It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Even atheists believe the Lies of Religion!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by vcwxvwligen

Originally posted by OldThinker
reply to post by vcwxvwligen

still confused...

where'd I say I don't adhere to the bible....

OT

In the provided links.

They say "Christianity is not this and that," yet those examples are mentioned in the Bible.

v, I take it...you are very busy?

That's OK, could you please return here when you have time and put together a post? Not a snibit....seriously...

I, nor any link i have provided...have said/implied/inferred/etc that God, Jesus, his word, the bible are not true...no where!!!!!

Please slow down and read what I have provided...

It seems you are not a skeptic, I dunno? But can you please notice...there are those that definitely need Christ here and that i am in a very very serious discussion with them?

If you have a relevant point please do make it....if not, please chill, ok?

edit format!

[edit on 25-3-2009 by OldThinker]

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by riley
You are the one making baseless claims about what atheists believe. You did not back them up, have been told by atheists that you're wrong yet call me obstinent? glass houses n all.

What is the conspiracy?

[edit on 25-3-2009 by riley]

????

Did I say you were the one making baseless claims...no! that you would respond to me that way?

I simply asked you if we have talked online before and you return with a smart a... comment...???????

either you want to discuss in an 'adult' manner...or you don't?

One more shot big boy....the balls in your lap....

OT askin'

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnjeluvDeath

reply to post by riley

you want to be obstinent...

found another thread man

I do, I do. What gives you the authority to claim that all atheists believed any of the things you listed other than #4????? What are you basing it on? What are you backing it up with? I have seen no actual argument to prove your point, just you insisting you are right.

So you are saying you never believed 1-3? the statistics would differ...

btw, I claim no authority....

but I can guarantee you something....the odds say you will eventually...

Evidence? Want me to quote some bible? that's what i thought....

OT not insisting a thing....life will do the convincing bro

Here's some bold-face truth.....

For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse.

think about Romans 1:20.....so men are WITHOUT EXCUSE!

OT doesn't like to be so heavy on a posters first-response, but you were able to get to the crux of what matters quickly, so I thought I'd honor you quickly with the truth....because I think you can handle it! Good job!

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   

You are the one making baseless claims about what atheists believe. You did not back them up, have been told by atheists that you're wrong yet call me obstinent? glass houses n all.

What is the conspiracy?

????

Did I say you were the one making baseless claims...no! that you would respond to me that way?

Your baseless claims about atheists are outlined in your OP. They were immediately debunked because they were just silly assumptions.

I simply asked you if we have talked online before and you return with a smart a... comment...???????

either you want to discuss in an 'adult' manner...or you don't?

One more shot big boy....the balls in your lap....

OT askin'

I and others have made some very reasonable points and the YOU got personal. Your first response to me had nothing to do with my post and instead of actually answering you asked if we'd talked in the past. I am also not the one calling people obstinent PURELY because they don't agree with you.. and I am not ending every sentence with

.....................??????????? and calling people smartarses, childish or "bigboy".

AGAIN.

What is the conspiracy?

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by riley

Nice try...

So your answer to my question is NO...ok

Nothing 'personal' bro...you are on your own!

btw, check out my few thousands of posts...please do....you won't see OT so 'short' with any other....you take the prize!

Enjoy life...I wish you the best...can't get away from him...

You are either very very young and playing, or near the end and desperate...OT not sure but you are past my help! Sorry

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I take it that means you don't actually have a conspiracy to discuss then? No evidence to back up your claims in the OP?

I didn't think so.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   

I take it that means you don't actually have a conspiracy to discuss then? No evidence to back up your claims in the OP?

I didn't think so.

Evidence of what? Did he say ALL atheists believe this? I believe the word "atheists" could refer to any amount as long as it's more than 1.

Are you saying there are NO atheists that believe this? Are you trying to speak for ALL atheists? Please clarify.

Supporting the Bible as OT does, makes him a conspirator according to the Top 10 Conspiracy Theories of ATS. Therefore any thread he decides to make with these beliefs falls under the conspiracy cloud. All Christians, Jews, Muslims, Buddhists, etc, are a conspiracy according to this forum. That's the way the cookie crumbles, sorry. You can't call us all conspirators, then ask US where the conspiracy is.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Do you believe the LIES of ‘religion’?

Yep, I bet you do…

No offense intended, most do…if we are honest with ourselves? Slow down and read…and ask yourself, did you think these were true at 1 time????????

Lie 1) The Good go to heaven, the bad go to hell.

