It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey!!What is Your Problem??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I mean it. What is your problem?

So before you tell me your problems; I'll tell you mine. As if you cared, right?

I'm going bald
I'm overweight
I'm so vain that I obssess about my problems and get depressed which is another problem.

There are a lot of positives in my life but thats for another thread.

Thanks for sharing and if I can offer any sympathy; you got it!!!

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 04:30 AM
link   
HUGS, I do care,

Think positive,All your issues mentioned can be fixed,

xx

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
I mean it. What is your problem?

So before you tell me your problems; I'll tell you mine. As if you cared, right?

I'm going bald
I'm overweight
I'm so vain that I obssess about my problems and get depressed which is another problem.

There are a lot of positives in my life but thats for another thread.

Thanks for sharing and if I can offer any sympathy; you got it!!!

How old are you? Remember there are plenty of guys going bald at age 20, so you might be the lucky one!

My problems?

I need a girlfriend before I go crazy haha, but I'm distracted.

I feel lost, about the future, about the past, about the present, I don't know which way my life is heading, I feel trapped, and I'm trying to figure the way out of this prison.

[edit on 24-3-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 06:33 AM
link   
If I were to list all my problems, this would become an ATS big thread instantly.
However, the only ones who don't have problems..are dead.
I'll accept life with all it's trials and tribulations....for awhile yet.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I can't help myself. I've restrained myself from complaining about my ex-housemate in the rant forum, but your offer is too tempting......

Where to start, well, besides he was a lazy little $*@*!! for most of the time he lived here and treated me and our other h/m like servants he's now gone off owing me a shed-load of money.

He was sneaky, devious and deceitful. Even to the point of leaving the house and walking up the garden path to the vegetable patch leading us to believe he was going to do the gardening. But when we went out to help, he'd gone. Beggared off somewhere thinking we were too stupid to notice he was missing. It wasn't even as if he had to ask permission to go anywhere - he just wanted us to think he'd been working. Of course, we'd never notice no work had actually been done.......

Then one day I saw him rinsing one of my dishes, full of caked on, several-day-old milk. He noticed me looking and actually told me it was a special vegetarian custard.

When I met him he was a librarian, so I thought he was a trustworthy, professional person. It turned out that he's an ex-rentboy. Well, I wouldn't hold that against anyone, but I just never realised the mercenary mind-set of someone like that.

And now he owes me so much money, he's too precious to sell his assets. Grrrrr.

On top of that, he says he's being made redundant this month. I'll be lucky if he doesn't disappear altogether.

I've seriously thought of selling his debt, but I don't know any lowlifes to sell it to. Plus, I don't think they'd take it considering his lack of funds.

Oh, and on my recommendation, our other h/m let him stay in his flat in town before he came to the country. And he left the flat in the most appalling state. He wasn't expected to do any dusting, but he left loads of plates of mouldy food lying about and didn't bother to clean the lavatory.

And after the electricians had been in there were no light bulbs in the light fittings. Guess who 'didn't have the time' to put them back?

Then there was the sofa I bought, mostly for the benefit of my dog. The poor dog made one end his own and used to snuggle there happy as a lark. But Little Lord Fauntleroy used to get there first and refuse to move. It nearly broke my heart to see my dog milling around unhappy because he couldn't have his special place. It took several heavy hints to solve that problem.

I used to keep quiet about a lot of things because I wanted a peaceful atmosphere at home and didn't want the h/m to feel uncomfortable here.

But the night I decided to speak out isn't one he should forget in a hurry.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
berenike.....

As promised, here is some sympathy for your plight with your housemate.

"No good deed goes Unpunished" wise words

Perhaps you and your other house mates should drag the "neer do well" out into the garden and give him a sound thrashing!

[edit on 24-3-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Yes - no good deed should go unpunished. One of my favourite sayings, too.

As for the thrashing, I think he'd probably enjoy it.

