It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fire Dept Ghost

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Long time reader on ATS, first post..

Ive always believed in and been interested in the paranormal. I live in Southwestern Pennsylvania, ive been a firefighter for over five years:

We have a ghost in our fire department, who know who it is, its an old member who died many years ago and many of our members, myself included, have had experiences with "Uncle Al" as we call him. There have been many times where someone has experienced sounds, noises and just odd feelings while being in the fire department. We have had a game room added onto our department after our member had already died, so he cannot pass into the new room, but you can feel his presence in the doorway...

One of the best experiences i have had with uncle Al was when i have sat in the department i was sitting down in the engine bay office, there was only 2 members there, ken and myself (ive had this occur before when i was alone) no other members are here. you can hear chairs being knocked off of the tables in our social hall. The chairs were all set up on the tables. we went upstairs to investigate, and all the chairs looked like they were pushed off the tables.

Ken and I went back downstairs to leave everything as is and not long later (maybe 10 mins) we hear the chairs moving again, we went back upstairs, all the chairs were set back up onto the tables. I am not making this up.

Another experience i have had with Uncle Al was, i was standing in the bathroom, which is in the social hall, (the part where Al can roam around) it was about midnight and i looked out the window at least 5 mins previous, and seen no members cars there besides my own. i can hear someone calling my name coming from the doorway to the stairwell. I can also hear people walking around in the bays again and people stepping on the grates on the floor. I went downstairs to investigate, looking out the window again and seeing no cars still. I get to the door to the engine bays and there are no lights on, no cars out front, noone here.. I said screw it, im leaving. there is also the sense of being watched by Uncle Al, weather it be, one person, or 10 people in the fire house, you can feel a presense of eyes staring at you.

I would not make this up...

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   
He's not calling you from a distance. He's probably next to you or in front of you. In any case, why don't you speak to him? He's clearly trying to communicate with you guys. Don't leave him like that next time he's around.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   
yes, try to communicate if its for the good. let his soul be free. he must really be looking after you all.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
That story was awesome. Frankly, Your not the first government service personnel to come onto ATS about a story relating to their work. A few police officers have also told some weird stories while on duty. One of them if i remember correct, was an officer that was responding to a assault call, when the officer arrived at the scene, The homeowner, a lady, was hysterical, saying that there was a strange man in the house. Anyways, with gun draw the officer went in the house. To find a shadow figure standing in the middle of room, the officer told the figure to get down on the ground. But the figure didn't respond and started to move towards the officer. Fearing he was being attacked, The officer then pumped two rounds square into the dark figure chest, but the thing kept coming towards the officer, before he knew it, the thing walked right through the officer and disappeared.

Freaked out by the incident, the officer, didn't even bother writing what occurred on his report, in fear people might think he was crazy. What was he suppose to say, that he shot a ghost, and it walked through him? Anyways, it just shows to prove, that ghosts and spirits do exist. Stuff like this happens to people everyday. Even to so called "sane and normal" people.

Oh by the way, firemen rock. You guys are heroes. Keep on trucking.

[edit on 24-3-2009 by Nemox42]

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS and so glad to see you jumped on in with your first thread! Well done!

Few questions for you: I saw this was located in sw Pennsylvania, I'm curious to know if you know if there are limestone deposits in the area. It is thought that limestone can act as a 'recorder' of sorts.

In your opinion, does this seem to be a residual haunting or an intelligent haunting? Does it seem to interact with your inquiries or comments you may make outloud to yourself or rather occurances that tend to happen around the same time of night ect.

No doubt on previous posts - you guys rock! And many of you are ultra hot too
I frequently buy firefighter calanders lol Forget that male dancer BS - we women like REAL men. ::giggles:: I say that and also admit I'm happily married to a skinny, sci-fi, programmer geek. I can still appreciate the effort and devotion to your communities, that's what makes the 'hot' even hotter! Men who give a damn and are family men take my breathe away! Kudos to you and your team.

