It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey!!What is Your Problem??

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Not looking for sympathy but thank you. It is what it is, right? I sometimes (many times) dream of getting all the money I can together and taking off to Maui. I could paint there and rarely, if ever, wear shoes.

The people that live there are the most layed back people I have ever met in my life. You don't need much money when you live in paradise. Just enough to get by.

And...I could make money there. Painting!

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
If you go.... save some space for a broken down old guitar player.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Whaaa...we would have a blast and probably add 10 years to each of our lives! Grab us some Hula Girls....

You could learn to play the Hawaiin music and I could learn to play some kind of instrument. I can play keyboards but I play notes not music and I don't understand music so I can just play what I read...

You have experience owning/operating a gallery. We could both do that over there. It would truly be a blast! And life SHOULD be a blast...

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Excitable_Boy
I'm afraid of failure and afraid of success.
We all have problems. Life sucks. Being human sucks. This is a big part of why I truly believe that this isn't all there is. That life here on earth is hell. I also feel like a loser complaining about this stuff when there are people who are truly living horrible lives every day. Parents killing their children, people all over the planet starving to death, killing each other, etc. etc.........

EB, I am saddened to hear about what you're going through. Please hear me out, then you can decide if my words are worthy of even manure for your garden.
Before we experience our physical death, we must understand that we face "deaths" everyday. Loss of hair is a death, knowing your may need to stop running (due to legs or asthma) or having to engage in some other activity instead is a death. The loss of value on your home is a death. The change in work is a death to the old way of doing business. When a relationship with our spouse has changed, that can be a death. (Although, here I say find someone who can help one see clearly on the matter of marriage relationships.) Whenever we have to alter our way of thinking is a death of an old idea. Our dreams do die sometimes. But we can dream new ones.

We cannot change the past, but we can determine our future. We have to ask ourselves, "What's the worst that could happen?" and then many times, the worst that can happen is not really that bad, or, we have to summon the courage to face the music. You have survived this long. You have slayed dragons in your life already. Unfortunately, new ones come along. Slaying the fear dragon will help.

You will dream of houses. Then one day, you dream of crossing over a bridge and know you will never go back. Your new life has started.

Meanwhile, stay grounded, so you are not swept away in the tornadoes of Life's horrible things around you, the killings, starvation, etc. Stay strong. Stay caring, but remember to care for yourself.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join