ask him questions.

Al died of old age/natural causes, i believe right now, i dont have any official record or note from the fire dept. but the new part of our station was built within the last 15* years i think, cant remember right now, ill find out tomorrow. And Als been gone for roughly over 20 years. thats why it seems like he cant come to that side of the dept. his main activity is in the part of the station that was here when he was alive, we changed some of the hall around to include offices instead of just open with windows before.

He tends to switch between being upstairs and downstairs. hell go from the hall to down in the bays. you can hear the distinct sound of the grate being stepped on from upstairs. but ill try to record one part one night and the other the next, or ill see if i can get 2 recording devices and do them both at the same time.

Im not going to be suprised if the activity does pick up more. though i feel that he doesnt have any malicious intent on being here. i would like to know more about why hes here and whatnot, but my theory is maybe he stays in the station because he was dedicated to the place? not sure but its a start.

Well as long as you guys don't feel there is any malicious intent and can co-exist I see no problem with it. EVP that side of the fire-house, maybe you will pick something up. If you want to get friendly with uncle Al, maybe you guys can leave some snacks out for him on special occasions, like his birthday or death date. I know it sounds weird, but the Chinese have been known to leave offerings for the decease as a sign of respect. Leaving out their favorite foods during a prayer, I mean don't expect the food to get eaten, but I have been told before that spirits can smell stuff just fine from the other side, and occasionally they enjoy the smell of their once favorite foods. If you like to do that, maybe you can leave an open can of beer and some snacks, in that side of the fire-house and let uncle AL known this is an offering for watching over all the fire-men after so many years, as a sign of respect, and in hopes that he continues to do so.

[edit on 27-3-2009 by Nemox42]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Randomxhero,

Sounds like you have a ghost. Interesting. The show GHost Hunters went to a fire house in harris Road island. Most of what they saw they wrote off, but your fire station seems to have some serious activity. Have you guys thought about contacting them. They might love to do another fire house, especially one with some strong poltergeist activity. PA isn't so far away from warwick RI. Might be worth throwing it out there for them to respond to. Especially if you guys have potentially picked up something on thermal. I say try and record the thermal hit if your lucky enough to catch another "al" peeking around a doorway, and then send it in to them. they might go bananas and put you at the top of their list of places to investigate.

ALthough I can understand if it's not the fire stations wish for something like that to happen. Just saying you have a good case for them to investigate.

Having grown up in a haunted house with similar activity I can agree with what you said about just knowing that "al" is in the room or nearby even though nothing unordinary has happened for the night. It feels like someone is watching you and if you could just turn quick enough you can see the guy skittering out of your periphrial vision.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
**Update**

We havent had much activity in the last couple days since my last post. The most Al has done was push the doors open and his normal workings.

I tried again to invoke him to come forward and respond. All the time i was sitting there, i had a strong pull to look towards the bathrooms again.

4 of the members including myself are going to have our own "deadtime" at the station, we decided on Monday coming up as the 4 of us will all be around and we wont have to worry about waiting while one is at work.

We are all fans of "paranormal state" and our idea of deadtime came from the show. were going to have one team take a video camera and the voice recorder upstairs, i am on the other team that is going to be downstairs with another video camera, the thermal imager, and well also be using our radios to talk during our deadtime and keep in touch with the team upstairs. im really excited to do it and it should be really interesting.

if i can ill try to post the videos and get the sounds up for you all to see and hear, and if we got anything, to determine what the sound was for yourself.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   

**Update**

We havent had much activity in the last couple days since my last post. The most Al has done was push the doors open and his normal workings.

I tried again to invoke him to come forward and respond. All the time i was sitting there, i had a strong pull to look towards the bathrooms again.

4 of the members including myself are going to have our own "deadtime" at the station, we decided on Monday coming up as the 4 of us will all be around and we wont have to worry about waiting while one is at work.

We are all fans of "paranormal state" and our idea of deadtime came from the show. were going to have one team take a video camera and the voice recorder upstairs, i am on the other team that is going to be downstairs with another video camera, the thermal imager, and well also be using our radios to talk during our deadtime and keep in touch with the team upstairs. im really excited to do it and it should be really interesting.

if i can ill try to post the videos and get the sounds up for you all to see and hear, and if we got anything, to determine what the sound was for yourself.

Sounds like a plan. Keep us posted.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
**update**

2 of the members cannot take part in our deadtime tonight as they work early in the morning, so we are probably going to hold off until the weekend.

i have been hearing sounds like someone is walking around a little bit ago. i have been the only one sitting up here for the last 20 mins and i can hear someone walking around, almost like feet shuffling slowly. and a couple mins ago the one light in the room got brighter, like the power on it got turned up. like it flashed a white light. and just now i heard our front door open, and our doors you need a key card to get in. and i just heard it open and close, and theres noone here..

and i will keep you all posted when we do our deadtime and see if i can get the video and sound put up for you all.

[edit on 4/6/2009 by RandomxHero]

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   

**update**

2 of the members cannot take part in our deadtime tonight as they work early in the morning, so we are probably going to hold off until the weekend.

i have been hearing sounds like someone is walking around a little bit ago. i have been the only one sitting up here for the last 20 mins and i can hear someone walking around, almost like feet shuffling slowly. and a couple mins ago the one light in the room got brighter, like the power on it got turned up. like it flashed a white light. and just now i heard our front door open, and our doors you need a key card to get in. and i just heard it open and close, and theres noone here..

and i will keep you all posted when we do our deadtime and see if i can get the video and sound put up for you all.

[edit on 4/6/2009 by RandomxHero]

I wonder, if these noises and doors opening, as they a routine uncle Al has? He he been doing the same sequence over and over again for many years now? Does the activity happen every day or only on certain days. What i'm thinking is that maybe it might be a residential haunting and uncle Al is just running through the routine in did when he was alive. Even in death people get stuck in a pattern, and they do in consciously even though they are dead.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Hello all, sorry for not being around for so long, been getting back to work and general things. and we still havent had deadtime, as the other members and myself are all working and cant get it yet.

@ Nemox42: Al doesnt really seem to have a pattern or be active only on certain days, its more of random times when he shows more activity and not a set timeline.
i cant go in and sit there and say "he'll nudge the door at 5:43 pm" and whatnot. sometimes hes more active when theres alot of people in the station, or vice versa; hes more active when theres only 1, 2 or 3 people there.

During some of the time ive been down there recently, he wasnt very active. i was watching the Penguins win the Stanley Cup the other night with a friend of mine and there wasnt much activity.

Im still trying to find a good time to go down and try to get good evidence so i can post it to the rest of you to take a look at. i took my camera down about a week ago and recorded for about a half hour and got nothing. so im working on it, bear with me lol. and thanks to everyone who is still looking forward and enjoys my post.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join