Thanks for the sympathy - just what I needed.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
My problem is I just found out I have 2nd stage Lyme Disease. :bash:

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by enjoies05
My problem is I just found out I have 2nd stage Lyme Disease. :bash:

BIG hugs for you.

I know nothing about lyme disease so I wish you a speedy recovery or treatment or whatever you do to get feeling better.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Thanks.

I just have to take medicine for a month. The only bad thing is my knee is swollen from it, but I'll live.

Thanks.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by enjoies05
Thanks.

I just have to take medicine for a month. The only bad thing is my knee is swollen from it, but I'll live.

Thanks.

Blessings my brother. Any permanent residual effects from L2?

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Thanks, W.

From what I've read, stuff with the joints. But that's if you don't catch it. I didn't catch it early, but I caught it, so I hope I'm good.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Whaaa

My problems? I don't have many...in fact, life can always be worse which is a moto a try to live by...

I just failed my Conditioning Midterm, 38%. I studied my ass off, but with cramming 7 chapters into a couple of nights (I know, my mistake and I'll never do it again) I confused some of the theories and ended up going ON and ON about the wrong concepts... I know, I screwed up.

It wouldn't be a problem - if, and only if, I hadn't missed the withdrawl date on the course. SO - I either take a fail now by dropping the class - or - I continue the class and hope to god that in the next 3 weeks I can bring my mark up to something that renders a pass.

Not so bad, my life could be worse.

My GPA on the other hand? Is going to take a beating.

- Carrot

PS. Balding on some guys - isn't always a bad thing!

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
to the op..cmoon man once i get old i will just plant on my head long nice hair^_^
just exercise eat healthy (:
my problems are
-need some girlfriend/love
-need nice job n money
-need new friends
-need to stop watching this "mothman prohpecies" scary movie
-get some enlightment n stuff
-defeat some complexes n fear and start enjoying the life in max

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
What's my problem?...What's my problem?

Ok, I don't have legs that look and move like Tina Turner's! And I never will! But, hey, I do a mean impersonation of her singing and moving to Rolling On The River... around a campfire, alone, out in the middle of nowhere.

enjoies! I felt so bad about your diagnosis, how scary! I'm glad you will be getting better.

Oh, gawd, CA_Orot, your problem gives me chilling flashbacks to my college classes! Ack!

Stillalive, I had a similar list, too, in my younger days. Wow, more flashbacks. Love yourself, face and slay the dragons, Life is a journey and not a race, at some point in the future you will look back and realize you're finally enjoying Life in max.

Dang, Whaaa, you did it again! You made me feel better about my ... ahem ... problem.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I now have a new problem. My feet hurt from wearing cowboy boots.
These aren't just ordinary leather boots but python skin cowboy boots made over 50 years ago by hand by the famous bootsmith Tony Lama.
I love these boots, my image is tied up in these boots. Vanity? I plead guilty of that one.

I can see it all now....orthapediac shoes like my mother in law wears.

Go ahead and take me now Lord....life just ain't worth livin.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
What are my problems? Where do I begin?

First off, I was laid off on thursday, I work in television as a cameraman and editor for the local news. I got the job thanks to my dad. Yeah nepotism! Computers can do the editing that I do now, so hey why pay for a guy to do it when a computer can do it for just the price of upkeep?

I dont really have anything else to fall back on as I didnt finish college. So Right now I am kind of stuck. I wonder what kind of areas there are that do on the job training?

Another problem is my car. It seems to be nearing the end of its life and I cant really afford a new or used car at the moment.

I had foundation work done on my house last summer, and I think they did a BAD job, Nothing is better at all. All the doors still stick really bad. I cant close my bathroom door, and there are more cracks in the wall now than there were before they "fixed" the foundation.

My dog has some kind of skin allergy and seems to be losing some hair. treatment is going to be really expensive. I just know it. She goes to the vet on Monday.

My A/C is going out and needs to be replaced. OH god That will be expensive.

Why is it that all the expensive repairs end up needing to be done at the worst financial times?

The Money god's have it out for me, I am telling you.