And as a true ATSer, I must admit I'm so glad you guys aren't privatized anymore. I hear stories of the olden days when if you didn't have the right tag on your house, and it was buring, the trucks would drive on by. lol can you even concieve of such a time? Thanks for your service.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Reading that gave me goosebumps, thanks for sharing, awesome story. I too seen a ghost once. A little girl in all white standing in the corner staring at me. This was at my aunts house when I was like 14 and stayed there for a summer.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereovoyaged
Reading that gave me goosebumps, thanks for sharing, awesome story. I too seen a ghost once. A little girl in all white standing in the corner staring at me. This was at my aunts house when I was like 14 and stayed there for a summer.

Can you be a bit more descriptive about this little girl, Did you know her? What was she wearing ? What sort of expression did she have? Did she notice you? Is this the only weird occur you had at the place? Was she transparent, did she look solid? What was your reaction to the event? Did you mention the event to anyone else to verify it?

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Thanks to everyone on welcoming me to the ATS boards and for your support for the firefighters. Im a volunteer and have been a member for over 5 years.

@ Whisper67: i dont believe there are any limestone deposits around, there is a stone quarry a couple miles up the road. nothing within walking distance. I cant really tell if it is a residual or intelligent haunting, he tends to come around and pop up. I have tried to interact with him and have gotten nothing. He does tend to be more active when it gets and is dark, so about anywhere from 9pm-6am usually.

I have sat in a chair in the hall where he can move about and tried to communicate with him. the only one response ive gotten was a door to the bathroom closing, it wasnt a slam but more like if you nudge it open lightly and let it close.

I would like to try to get someone or something that can help me communicate with him and find out more. Some of the guys in the station think im crazy/weird/(insert insult here) for wanting to try it. some of the guys arent very into the who belief of it, but i am, i have had many experiences. But i will definately try to communicate with him more and i will try sitting in his side of the station.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by RandomxHero
Thanks to everyone on welcoming me to the ATS boards and for your support for the firefighters. Im a volunteer and have been a member for over 5 years.

@ Whisper67: i dont believe there are any limestone deposits around, there is a stone quarry a couple miles up the road. nothing within walking distance. I cant really tell if it is a residual or intelligent haunting, he tends to come around and pop up. I have tried to interact with him and have gotten nothing. He does tend to be more active when it gets and is dark, so about anywhere from 9pm-6am usually.

I have sat in a chair in the hall where he can move about and tried to communicate with him. the only one response ive gotten was a door to the bathroom closing, it wasnt a slam but more like if you nudge it open lightly and let it close.

I would like to try to get someone or something that can help me communicate with him and find out more. Some of the guys in the station think im crazy/weird/(insert insult here) for wanting to try it. some of the guys arent very into the who belief of it, but i am, i have had many experiences. But i will definately try to communicate with him more and i will try sitting in his side of the station.

What I wonder is did you meet this uncle Al person when he was alive? and if you did what kind of feeling or vibe did you get off this guy? And even though he is passed away now, Can you figure out why he is sticking around after so long? Is it a protective feeling? As if this spirit is watching out for you guys?

As for communication I wouldn't go as far as buying a ouji board or anything like that. Frankly, you guys aren't even quite sure if this spirit "is the spirit of an ex-firefighter". This spirit could have come from anywhere or to be attached to anything. My best advice is ultimate find a way to give this spirit some peace, meaning finding someone to actually come in and do a passing ritual to help whoever it is to the other side. Then again, its not like the spirit is violent or anything like that. It might be better to just leave it alone, and just acknowledge that its there.

[edit on 25-3-2009 by Nemox42]

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I have never met him before, he was dead many years before i joined. Im not sure how to really describe it, its kind of a feeling of hes just there. but i would like to find out why he does stick around and whatnot. There is always an eerie feeling of what feels like someone watching you.

ill update when i get more responses.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   

I have never met him before, he was dead many years before i joined. Im not sure how to really describe it, its kind of a feeling of hes just there. but i would like to find out why he does stick around and whatnot. There is always an eerie feeling of what feels like someone watching you.

ill update when i get more responses.

I know that feeling well. I have experienced it a few times in my life, actually my story was very similar to yours. Hearing someone say something to me, as if in the same room, but looking around to see no one actually there. Then having an intense feeling of someone watching you, sort of like someone starting at you. **This stuff happen to me when I was renting a place a few years back. ** Anyways, now you got to figure out what you want to do. Do you think you can work and live with this spirit around? or do you want to get rid of it? I can tell you this much though, if you attempt to communicate with it, don't be surprised if the activity starts to pick up.

