It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Even atheists believe the Lies of Religion!

page: 14
2
<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldThinker
OK, bb this ATS-ing can be stressful. Please enjoy creation...lil religion' humor there...


No, ignorance is stressful.... ATS is fun and diverse and interesting






In all reality what you term 'rambling' is the heart of the point of my last few responses. When you get back think about this sequence ...
1 Creation happened without a god.
2. Life results from survival, there is no right or wrong.
3. The powerful 'make it'..adapt
4. The weak are left behind.
5. Therefore look out for yourself....
or...
Love your neighbor as yourself...
The choice is clear...no man can serve 2 masters is how JC said it...


What are you on about man??
That logic is absolutely ridiculous...

I have no master... i am my own man..

"But underneath all the names there is only one Immortal Man; and we are that man."

I believe in loving thy neighbour and treating everyone as I'd like to be treated and i believe we evolved to the state we are now...through the process of evolution...

I believe that nature does weed out weaker species, but i think you are confusing nature/evolution and atheism.
Not every Atheist (i actually know none this way? ) is a cruel, uncaring narcissist who believes that we are just animals...meat and when we die that's it?? I'm not sure where you're getting your info from man....but i'd get a new...reliable source if i were you....you're lumping one group of people together.. that is not fair.

It's always the ploy of the religious to try and say that Atheism = Science
or Atheism = evolution???
Atheism means you don't believe in a deity....not you are an evolution loving scientist.

In the same way that being religious does not equal being a suicide bomber... yes, many are but also many are not.

You have very strange and out-dated views on Atheism man....






No hate thread here, just a mirror of reality...only responding to the direction you three have taken the thread...
and if I have offended any I sincerely apologize ...
My sequence still stands! Atheism hurts people...
Any responses should address my posts content, no distractions allowed



No...no, it's a hate thread, with the intent of causing division and arguments between members of ATS... not cool man.
Us three....what are you talking about??
Earlier it was two... now because i question your motives and shown this thread for exactly what it is...it's us THREE??
Again....your logic is puzzling.

That is almost as bad as the "dis-info" card people play...
"you've ruined my thread" how....by asking questions....by asking you why you're slating people and being rude and argumentative and by sticking up for the very subject and people YOU...yes YOU are bashing and berating???


And as i also said to you, which you cleverly avoided... RELIGION has killed more people than any, i repeat ANY other reason.

That, my third person perspective talking friend..... is a FACT!!!!

Blup out......










[edit on 28/3/09 by blupblup]




posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
And as i also said to you, which you cleverly avoided... RELIGION has killed more people than any, i repeat ANY other reason.

That, my third person perspective talking friend..... is a FACT!!!!

Blup out......

[edit on 28/3/09 by blupblup]


Don't even try saying that blup, people with selfish motives kill people in the name of religion. People can use ANY belief system to justify killing if they twist it the right way. When they dropped the bombs on Hiroshima and Nagosaki was that in the name of religion or freedom? Was the whole WW2 in the name of religion? No. Just add up these killings and any done in the name of religion pale in comparison. Same as taking the World Trade Towers down, was that in the name of religion? Or did they just use religion as an excuse to try to take the West down?

Same as the crusades and inquisition. The Catholics ignored the one major commandment the Bible teaches "Thou shalt not kill". For selfish reasons.

Like I said ANY belief system can be used for killing if it's twisted the right way. Religion has never killed anyone, people kill people and they don't need religion as an excuse. And that's a FACT.




[edit on 28-3-2009 by B.A.C.]



posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by B.A.C.
 


Oh i totally agree.... but i didn't think we were using truth and reason on this thread?
I thought we were just throwing out random things.... not backing them up and being as obtuse and ignorant as possible??
Just following the tone set by the OP.

And by similar logic.... people never killed anyone... Guns and bombs did


The reasons for the most deaths caused over the centuries... not just recent wars and events...is religion.

I didn't even want to get into a debate on why more people have died in which wars.... that's not the point of the OP.... the point is to just throw out baseless and paper-thin arguments and points for the sake of arguing and division.

Carry on



posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
reply to post by B.A.C.
 


Oh i totally agree.... but i didn't think we were using truth and reason on this thread?
I thought we were just throwing out random things.... not backing them up and being as obtuse and ignorant as possible??
Just following the tone set by the OP.

And by similar logic.... people never killed anyone... Guns and bombs did


The reasons for the most deaths caused over the centuries... not just recent wars and events...is religion.

I didn't even want to get into a debate on why more people have died in which wars.... that's not the point of the OP.... the point is to just throw out baseless and paper-thin arguments and points for the sake of arguing and division.

Carry on


No, the reason for most deaths over the centuries hasn't been religion. I don't know where you're getting this information.