Lie 2) You can earn God’s favor/salvation with your good works

Lie 3) Christianity is a bunch of don’ts

Lie 4) Christianity is a made-up myth

Lie 5) The Church is a building

Lie 6) If you are sincere, that’s all that matters

1) There is no heaven or hell, thus the statement itself is flawed.
2) There are no gods with whom to curry favour. See above.
3) Anyone who would distill Christianity to "a bunch of don'ts" has no business commenting on Christianity, or has only ever read Leviticus.
4) Christianity is no more made up than constitutional democracy. It is a social system that has evolved and changed over time to suit the needs of the people involved. Just like any other religion. Which is why Christianity in America is so different from Christianity in Ethiopia.
5) The Church is not a building. A church is a building. The Church refers to the social entity, however it's membership chooses to define it. It's semantics, but the capital letter and article make a big difference.
6) Disagree: the oppressor and the oppressed are both sincere, after all.

Now, what was the point of this exercise?

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by vox2442

sonkei to you vox!

OT appreciates your input, that is the point...

OT

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by B.A.C.
Evidence of what? Did he say ALL atheists believe this? I believe the word "atheists" could refer to any amount as long as it's more than 1.

Sorry but I don't pay you to interprit OTHER people's posts for me and frankly can't see why you'd think your reading comprehension is so much more advanced that you think you can "help". I'm quite capable of reading them for myself- thanks for the offer though.

Indeed he made a generalisation about atheists, not individual atheists yet his OP seems to be more about myths and misconceptions about the bible in general which doesn't really have anything to do with atheists unless he's talking about ex christians.

Supporting the Bible as OT does, makes him a conspirator according to the Top 10 Conspiracy Theories of ATS. Therefore any thread he decides to make with these beliefs falls under the conspiracy cloud. All Christians, Jews, Muslims, Buddhists, etc, are a conspiracy according to this forum. That's the way the cookie crumbles, sorry. You can't call us all conspirators, then ask US where the conspiracy is.

Again.. I did not ask you if it was a conspiracy.. I asked him and I think it's pretty arrogent for you to chime in and tell me what qualifies and what doesn't.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Sorry but I don't pay you to interprit OTHER people's posts for me and frankly can't see why you'd think your reading comprehension is so much more advanced that you think you can "help". I'm quite capable of reading them for myself- thanks for the offer though.

Indeed he made a generalisation about atheists, not individual atheists yet his OP seems to be more about myths and misconceptions about the bible in general which doesn't really have anything to do with atheists unless he's talking about ex christians.

Again.. I did not ask you if it was a conspiracy.. I asked him and I think it's pretty arrogent for you to chime in and tell me what qualifies and what doesn't.

Well if you have to ask you must have been ignorant of what constitutes a conspiracy in this case.

Also, if you can read, then run it through your mind when you are done, then you will also understand.

deny ignorance

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   

So you are saying you never believed 1-3? the statistics would differ...

btw, I claim no authority....

So that makes your judging people less of a sin? What are the stats again? 100% of people have believe 1-3? Can you back that up. I know you cannot. There is no way 100% of the world has been polled on this so I do not see how the stats would differ. If it is anything other than 100%, there is room for me.

but I can guarantee you something....the odds say you will eventually...

Now you are gambling on it? You just get more and more Christian don't you? So odds say I will and stats say I did yet you have not shown anything that would even suggest to me that was either, let alone both, were true 100% of the time.

Evidence? Want me to quote some bible? that's what i thought....

OT not insisting a thing....life will do the convincing bro

I don't get it. Is this you being a tough guy or is that your real answer to my real question about proving the crazy things you claimed?

Here's some bold-face truth.....

For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse.

think about Romans 1:20.....so men are WITHOUT EXCUSE!

OT doesn't like to be so heavy on a posters first-response, but you were able to get to the crux of what matters quickly, so I thought I'd honor you quickly with the truth....because I think you can handle it! Good job!

...and the third bear tried his porridge and it was juuuuuuuuuuuuuust right and he said "Hey, my porridge is perfect!"

Yeah, I am smarter than the average bear, thanks for judging my comprehension skills now. You crack me up. Truth? Shall I read from the Qu'ran? How about the Satanic Bible? How about any random printed word? How does quoting the bible make anything more or less true? YOU believe that the bible is the truth. Good. Some people believe blood transfusions are evil. Those people die but they die with there beliefs intact, as I am sure so will you. Unfortunately, MY beliefs do not have to run parallel to yours. You show me that there is some evidence that this is true for 100% of the world and I am with you, brother. Until then, I can still guarantee it is NOT true. Thanks for the typical BT answer though.

Let me write your next response for you..."Condescention, Something vaguely threatening or mean, Bible quotes."

No need for you to reply.

p.s. I forgot "Backhanded compliment" Toss that in there somewhere and it is all ready for you.