If you want to get rid of this thing, go see if you can find a local priest or pastor to come in do a passing ritual to help whoever it is to find his/her peace.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by RandomxHero

Welcome to ATS, and I agree with the others , well done and thanks to ALL firefighters ( I'm in the UK and we have our own force of course) . Those who risk life and limb for others deserve all the respect and admiration one can muster especially seeing as people sometimes earn more than a firefighter but wouldn't take the chance of running into a burning building to save a life. MAJOR BIG UP TO ALL FIREFIGHTERS.

Anyway back to your experience.
I have heard that you can ask the 'spirit' to talk to you , daft I know but I heard that if you ask " Spirit, what troubles you?" it may answer, sometimes it may help to have a camera filming the areas you know he has been in and moved items around, He may be able to contact someone, Its awkward when you feel something or someone stood over you, but others haven't, its feels embarassing to ask someone else incase they think your a nutter.
Where I used to work I had a feeling I was being watched, When I glanced up I saw a shadow as if someone had walked past the machine I was working on, I stood up and went to see who it was, but there wasn't anyone there, the factory floor I was in was deserted of staff. I couldn't ask anyone because no one else had mentioned any events. All the 'feelings' and shadows stopped when the factory had a refurb.
Thats probably the reason your 'Uncle Al' cannot cross into the new game room.
If you show 'interest' in his being there maybe you'll get a response?
No point using a Weejee board, they're too unreliable, best just keep asking if he ( UA ) wants to speak to you, get the others that have 'experienced' him as well to keep asking everytime you hear items moving, go and investigate as soon as you hear movement and ask aloud why he's there?
Good luck and keep us informed on how it goes, I would put a couple of cameras up though, even if they're mobile phone cameras.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
@Nemox42

Were all very sure that the spirit is the former member. i know it could be anyone, but i highly doubt that a random persons spirit would want to reside in the fire house. Were not very spooked out and scared of it, its just very odd of the activity that goes on. I wasnt planning on buying a ouji board or anything unless i had time to do it where noone else would be there. We all go about and ignore him but we acknowledge him at the same time as being there and hearing him.

I know that ive been a member for about 6 years now and the activity has been going on even before i joined. i didnt think anything of it until i experienced it myself. a few of the members who have been here for 10+ years have talked about Al haunting the house even when they joined. Im not sure when he died, but if i can find out ill give a better description.

***i forgot to mention, im going to try to take our TIC (thermal Imaging Camera) and see if i can catch any differences and see if hes around.***

[edit on 3/25/2009 by RandomxHero]

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Might be a good idea to see if you can find the records of staff that have worked in the building, He may not have even been a firefighter but an auxillery member of staff / cleaner?
If you show willing in finding out who he was , he may feel that you have to time and inclination to 'talk' to him.
IMO

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   

@Nemox42

Were all very sure that the spirit is the former member. i know it could be anyone, but i highly doubt that a random persons spirit would want to reside in the fire house. Were not very spooked out and scared of it, its just very odd of the activity that goes on. I wasnt planning on buying a ouji board or anything unless i had time to do it where noone else would be there. We all go about and ignore him but we acknowledge him at the same time as being there and hearing him.

I know that ive been a member for about 6 years now and the activity has been going on even before i joined. i didnt think anything of it until i experienced it myself. a few of the members who have been here for 10+ years have talked about Al haunting the house even when they joined. Im not sure when he died, but if i can find out ill give a better description.

***i forgot to mention, im going to try to take our TIC (thermal Imaging Camera) and see if i can catch any differences and see if hes around.***

[edit on 3/25/2009 by RandomxHero]

I don't recommend using the Ouija board, you might end up drawing in other unwanted spirits or maybe something more sinister. That's why I believe communication with this thing is a very touchy subject. If your going to communicate with this thing, do it verbally. They can hear you, but they might not be able to respond back to you. Like I mention above, if you think you can live with this thing, then do so. If not then get a priest or a pastor to come in to bless the place or do a passing over ritual. All major religions have something similar to it, the Indians would burn sage, the Chinese would use incense, Catholics would bless the place and sprinkle holy water. Whatever the case, you have to show intent that you want whoever it is to leave the place and that they need to go find peace in the afterlife. If this thing has been around for over a decade, I wonder what is keeping it here, why hasn't it been able to pass on. You gotta think, if you were in that spirit's shoes, would you want to be restless for over a decade, and not be able to find peace after so long?

