It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

S.F. Mayor, You want entitlements? We invent entitlements in San Francisco.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I agree but here is the problem Jason. This isnt just a liberal thing. Example look at the Republican budget they just released. They are talking about giving some big tax breaks which is great but does not cut spending. WTF is this? Have the "conservatives" not learned ANYTHING? Most politicians are the same. They have no regard for the peons of this nation they just care for themselves and whether or not they get re elected.

So what is my solution? A 90% income tax. 90% of all Americans income goes to the government. Now now now I know what you guys are thinking "Are you freaking NUTS!" Well yes I am nuts but there is a method to my madness. If the government actually MADE us pay for this big government we have more and more people would be rioting in the streets. We need people to be rioting in the streets. However right now people are complacent because they arent having to pay for the world empire, the police state here at home, the welfare state, and the nanny state. The government wont raise taxes that high because they know damn well there will be a French style revolution with guillotines and all. So they all will tax us just enough and put the rest on a charge card. So I dont have just liberals or just conservatives I hate ALL the politicians in office and I promise you a 90% tax rate youll see both liberal peons and conservative peons in the streets together against these fools.

[edit on 27-3-2009 by mybigunit]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Wrongo! I do not hate myself or any of my other extremely sharp sisters and brothers of the liberal persuasion. Might I suggest that it is ok to have disagreements with your fellow countrymen? Should the blacksmith be expected to be chummy with the candlestick maker? Let the sun shine in Jenson.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by mandroid

The title will be changed shortly, so as to eliminate the "hate" word. It was a reference to ideology, not people in particular, you know? I meant to attract attention, not offend people.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
fact under fdr taxes were at 90% dont say that wont happen

90% income tax dude are you insane?

how about cut taxes and cut cut cut the bs spending they are doing.

millions to the gaza? helllllllllllllllllo wake the hell up people

how about not starting government projects and not ever finishing them? how much $$ is wasted on that crap.

how about if you serve 1 term in the congress you have healthcare for life?-how about cut that crap out.

the real kicker here is who isnt paying there taxes right now??????????
turbo tax cheat geithner for one and this is the dude in control of our economy!
among a myraid of other "righteous" democrats.

give me a break obama isnt roosevelt hell hes too busy trying be like other presidents.

someone screaming 90% makes me wanna headbut the wall its incredible insane. do you wanna be a slave to the government?

the more you pay in taxes your own quailty of life goes down.
get some common sense dude. please.!

[edit on 27-3-2009 by neo67]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo67
90% income tax dude are you insane?

how about cut taxes and cut cut cut the bs spending they are doing.

millions to the gaza? helllllllllllllllllo wake the hell up people

how about not starting government projects and not ever finishing them? how much $$ is wasted on that crap.

how about if you serve 1 term in the congress you have healthcare for life?-how about cut that crap out.

the real kicker here is who isnt paying there taxes right now??????????
turbo tax cheat geithner for one and this is the dude in control of our economy!
among a myraid of other "righteous" democrats.

give me a break obama isnt roosevelt hell hes too busy trying be like other presidents.

someone screaming 90% makes me wanna headbut the wall its incredible insane. do you wanna be a slave to the government?

the more you pay in taxes your own quailty of life goes down.
get some common sense dude. please.!

Did u not read my full post? I agree we spend way to much money running the world empire, the nanny/police/welfare state here at home. The problem is no one wants to cut the spending in government and the people dont seem to care otherwise we would be seeing riots in the streets. Im for NO taxes I want the 16th Amendment repealed but Im also a realist and the way government spends money it will never happen and until the people wake up to the big government spending and actually do something about it then maybe my dreams of no taxes can be realized. The only way I see the people waking up is for the people to start paying for this big government that the two party crime family shoves down our throat. If people had to give up 90% of their paycheck you would see riots in the streets which is exactly what we need.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by jasonjnelsonThe title will be changed shortly, so as to eliminate the "hate" word. It was a reference to ideology, not people in particular, you know? I meant to attract attention, not offend people.

As a Liberal...and a card carrying one at that, I'd say you succeeded at the former, and failed at the latter.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy life to point that out.

I mean, having my thread frozen for two days could never teach me what you just did, and my apology will never be enough to make up for any percieved slight.

Thank you, oh god of the internet, for passing down thy judgement.

(I love the responses I get when no one can actually argue the point)

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I can accept that you hate me for being a liberal. It speaks volumes of you character and irrationality. If hate mongering suits you go for it - but don't expect me to click on any of your posts again. But for now my observation:

People who point the finger of blame only in one direction and who do not seek to understand or engage with their political adversaries are not going to be effective in any sustained effort or in any arena of political discourse. My experience is that such a person also makes for an extremely vulnerable *warrior* and leaves their compatriots vulnerable as well in any situation of actual combat or war.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ChrisCrikey

I see. You have judged and pegged me in response to my doing the same to you? (in your opinion?) Thanks, and I hope that you continue to feel good about your decisions, as I am sure you feel that way about this one.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Thank you so much for having patience....

Now, where were those pesky liberals hiding.... (looks behind fence, up in the treehouse... Where could they be...)

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by mybigunit

I see.

So now, in an era when the government will kowtow to the unions by taking over once private enterprise, why would anyone care if the future governor of California refuses to handle debt responsibly.

As long as we all get a piece of the pie, right?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join