It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Even atheists believe the Lies of Religion!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

After 4 pages of the same ole question from the same two posters, I chose not to be a doormat. Did you think I was talking to you?

It would appear someone defending the atheist point of view for 4 pages, would be an atheist ... maybe their in a grad school debate class role playin the opposite, I dunno?

Now my above quote is the root cause of the issue...ugly as it may be...sorry, we are all adults, hopefully....

Any mature-thinking person can see the direct link between atheism, survival of the fittest...we are all just animals...there is nothing when you die....resulting in the weak being hurt.

My cordial self has about three pages of distraction tolerance....after that it would convey the wrong message.

I will continue to raise a mirror in the face of my atheist brothers and not let them forget the real implications (and tragic history) of these baseless dis-beliefs.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by OldThinker

After 4 pages of the same ole question from the same two posters, I chose not to be a doormat. Did you think I was talking to you?

Well as you mentioned atheists then yes, i assume you're talking to me.
Being a doormat and being blatantly rude and argumentative are quite different things IMO.

It would appear someone defending the atheist point of view for 4 pages, would be an atheist ... maybe their in a grad school debate class role playin the opposite, I dunno?

Well as your title is blatant fabricated nonsense... and you're basically calling out atheists.....who did you think would come to this thread???
If i started a thread called "even christians deny god as atheists do"...who do you think would show up??? wow:

seriously....I'm not liking your reasoning or motive at all.
The only reason i even answered all the questions was because it was your thread... and as I've said, i usually like the way you go about conversing openly and fairly with all sides, albeit trying to push your agenda/faith subtly...i can handle that because you treat people with respect...usually

Now my above quote is the root cause of the issue...ugly as it may be...sorry, we are all adults, hopefully....

Yes we are, and we're also expected to be civil to one another. To be honest, i would have expected more from you OT.
As i said, I usually like your style but you have let yourself down on this thread I'm afraid.

Any mature-thinking person can see the direct link between atheism, survival of the fittest...we are all just animals...there is nothing when you die....resulting in the weak being hurt.

More subtle insults.... nice

Well i consider myself a mature thinking person and i found your response offensive.
Just because someone doesn't believe in your "version" of god...or a god in general, does not make them any less spiritual or any less of a decent human being than you my friend.
Don't let your "cause" blind you.

My cordial self has about three pages of distraction tolerance....after that it would convey the wrong message.
I will continue to raise a mirror in the face of my atheist brothers and not let them forget the real implications (and tragic history) of these baseless dis-beliefs.

That is most ridiculous statement I've seen in a long time dude..
More people have died in the name of religion than for any other reason.

Organized religion is a violent and disgusting thing indeed....probably the most corrupt system going and the one with the bloodiest history.

I think this thread and it's premise are extremely offensive and i hope you can see that this is the case.
Not sure what you're trying to achieve, but i guess like religion.... your goal is probably division...and segregation...

Well done, you succeeded

[edit on 28/3/09 by blupblup]

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   

bb, did I mention 'organized religion'?

hey listen the mirror is ugly..I know,l wish l could change things...

but if atheists can see the complexity of creation and deduce some mathmetically impossible null hypothesis thru 'time' and 'chance' I will continue to raise the mirror...

Love would mandate me to confront, and as you have acknowledged l do this with respect, but your boys don't want to play nice...

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
bb, did you mean to skip over my point of logic as to atheism...resulting in the weak being hurt?

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   

but if atheists can see the complexity of creation and deduce some mathmetically impossible null hypothesis thru 'time' and 'chance' I will continue to raise the mirror...

Love would mandate me to confront, and as you have acknowledged l do this with respect, but your boys don't want to play nice...

AT LAST!

So this whole thread was always to "raise a mirror up" and confront atheists for not accepting your god's creation?

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Most of what is considered religion is "organized".
If you refer to the bible... then you are referring to organized religion.
Whether you mentioned it or not is irrelevant....their is no point or purpose to your thread or your responses.... so I'm adding some

The mirror is not ugly....the mirror just reflects what it is shown...which is at the moment someone extremely judgmental and not very "christian" at all.
And to look at the beauty and complexity of nature, our world, our universe and have no idea about how it came into being... thereby creating an imaginary "god" who just made it all over a given time period is absolutely preposterous.... and an "easy way out".

At least some theories have been brought forward and are being tested and worked on and people are trying to find out what "it" is all about....instead of believing fairy tales.
I know who i have more respect for.

I acknowledge that you Usually do this with respect, not that you are now.

And my boys???
What are you talking about...??

See this is the us and them crap i was alluding to...

