It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Economic Collapse your thoughts

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Theres alot of conspiracy stuff here and I dont know whether this post has any conspiracy merit , but what do you all think about the world economy for the future?

I have read some sites, many were pretty crap , but there have been warnings for awhile about an economic crash. The economic cycle involves recessions etc, but I am looking for any thoughts or links about a major economic depression. This could be more plausible than comets and the other things on this site, looking at the current situation with individual debt in the West alone. Theres still things awaiting the world economy anyway from the tech boom of the late ninties.

Do you think there will be a major economic crisis in the next five years? One site mentioned 2006 and Edger Allen prophicies regarding a meltdown.

Your thoughts and input please.

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I think there is a greater probability that one will occur. One of the functions of a recession is to purge debt, both corporate and personal. This hasn't happened at all in this recession. My major concern is the currently low interest rate and government borrowing. If we were to have another 9/11 style catastrophe, what will the Fed do? Interest rates cannot go below zero. One of the actions the Fed took after 9/11 was to lower rates and make sure there was enough liquidity in the money supply. It doesn't look like the have that kind of leeway with today's lower rate.

The government's borrowing will ultimately drive up interest rates. Considering the high debt load, higher rates will reduce growth, leading to a recession or worse.

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 08:09 PM
link   
The net worth of the average American has been falling for years and has now actually gone negative. That means if you add up all your assets, and add up all the money you owe, the average person is worse off than completely broke.

They get you three ways, taxation, interest payments, and inflation. It is now not possible for the average person to have any sort of reasonable life and save for the future.

So it is not just corporate debt, or national debt, it is personal debt as well. The system MUST collapse there is no possible alternative outcome.

When this will happen is impossible to accurately predict, but personally, I think it will be in the next two to three months. Once the stockmarket and property markets fall over and financial panic sets in, that is the end of the game.

This whole home defense and anti terror bull is just the government preparing for the riots and looting for when the economy collapses. No jobs, no food, no gasoline, no social security. And everyone carries guns these days. It is going to be ugly.

[Edited on 20-4-2004 by Warpspeed]

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 09:33 AM
link   
thanks for your thoughts.

I think it could take longer but is as you both agree inevitable The # thing is the way American people have been ripped off for the last 50 yrs to sustain the global economy.

Does anyone have any good links to economic sites covering a future crash???

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 09:55 AM
link   
won't be here when the economy completely crashes. An Army won't work for money that is worthless and neither will cops. They may work for food and water but since the population outnumbers the Army and the Cops by about 200 to 1, they will have no chance. Anyone who doesn't own a gun now, will then or they will die.

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I agree... What with all the oil shortages now. MCD in cows. Chickens also. Alot of small things add up. Driving prices ever higher. I personally think the US gov. went into iraq because the oil is about to run veeerrryyy low! And also you have to watch the economies of other countries as well. Watch for japan to have a recession in the very near future as well as china. I'm unsure about Russia because I've not looked into there economy as much.

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 10:33 AM
link   
The key issue is that the American economy IS the world economy. If the States gets hit hard the rest of the world will follow.

The American economy has sustained the world economy, and has been the single driving engine of the global system. The worlds second largest economy is Germany I think, which has been in recession with over 5% unemployment for more than ten years.

America cannot continue to keep growth levels going and provide employment for its citizens when they are pumping billions into foreign nations like Iraqi. Iraqi is now a job for the world community not just America.

There is a critical split in opinons of the States but what is never mentioned is what Ive covered about the worlds reliance on America as the back bone of the global economic system. Ever since the gold standard review, America has been specifically placed with the dollar as a benchmark currency.

Something needs to be done and soon. The national and individual debt in America has to be addressed, unles another country or group like the EU shows REAL growth, when America crashes the world will follow.

Its about real growth. Which only really happens alot in America, nowhere else, certainly not sustained over a long peroid of time.

Interesting though how history is circular and repeats. Similar thing happened before the Great Depression. The president had a leaz afaair (spelt wrong, french meaning do what you want sort of thing) with the economy and big business at that time, there was no real hard legislation to stop corruption, and a bubble started. Sounds alot like Clinton during the 90's. The growth in the 90's was mostly on paper, it was the largest bubble ever and what follows after it is always a depression. The markets have to correct themselves. Greenspan can do only so much.

Mr # meet Mr Fan!

