It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists perform ocean experiments

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Scientists perform ocean experiments

news.bbc.co.uk

An international team of scientists has returned from the southern ocean after conducting the biggest experiment into geo-engineering.

But environmental groups say meddling with the oceans to try to counteract the effects of global warming could easily backfire. David Shukman reports.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Added correct title.

[edit on 24-3-2009 by Gemwolf]

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I personally think there meddling a little.
As the video says they ar actuallu thinking about copying what volcanoes do! Also Near the end of the video clip he mentions planes dropping salt to trigger rain! Now could this be a little insight to chemtrails? i myself dont know much about chemtrails but have seen the mmentioned here and there, i will be looking further into it!

now i must say that this seems a little dangerous. what do you guys think??

peace xxx

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   
I'm all in favor of weather control. I think someday we will figure out how to prevent tornadoes and hurricanes, this would save a lot of lives and money and time.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Tornado and Hurricane are meant to bring balance to the earths climate. If we leiminate them, the imblance will pop up somewhere else, and possibly be much worse..

The problem is we build in below sea level and without strict regulation ( new Orleans) and other related issues. I remember readin about New Orleans issues 20 years ago, but we sat and did nothing and then wring our hands and whine about it.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Hallberg Rassy

i agree with you my friend, natural weather like tornados and hurricanes do bring balance, if we throw that balance off then who knows what kind of disasters await!

Peace xx

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Nothing new, weather control ALREADY exists, it began in the 40s. Yes, we can shut down tornados and hurricanes. But the government don't do it because they either, don't care, don't want to show the technology, or use the effects for control, example: Katrina.

But messing with entire oceans... that is dangerous.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Whats all this about balance?

Tornadoes and hurricanes are simply bi-product fluke reactions of moving pressure and temperature fronts.

The fronts can move just fine without resulting in a hurricane or tornado.

If we can find a way to allow pressure fronts to move without resulting in a fluke whirlwind, then great... there's no balance to a hurricane. They're fluke results.

I say do it.
So long as you're not trying to trap pressure zones... which I can't think of a humanly possible way to do such a thing.

So no, you're not offsetting a balance... unless you think the destruction of forests, cities, and animals is in some way a calculated series of events.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Well considering global warming is a giant crock of feces, They are definately dooin something they shouldnt be.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Skinon

I think your right, I kinda doubt they are doing whatever they SAY they are doing and any interesting results probably would not get released to the massed public and rather the only groups who would really gain anything from this all would be the military industry or which ever countries contributed to the funding would get some deal for their military tech departments....I think we would all do well to remember anything we have the military has probably had for at least 5-10 years prior....

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 03:15 AM
link   
I could see poorer countries somehow getting screwed by this, by trying to dampen hurricanes that hit say America it would have an effect on the whole planet. Through some crazy chaos theory coincidence would strengthen others on the other side of the globe.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Averysmallfoxx

Dam right! Of course, they wouldnt be doin stuff that corrolates to anything to do with ahem 'global warming', they could be researching USO's at least they are more probable then global warming haha

new topics

top topics

join