I am a human being, then i am a man, then i am British.... and my religious beliefs, or lack of, don't even come into it....or if people really want to know....I'll tell them.
There is more to life than that my friend.....much more.
The beauties and mysteries of this world are boundless..... and can not and should not be fobbed of with "god did it" or "god moves in mysterious ways"

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   

bb, did you mean to skip over my point of logic as to atheism...resulting in the weak being hurt?

What??

Now you're just rambling mate...

Anyway....enjoy your hate thread dude... I'm off out to enjoy the land and air

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   

AT LAST!

So this whole thread was always to "raise a mirror up" and confront atheists for not accepting your god's creation?

Actually no Riley...but you have done such a mastertul job of derailing, that l got off track...good job.

Hopefully l can begin to answer the rest of the lies later...

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Actually no Riley...but you have done such a mastertul job of derailing, that l got off track...good job.

Hopefully l can begin to answer the rest of the lies later...

I derailed nothing and NEVER lied. I asked several times what the conspiracy was.. it's clear now that your whole intent was to leacture atheists on their "ugliness".

What was the point of the questions? People invested time into answering them yet you have not given a reason why.

[edit on 28-3-2009 by riley]

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup

What??

Now you're just rambling mate...

Anyway....enjoy your hate thread dude... I'm off out to enjoy the land and air

OK, bb this ATS-ing can be stressful. Please enjoy creation...lil religion' humor there...

In all reality what you term 'rambling' is the heart of the point of my last few responses. When you get back think about this sequence ...

1 Creation happened without a god.
2. Life results from survival, there is no right or wrong.
3. The powerful 'make it'..adapt
4. The weak are left behind.
5. Therefore look out for yourself....

or....

Love your neighbor as yourself...

The choice is clear...no man can serve 2 masters is how JC said it...

No hate thread here, just a mirror of reality...only responding to the direction you three have taken the thread...

and if I have offended any I sincerely apologize ...

My sequence still stands! Atheism hurts people...

Any responses should address my posts content, no distractions allowed

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by riley

riley I think you are finally engaged.

OT

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by OldThinker

What the hell are you talking about? Why didn't you just post this in bts if you were just trying to convert atheists?

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Riley please can we continue without the cursing?

how bout addressing the sequence?

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   

There is one thing that undermines your whole argument - atheism does not mean survival of the fittest, that is your own mental projection. Atheists do not need god to love, I am glad you found the crutch of JC though - for without it I think you would be lost.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Goathief

... - atheism does not mean survival of the fittest, ....

Goathief, what does it mean then?

OT

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Goathief
I am glad you found the crutch of JC though - for without it I think you would be lost.

Now that's a true statement for sure!

Goathief, what's your take on the points in the OP? Ever believe um?

OT

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   

The belief that there is no god.

I will return later to elaborate & answer the above OT...

[edit on 28-3-2009 by Goathief]

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   

You have not addressed any of my points so why did you not just post this in bts? Why ask atheists to respond at all if all you were intending to do was preach at us? Insulting us won't suddenly make us want to switch to your belief system.. and it certainly doesn't make you seem like a moral person. Isn't that the point of christianity? To be moral? It's not working it's magic on you.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Do you believe the LIES of ‘religion’?

Yep, I bet you do…

No offense intended, most do…if we are honest with ourselves? Slow down and read…and ask yourself, did you think these were true at 1 time????????

Lie 1) The Good go to heaven, the bad go to hell.

If you are saying hypothetically (based on doctrine) unrepentent mortal sinners go to hell but this can vary between dominations.

If you are speaking literally: I do not believe either go to heaven or hell as I do not believe in the concepts.. so why say I do? actually most of your points require belief in god so why would you claim atheists believe them? Most of your points also seem to be based on what you have decided are common misconceptions rather than genuine misconceptions.

I wrote the above on page 5. Maybe you are ready to respond to it now?

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by riley

You have not addressed any of my points so why did you not just post this in bts? Why ask atheists to respond at all if all you were intending to do was preach at us? Insulting us won't suddenly make us want to switch to your belief system.. and it certainly doesn't make you seem like a moral person. Isn't that the point of christianity? To be moral? It's not working it's magic on you.

Riley yes ill respond...

btw, you ignored my question ..

this thread is about false religious beliefs in a cons. of religion' thread...seems simple to me...

thus the converse of rights beliefs fair?

to me the conspiracy is in the disagreement of the two positions...

OT morale...nope...that's a Romans 3:23 issue...OT is definitively apart of 'ALL' have sinned...

magic i'll leave to Chris Angel, ok?

OT

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join