THE worse thing is that there are even people out there who can make MASSIVE amounts of money from a crash as strange as it seems.

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 10:41 AM
link   
www.globalresearch.ca...

Best link Ive found so far about NWO and depression.
It states that current economic situations are not due to 911 but because of legislation and earlier attempted reforms and the actions of global institutions.

Ive been thinking lately that IF 911 did NOT happen, what would have happened to the world economy??
Would there have been a run on wall street?? maybe there would have been a MAJOR crash? Maybe even 911 was the perfect distraction from an economy that even a high school student could notice is on the verge of the abyss??

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 11:29 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

evidence of Stock Market "anomalies" - have a read of all the stories and decide for yourself if Rothschild is relevant....

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 11:42 AM
link   
if by some miracle the price of oil goes down and things over seas calm down then we have one major domestic issue to worry about. Outsourcing.

outsourcing used to just hit the manufacturing sector. but now even high end, high tech jobs are going to india and china.

this big business lobbying BS has got to stop. sure it means we can get toilet paper for 10 cents cheaper now. And we get the privledge of talking to tech support guys with indian accents. but if our countries economy isnt based on manufacturing or serving or technology what is it based on? nothing.

shorterm boost at long term cost, this seems to be a global theme.

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Outsourcing is the only way a company can slash labour costs to such low levels and still make large profits.

What does an average American Tech Call Centre worker earn ? Say $1200 per month? That will employ 8 highly trained Indians in Bombay to do the same work.

Irony is? Its the technology itself that enables the outsourcing to third world countries. Without broadband it would never be a reality!

Stop looking at countries as democratic nations, they arent, they are actually compaines with loans from the WB.

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Signs of the coming Revolution.

Once the economy goes down the drain, most will wonder, "if our leaders are all so powerful that we have to depend on THEM to survive because WE have given them OUR power, why did the economy go down? More so why the # did they hide it from the public? Do they not care about humanity as a whole, and only about themselves? AND WHY THE # ARE THEY EATING MY CHICKEN!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?"

LOL.

But seriously, this IS a serious issue. Most people WILL question their leaders when the economy goes down the drain, and so will other countries and this might even break into and all out global war against the United States government. People's emotions will seriously get hurt when the world goes to #, and who will they blame? America's government, so basically all that angry energy will be channeled towards America's government, and..... well you know what will happen then.

We are in for some preeeetty serious issues in the future unless some miracle happens, which I think will occur, but only AFTER all the fighting against the government(s) (plural because most common folk in the WORLD will also go against their leaders because of various reasons which I don't even have to explain, you can ask yourself "now WHY would the masses turn against their greedy "leaders?'(most like 'controllers')" without biased opinions, fear, denial, judgements, and bla bla blas. Its common sense.

Like I said, humanity's evolution will go on, but that will only occur once all of our current systems crash down into the ground. That way we can start from scratch on OUR OWN, without any greedy "control hungry" secret societies trying to control Earth and its people. We will build society the way WE want to, and this WILL happen becuse the masses will realize that as all these events are occuring, that, their freinds, family, and other humans are allt hey have left, and it would be best to work as a team if they want to assure survival. After this period, humanity's state of mind will change MASSIVELY and we will be working in teams without the corruptedness our government has ingrained to us before.

Ahh, I could go on but I wont. Realize what's going on, realize the bigger picture here!

[Edited on 21-4-2004 by The Quiet Storm]

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I believe the people in this country is to blind by what the media and the goverment is feeding them because is easier to believe that everything is good rather than bad. But for the last 25 years has being talks of this country economy collapsing and so far it has not happend things are (good) because as long as the regular joe gets his pay check, unemployment or whealth fare check everything is fine. we has been conditioned to believe that what the goverment does is what is good for us and we believe it no questions ask I wonder if anybody in this country will ever raise arms agains our own government.

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 12:50 PM
link   
don't other countries own a large portion of our debt? i thought i heard somewhere that china or japan or someone had bought a large portion of the us debt. has anyone heard of this, and what does it mean if it is true?

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Exactly man. The problem is, people are still thinking within that box. The box I am describing is the "concept" of what a regular normal life is WITHIN the current control system.