I'm not allowed to speak logically now? Sorry, but I usually do no matter what may be going on in this thread. I haven't been trying to divide anyone. Look at all my posts, I've been trying to be reasonable, logical, and avoid arguing.

Guns and bombs don't think or have motives, people do.

On Topic:

I'm not sure what the point of the OP is, you'd have to ask OT. I answered his questions and don't really see a big deal with them. This is a good example, OT's questions didn't cause division, peoples reactions to them did. I can see how they may be construed as baiting because they are written in such a way as to entice feelings, but I didn't write them, so I'm not sure what his motives are. I do know OT is a good guy (just read his other threads, he's pretty friendly) and wasn't trying to start a big argument, it just happened. That's IMHO anyway.



posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Psst!

Everyone ! "Healing Codes for the Biological Apocalypse" by Dr Len Horowitz

Get Video or read best selling book.

You can't connect dots you haven't the co-ordinates for...



posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by B.A.C.
I'm not allowed to speak logically now? Sorry, but I usually do no matter what may be going on in this thread. I haven't been trying to divide anyone. Look at all my posts, I've been trying to be reasonable, logical, and avoid arguing.


I did not say that.

It was sarcasm.... i was saying we shouldn't use logic or reason because the OP has not.... the entire thread is just one big pointless argument.
Deliberately started by the OP to cause division.










On Topic:
I'm not sure what the point of the OP is, you'd have to ask OT. I answered his questions and don't really see a big deal with them. This is a good example, OT's questions didn't cause division, peoples reactions to them did.


Me neither....and we HAVE asked him....many, many times.
No joy unfortunately.
As I've also said... i usually like OT's threads but this is just completely pointless.

And it's not just his questions that are baiting... It's his responses and general attitude on the thread.
very un-christian indeed.

Anyway... I'm not arguing with you... i have no problem with you, i take issue with OT and will continue my discussion with him.

Peace



[edit on 28/3/09 by blupblup]



posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by B.A.C.


I know no such thing. It IS true IMO. I never said you should believe it, believe what you want. What are you arguing about?


WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!

How do you not see the HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE problem with saying you know something to be true, qualifying it with IMO, and saying that you know much of it is not true, but since you know which parts are not true then you know the whole thing is true. I am not arguing. I am asking you to clarify how you can even look in the mirror after saying something like that.



posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by B.A.C.


Like I said ANY belief system can be used for killing if it's twisted the right way. Religion has never killed anyone, people kill people and they don't need religion as an excuse. And that's a FACT.


Please list all the Atheist Murders for us. List all the Atheist wars that have been fought throughout all time. Please list the horrible deeds done in the name of Atheism. Otherwise, you are going to have to admit that Religion is the cause of more bloodshed and violence than anything else.

You can take the OT route and just insult me and dodge the issue.

You can admit I am right.

or

You can PROVE ME WRONG.

Now, since you two want to accuse anyone else who does not agree as being part of some cabal, then I feel free to respond to any post you two write, no matter who it is to. Works both ways, I know "christians" hate fair play.



posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by B.A.C.
OT's questions didn't cause division, peoples reactions to them did.


I really suggest that you reread the thread. OT asked Atheists if his assumption was true. When many people, atheist or not, told him that no, his assumptions were not correct, he reacted like a spoiled child who just got sent to their room. He got mean, insulting, and nasty. What a huge help it has been. Please go back, reread from the beginning. OT is trying to cause division.

[edit on 28-3-2009 by AnjeluvDeath]



posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnjeluvDeath

Originally posted by B.A.C.


I know no such thing. It IS true IMO. I never said you should believe it, believe what you want. What are you arguing about?


WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!

How do you not see the HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE problem with saying you know something to be true, qualifying it with IMO, and saying that you know much of it is not true, but since you know which parts are not true then you know the whole thing is true. I am not arguing. I am asking you to clarify how you can even look in the mirror after saying something like that.



I actually find your arguments humorous. I NEVER said I know much of it isn't true, why do you keep saying that? You think much of it isn't true, NOT me. Now just give it up, you're sounding ridiculous.



posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by AnjeluvDeath
 


Pol Pot was an atheist.

Stalin was an atheist.

That's probably around 50 millions deaths right there...



posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by B.A.C.


I actually find your arguments humorous. I NEVER said I know much of it isn't true, why do you keep saying that? You think much of it isn't true, NOT me. Now just give it up, you're sounding ridiculous.


You already stated that I can ignore the miracles and anything having to do with magic.

You now claim that things described in the book are meant to read by someone who knows they do not mean a real 7 headed beast.



