It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Connecticut cop caught on tape beating suspect

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Connecticut cop caught on tape beating suspect

localgovwatch.blogspot.com

A Connecticut police department has released a video showing that a former Meriden police officer kept beating a suspect after the man had stopped struggling.
Cossette said the video, released this week, shows that Lawlor's actions are unacceptable. Cossette fired Lawlor three months after the incident, which came after a police chase involving Alexis Hernandez, of Meriden.
Lawlor pleaded guilty earlier this month to one count of third-degree assault. He was given a one-year suspended sentence.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
cnews.canoe.ca
abcnews.go.com

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
That's one beating. Those cops just went wild on the guy. Three cops just pounding the guy. He's not even fighting back.

Well, now all these folks know what it's like in America. Maybe they won't be so eager to hop on a plane if they know what could happen.

I didn't see this posted, and the gang-beating just looked completely brutal. You can hear the guy's screams when the punches hit.

localgovwatch.blogspot.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Looks like they thought they were in the UFC.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
He was fired and pleaded guilty, that is all that matters.

I hope people do not believe all cops are like this. Most of them are out there to protect us. There are the ones that are evil though. And the more we get them on camera, the more they will understand what is right and what is not right.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   

I hope people do not believe all cops are like this. Most of them are out there to protect us. There are the ones that are evil though. And the more we get them on camera, the more they will understand what is right and what is not right.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
The guy who could have killed people.
Got $100k.
And the cop got fired and a suspended sentence.
Yet in reality, we have seen far worse cases of Police brutality, go un punished.
I didn't think this guy was to bad, because the suspect wouldn't get out of the car, and wouldn't put his hands behind his back.
You can clearly see and hear that.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by wiredamerican

Well no - not all are like that. But what is kind of troubling is that the orginal video is dated 2005. This is 2009. It took them 3 years to figure out he went over the line here??

top topics

join