I am trying to make people realize themselves that to get what I am speaking about, you have to think OUTSIDE the box, outside the perceptions of what you think a "normal" life would be in today's control system. You have to look at the BIGGER picture here, the common sense of things, and to look at he bigger picture you have to sort of look outside the box, as if your looking at the world as a whole, and people's emotions as a whole, and the Earth, and the life that exists on it as a whole.

The thing is, most of what I am saying can only be grasped when one has transcended the concepts and beleifs that have been learned while living in this reality under the control system. Concepts and beleifs are EXACTLY what form this box. Let go of the concepts and beleifs of the way life is supposed to be according to society and the control systems and look at the world from your own perspective.

I wonder if anybody in this country will ever raise arms agains our own government.

I think so. I think most in the military would go with the rebels, because they will probably feel "mislead" or betrayed by their leaders. Plus. the military won't be working for a government that is collapsing and that everyone is against.

The only way our country would raise arms agains the government is if we work together, it cannot be by some, individual, but like I said, I think most in the military would be on the rebel's side also.

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Any comments to this article released today by the IMF?
IMF Boosts Economic Outlook for U.S. and Global Economies

WASHINGTON (AP) - The global economy, after being battered by recession, terrorist attacks and war, should grow strongly this year and next with growth in the United States hitting the fastest pace in 20 years, the International Monetary Fund predicted Wednesday.

seekerof

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Don't you think that all these reports being done by the media are controlled to hide the truth? The U.S. budget and trade deficits still "remain a serious concern", but the positivity of this prediction outshines all the concerns we SHOULD be having about the economy to give us more hope, and more of a positive outlook on the future. In fact most of the concerns with the economy we should be having, have been "toned down" in this article, being outshined by a PREDICTION as to give the masses some sort of false hope for the future. Are we again going to let the media blind us again from the truth? Are we gonna let the media condition us again? The article is toning down the concerns we should be having, so that the masses disreguard the concerns about the economy because some prediction says its all going to be fine and dandy in the coming years. Come on, the manipulation going on here is fukin ridiculous. But thats just me anyways.
Listen to those on these forums who study the economy. Don't let the media manipulate you into thinking something otherwise!

If others disagree with me then I stand corrected in your perspective, but in my own, I still stand by my opinions. This prediction still doesn't disprove of a revolution occuring sometime soon.

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I am getting scare know, we have groups in this country that do not agree with our government I dont understand why we have only two main parties and how come is not other? I am afraind that all this war against terrorist and the focus point on foreign policies is going to give this radical american groups and edge to reform and prepare for something, people has forgotten that we do have radical groups that are very much americans and they are against the goverment, is somebody monitoring them? all this agencies that monitor terror are only looking for people from other countries. Does anybody understands what I am saying? It is very scary.

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 11:42 PM
link   
The problem is we no longer have a democracy...........

The way it works is that the banks are at the top of the pyramid, with big business just below. The politicians are OWNED by the rich elite. If you do not follow the policies and agenda of the elite you have zero future in politics at any level.

It really makes no difference who gets elected, the same people are still in control. You though that when Clinton went, everything would change eh ? Fat chance.

The next election is going to be another total joke. NOTHING is going to change. The only presidents that were honest and tried to beat the bankers ended up dead.

America is now a dictatorship with elections. The public have no representation and no voting power to change anything. This is not just an American phenomenon but is happening worldwide. The NWO is just about here.

All it needs now is for a World leader to come forward representing the bankers to legitamise what is already in place.

The only thing that stands in the way is Islam.

Christianity has been bought off and corrupted a long time ago. The Chinese and Russian communists are all now a very friendly part of the NWO as well, no real free elections there either.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Oh chicken littles,

Is the government to blame for you maxing out your credit cards and living above your means?

The gov and the media are hiding the truth...crapola
Mabey we the people have been uninterested in these issues until they bite us?

Mabey we the people have not been dilligent in our duty as voters to control government for a while and a mess is the result...

Poverty will lead to armed revolution....
only if people are starving and trying to aquire food and water....otherwise much like in the great depression, people found innovative ways to get along with life.
Or are you all saying were only smart enough to resort to violence?

Im not an economist, but it seems a lot of deflation occured (billions) as world com, enron, adelphia, and other big companies reststed their #'s....
I always thought these growth #'s had to be fantasy $$$...
I think were closer to the reality of the economies value now.

But man all the predictions of gloom and doom on this thread....COULD things take a downturn, yes, will everything crash hard? unlikley.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join