Do you really need me to go back and quote you on this?



posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnjeluvDeath
Please list all the Atheist Murders for us. List all the Atheist wars that have been fought throughout all time. Please list the horrible deeds done in the name of Atheism. Otherwise, you are going to have to admit that Religion is the cause of more bloodshed and violence than anything else.

You can take the OT route and just insult me and dodge the issue.

You can admit I am right.

or

You can PROVE ME WRONG.

Now, since you two want to accuse anyone else who does not agree as being part of some cabal, then I feel free to respond to any post you two write, no matter who it is to. Works both ways, I know "christians" hate fair play.


If I'm not mistaken I wasn't speaking to you. I was speaking to blub. It's pretty apparent you just want to argue about everything.

Have fun with that, this is my final response to you. I have much better things to do than participate in a worthless argument with you.



posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Goathief
reply to post by AnjeluvDeath
 


Pol Pot was an atheist.

Stalin was an atheist.

That's probably around 50 millions deaths right there...


Uh huh and they killed people in the name of Atheism or because of Atheism? I missed that part in school. Please enlighten me.



posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Goathief
reply to post by AnjeluvDeath
 


Pol Pot was an atheist.

Stalin was an atheist.

That's probably around 50 millions deaths right there...


Yup, and that number alone exceeds the deaths of the Crusades and Inquisition put together.

There has been much murder in the name of religion, but it's not a good debate because both sides are just as guilty of twisting dogma for their own means.



posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by B.A.C.


If I'm not mistaken I wasn't speaking to you. I was speaking to blub. It's pretty apparent you just want to argue about everything.

Have fun with that, this is my final response to you. I have much better things to do than participate in a worthless argument with you.


Everytime I say

"GIVE ME PROOF"

that ends the conversation with one of you guys. Why do you suppose that is? Like others, I am following the tone set by the thread starter. He keeps saying "your boys." "you three" so as long as he gets to sit there and point his finger at everyone no matter who he is responding to, I realized that is how this thread works and am just going with it.

Sorry that I asked you for some proof too.

That is two friends I won't have now because I asked if they would back up something crazy they claimed. I guess my problem is that I refuse to blindly believe anything and you are determined to blindly defend anything, until you are cornered that is, then NOTHING!



posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by B.A.C.

Yup, and that number alone exceeds the deaths of the Crusades and Inquisition put together.

There has been much murder in the name of religion, but it's not a good debate because both sides are just as guilty of twisting dogma for their own means.


Um.....no. These men did not kill anyone in the name of Atheism did they?
No. Have people killed in their god's name? YEP!
Anyone killed in the name of Atheism?



posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnjeluvDeath
Everytime I say

"GIVE ME PROOF"

that ends the conversation with one of you guys. Why do you suppose that is? Like others, I am following the tone set by the thread starter. He keeps saying "your boys." "you three" so as long as he gets to sit there and point his finger at everyone no matter who he is responding to, I realized that is how this thread works and am just going with it.

Sorry that I asked you for some proof too.

That is two friends I won't have now because I asked if they would back up something crazy they claimed. I guess my problem is that I refuse to blindly believe anything and you are determined to blindly defend anything, until you are cornered that is, then NOTHING!


OK one more post. Proof of what? I believe the Bible. There's your proof that I believe the Bible, straight from my mouth. One argument finished.

Proof that killing is done in the name of Atheism? I never said that so why would I give you proof of something I didn't say. Two arguments down.

Now what more do you have to argue about?



posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by B.A.C.


OK one more post. Proof of what? I believe the Bible. There's your proof that I believe the Bible, straight from my mouth. One argument finished.

Proof that killing is done in the name of Atheism? I never said that so why would I give you proof of something I didn't say. Two arguments down.

Now what more do you have to argue about?


For one thing...thank you for admitting people do not kill in the name of Atheism. Now you know why you can retract cheering someone on for listing people who were Atheists and killed people. Do you not see how you contradict yourself over and over again?

I have become convinced that the only way to believe in any organised religion is to be the type of person that can contradict their own arguments over and over without ever seeing the problem.

I believe I was asking for proof that the bible was historically accurate but you wanted to play games for 6 pages instead so I am not sure.



posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by B.A.C.

Originally posted by Goathief
reply to post by AnjeluvDeath
 


Pol Pot was an atheist.

Stalin was an atheist.

That's probably around 50 millions deaths right there...


Yup, and that number alone exceeds the deaths of the Crusades and Inquisition put together.

There has been much murder in the name of religion, but it's not a good debate because both sides are just as guilty of twisting dogma for their own means.


Psssssssssssssst. BAC, the above statement. It is pointless since you admit that none of those deaths occured in the name of Atheism right? Just like OT, insult me, call the conversation over, contradict things you already said, and see if you can avoid the question for 10 pages before finally attacking it.



new topics

top topics



 
2
<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

log in

join