[edit on 26-3-2009 by AnjeluvDeath]

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Well if you have to ask you must have been ignorant of what constitutes a conspiracy in this case.

A conspiracy involves two or more people actually conspiring.. thus far he has not presented any such scenario.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnjeluvDeath
Let me write your next response for you..."Condescention, Something vaguely threatening or mean, Bible quotes."

Nah, not my style....I'll just respectfully agree to disagree...I'll think about what you said, you think about what I said ... and time will tell, right?

OT

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
OT I may have believed in number 1 in the past, but that would've been when I was about 5 years old and not really aware of other possibilities (due to that religious brainwashing!) You say 1 and 6 are linked - maybe for some people but not me. When I do something right it's because I know it's the right thing to do, not because I subconciously believe it'll benefit me in "the afterlife"...

There is no "good" people...God requires PERFECTION....attaining heaven is totally out of our hands...

THERE IS NOTHING WE CAN DO TO MAKE GOD LOVES US ANY MORE THAN HE ALREADY DOES...AND THERE IS NOTHING WE CAN DO TO MAKE GOD LOVE US ANY LESS THAN HE DOES....

Any implications to this?

Implications? Yeah I've thought of a big 'un - if nothing we do can make God love us any more or any less, then we can basically do what we want (good or bad) and be accepted into Heaven because God loves us! No need to listen to any preachers or obey any laws - entry to "Heaven" is guaranteed!

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   

A conspiracy involves two or more people actually conspiring.. thus far he has not presented any such scenario.

Any religion is a conspiracy according to ATS. If one of us creates a Pro - Religion thread, it is part of the conspiracy automatically.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   

There is no "good" people...God requires PERFECTION....attaining heaven is totally out of our hands...

THERE IS NOTHING WE CAN DO TO MAKE GOD LOVES US ANY MORE THAN HE ALREADY DOES...AND THERE IS NOTHING WE CAN DO TO MAKE GOD LOVE US ANY LESS THAN HE DOES....

Any implications to this?

Implications? Yeah I've thought of a big 'un - if nothing we do can make God love us any more or any less, then we can basically do what we want (good or bad) and be accepted into Heaven because God loves us! No need to listen to any preachers or obey any laws - entry to "Heaven" is guaranteed!

sotp, appreciate your ability to discuss without distracting, with decorum and openess!!!

also thank you for the honesty in believing lie 1 in the past...I wish you co-harts were so open....more on that later...

Regarding your response to my 'implications' question...I must have failed to communicate clearly...so I'll clarify for you and others...

when I said...THERE IS NOTHING WE CAN DO TO MAKE GOD LOVES US ANY MORE THAN HE ALREADY DOES...AND THERE IS NOTHING WE CAN DO TO MAKE GOD LOVE US ANY LESS THAN HE DOES........I am talking to people who have already said yes/help me JC...

What you have responded to fails to recognize the LAW OF SOWING AND REAPING....

You see, according to OT's interpretation of the scripture there are various LAWS....two of which are...

1) THE LAW OF SALVATION (God's Acceptance/POSITIONAL)
2) THE LAW OF SOWING/REAPING (Consequences of Sin/PRACTICAL)

Here's my take on the bottom line....

---Salvation is out of our hands, because NO ONE is 'perfect' enough

and... (not BUT)

---there are consequences to our choices...we pay for them during our time on earth....please google the law of sowing and reaping for more info

SO WHAT OT?

Here's the APPLICATION!

God does 'salvations' work from on high, we do his work on earth...and if we choose to sin, we pay the penalty....ie early/premature death/decease/pain/etc...

SO BOTH ARE TRUE!

sotp, thank you for the opportunity to clarify, always honored,

OT

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
don't you just hate these air cards?

double post!

OT edit

[edit on 26-3-2009 by OldThinker]

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by OldThinker

Um, you title the thread about how atheists believe in religion and then attack Religion, completely not mentioning atheists or providing anything to back up your claim. Perhaps it's just me but, huh???

I agree with the title though. Even an answer of "none of the above" is still an answer.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by OldThinker

God does 'salvations' work from on high, we do his work on earth...and if we choose to sin, we pay the penalty....ie early/premature death/decease/pain/etc...

So what sin exactly, has a baby committed when it dies let's say for example a cot death as a penalty for the alleged sin ?

Also what's this work all about ? Work, by definition effort we choose to put into an endeavor in order to reach a goal or objective.

If we choose not to do this "work" whatever it is on behalf of then (according to xtianity) we are punished both physically and emotionally for an eternity.

This then is not voluntary work but forced slavery through fear of physical or emotional abuse !

[edit on 26-3-2009 by moocowman]

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join