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
RandomXHero, welcome to ATS!

A small digital voice recorder is what you're looking for to hear any responses from Uncle Al. Most can download the recordings to a computer and download.com, I'm sure, has a free player for use with such devices.

Turn it on, ask some yes or no questions for a half-hour or so, then upload and listen for responses to your questions.

My advice.
Again, Welcome to ATS!

Cuhail

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
true, we only have records of members as were a volunteer department. no cleaning staff, extra people.. we do it all ourselves, more some then others but thats besides the point lol

i might just have to ask one of the members who were around if cant find the records, ect

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Long time reader on ATS, first post..

Ive always believed in and been interested in the paranormal. I live in Southwestern Pennsylvania, ive been a firefighter for over five years:

We have a ghost in our fire department, who know who it is, its an old member who died many years ago and many of our members, myself included, have had experiences with "Uncle Al" as we call him. There have been many times where someone has experienced sounds, noises and just odd feelings while being in the fire department. We have had a game room added onto our department after our member had already died, so he cannot pass into the new room, but you can feel his presence in the doorway...

One of the best experiences i have had with uncle Al was when i have sat in the department i was sitting down in the engine bay office, there was only 2 members there, ken and myself (ive had this occur before when i was alone) no other members are here. you can hear chairs being knocked off of the tables in our social hall. The chairs were all set up on the tables. we went upstairs to investigate, and all the chairs looked like they were pushed off the tables.

Ken and I went back downstairs to leave everything as is and not long later (maybe 10 mins) we hear the chairs moving again, we went back upstairs, all the chairs were set back up onto the tables. I am not making this up.

Another experience i have had with Uncle Al was, i was standing in the bathroom, which is in the social hall, (the part where Al can roam around) it was about midnight and i looked out the window at least 5 mins previous, and seen no members cars there besides my own. i can hear someone calling my name coming from the doorway to the stairwell. I can also hear people walking around in the bays again and people stepping on the grates on the floor. I went downstairs to investigate, looking out the window again and seeing no cars still. I get to the door to the engine bays and there are no lights on, no cars out front, noone here.. I said screw it, im leaving. there is also the sense of being watched by Uncle Al, weather it be, one person, or 10 people in the fire house, you can feel a presense of eyes staring at you.

I would not make this up...

Has Anyone tried to communicate with "Al" so far ? if so what happened
and secondly was his death in the firehouse or on duty

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Thanks for the post Random!!! Great story, i'm looking forward to hearing some more updates and seeing if you can come up with anything with your thermal camera....i've heard about those working in some instances.
And as everybody before has stated, thank you for your service!!

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Thank you all for your support of the men and women of the fire service. Its not easy.. its not very glorious.. just ask i or someone can tell you..

**Update**
A couple odd things have happened tonight and just before i left last night. I have tried communicating with Al some more, not for long but got a door nudged and a toilet to flush (we have an auto flush toilet in the men's room). Also i asked one of the members, who is also the secretary, and he told me that Al has been dead for about *roughly* 20 years. so maybe give or take some time?

I tried using the Thermal Imager, didnt get anything major, i got what looked like a silouhette(sp?) of half of a person, like if they were peeking just around the corner of a wall, i may have been my imagination, but thats what it looked like.

Around 9:30pm or so, there was about 5 of us sitting around watching tv when we could hear a door open and noone came around for 15-20 mins. One of my cousins, who isnt a regular member, thought we were crazy believing it. The other 4 of us told him its true with Al.

just about an hour ago (its 12:49am now) 2 other members and myself were watching tv for a little bit, and we heard music playing and we muted the tv. (Ken was on the computer in the line officers office about 45 mins previous.) After he left the office. he closed the internet and stuff he was on and closed the door. i walked by the door and heard music playing, i got ken's key from him to get in and when i opened the door, there was a pop-up for a home depot gift card and there was music playing. i looked around and there was no website or anything pulled up or any programs up. it was coming from the speakers, and we werent sure what to do with it, so we turned the speakers off, and shut the door.

This was weird.. ill update more and thanks to all who are supporters of firefighters everywhere.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join