Well, Atleast on monday I get to watch my niece for a week. She always makes me forget all my worries. She is 14 months old and I love her SO MUCH! I swear as soon as she learns to write, I am going to have her join and become the youngest member of ATS ever!

Seriously though, I wonder if she will be into the paranormal too? Most in our family aren't. Just me and my mom are that I know of. I hope she My Niece Morgan is, I would live to teach her all I know about the paranormal.

Ah, see? I only just thought about her for a minute or so and I am already feeling better about all the other problems I am having!

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

My turn to give you some sympathy.

I had severe back troubles a few years ago and had to give up wearing high heels. I didn't want to wear flat shoes at all, but there was no choice.

I had to re-adjust my wardrobe a bit but I still looked like me. And there was a remarkable bonus. It was so much easier to walk!

So here I am, enjoying walking more than ever and feeling relaxed and happy for it.

Comfortable new boots could make an enormous difference to your life. As long as your feet are comfortable you'll be much happier in yourself.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
My heart goes out to everyone. Whaaa, every day we are a day older and every day some new crap comes with it. I'm not generally one to complain, but I will give you my list as you have shared your problems:

I'm going bald and recently the old lady said "Wow, you've really lost a lot of hair lately." She also suggests the Hair Club for Men and she's serious. I had a great head of hair when I was young and wore it long.

I'm bow legged and the legs bother me more than ever. As a runner, being bow legged has always been a challenge but it's getting worse as I get older.

I have asthma that is getting worse and worse and also makes running harder as breathing is important when running and for just plain old living.

I have a patch on my face that I think is cancer but I have been fighting going to the doctor to have it looked at because I'm stupid and have the old "what you don't know won't hurt you" mentality. I adore the sun and never wear sunblock = perfect candidate for skin cancer.

My house is currently worth about $80,000 less than it was worth about two years ago. I have also lost my shirt on some investments.

I've been going to a sports medicine doctor and he thinks I will need a right knee replacement soon if I want to continue running. He talks about it like it's no big deal. A fake knee? I like MY knee.

My work is performance based and I have to produce about 2.5 times as much as last year to make the same money I made last year. I am doing alright but the stress sucks and the wife adds to the stress and she doesn't really understand how stressed I am in that regard. She regularly talks about how she wishes she didn't have to work. This of course is her way of saying I'm not making enough money. Maybe it's not what she is saying but it's what I hear.

I find myself regularly asking myself "What is the point?" Seriously, what IS the point? People talk about death as if it is so horrible. I welcome it although I prefer it not to be painful. My dad's heart exploded in the driveway in 1985. He wanted it to be quick and it was quick for him. I'm good with God and that helps me with the death thing. Don't worry, I'm not suicidal even if some of my poetry might suggest otherwise. I once was and that's where I can dig up that pain from.

I'm a very good painter and I don't paint. I would like to quit my job and paint for a living and I know I could eventually make more money than I do now but I'm scared to take the chance. The wife would not be too happy with this either as she wants to be the one without a "real" job. I sold paintings in the past and had a good in with a couple galleries in Boston. I made some money and could have kept it rolling and progressing but instead I got messed up with drugs and alcohol. I'm sober going on 8 years now. I need to get back to the painting. I read somewhere that wasting a God given talent is a sin. I believe that. I am wasting the only true talent I have.

I'm afraid of failure and afraid of success.

I carry every bit of pain I have ever felt on my shoulders and it is starting to really weigh me down.

I don't believe that my wife loves me and this is a sucky way to feel day in and day out.

I have plenty more but this is all that came to me as I am sitting here.

We all have problems. Life sucks. Being human sucks. This is a big part of why I truly believe that this isn't all there is. That life here on earth is hell. I also feel like a loser complaining about this stuff when there are people who are truly living horrible lives every day. Parents killing their children, people all over the planet starving to death, killing each other, etc. etc.........

It all blows.

[edit on 1-6-2009 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
As promised....my sympathies E_B I'm really at a loss for words

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join