It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We must be doing somthing right here in WV

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
You know allot of people make crude jokes about this state, not that i have seen that on here, but just in general This small town of 80k plus that I am proud to call home must be doing something right because we not feeling the Economic Crisis near as much as anywhere else.

I am however Displease that out of the entire state of Wv Obama won 2 counties one of which Morgantown is in. Mostly due to the university Brain washing the 1000s of kids that come to school here. Some of us tried!

Anyhow maybe the president can talk to some of Us HICKS, Rednecks and hillbillies and learn a few things. Maybe instead of putting people down from this area others should follow the example.

we boast the lowest unemployment rate in the country and in fact there are jobs to spare here!

Msnbc's report on Morgantown WV
www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Verd_Vhett

I live in the state of NO, and here we havent realy noticed that much of this finacial crisis. Infact four out of five norwegians say they are not personally affected by the global financial crisis. This is the result of a fresh survey made by Sentio for the newspaper Nationen.

Of those asked, 83 per cent say they are not affected, while 17 per cent say they have been personally hit by the crisis.

www.norwaypost.no...

I myself havent noticed anything at all.. in fact im earning and working more than ever.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Glad to hear it to the both of you, I moved to Phoenix from the economic nightmare that is Detroit, there are still jobs out here but I wouldn't say that they're necessarily plentiful.

Might be moving to West Virginia after college, thanks for the idea

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Don't get me wrong, their are concerns here but I find it odd that in such a crissis that the 2nd poorest state in the union is not feeling it in places I have no doubt that the People of this state will endure, man are used to nothing and I fear if obama has his way with the coal industry we will feel it worst then anyone .

I agree we need to move away from foscil fuels but first we need to see that something replaces the coal industrie in those states that rely on it.

top topics

join