It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Even atheists believe the Lies of Religion!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Do you believe the LIES of ‘religion’?

Yep, I bet you do…

No offense intended, most do…if we are honest with ourselves? Slow down and read…and ask yourself, did you think these were true at 1 time????????

Lie 1) The Good go to heaven, the bad go to hell.

Lie 2) You can earn God’s favor/salvation with your good works

Lie 3) Christianity is a bunch of don’ts

Lie 4) Christianity is a made-up myth

Lie 5) The Church is a building

Lie 6) If you are sincere, that’s all that matters

All of these lies/myths/misinterpretations are backed/supported by the bible…BUT…I didn’t want this to be a bible quote thread initially, at least…fair, ok?

I just want you the reader to think this through…OT is tired of the bible quoters…of which I have been known as…can’t we just think these through intellectually? I dunno?

More truth here if you dare, download the pdf. … www.christinyou.net...

And here’s the clincher … www.allaboutreligion.org...

For those that want the ‘t-shirt’ smile here…. www.christianbook.com... OT threw this one in late, ps: I’m not a stock holder/investor, ok?

Alright guys, let’s go to it and discuss with respect and decorum…

OT out!

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 23 Mar 09 by Gools]

[edit on 23-3-2009 by OldThinker]

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by OldThinker

I am not quite sure what you are getting at here, OT.

You want us to say we are all really christian at heart whether we want to be or not?

Or that we have believed these things at one point or another?

can you clarify please?

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Wonderful OP.

I am happy to see another thread by you, they always turn out to be quite constructive and filled with very revealing information.

We have our differences when it comes to religion, but I will say that I agree with your point.

Atheists are some of the funnier "religious" people out there. And I call them religious because even though they claim to believe in nothing, believing in nothing is still believing. It's a bit redundant if you ask me.

I think the everybody at some point will ask themselves the questions you pose, simply because it's so ingrained into our society at this point, that it's almost impossible not to ponder the question of an all powerful all knowing creator.

And I am also tired of Bible quoters who provide nothing but empty words. Dicussions about these topics need to be done in intelligent verses that relay an opinion with facts or an opinion with beliefs, not some bible rhetoric that serves nothing but add fuel to a fire.

I like this topic OP, I hope people contribute nicely.

~Keeper

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox

You want us to say we are all really christian at heart whether we want to be or not?

Or that we have believed these things at one point or another?

can you clarify please?

Thank you SO much for the first response!!!!

What I am getting at...IS stated very clearly in the OP...

Do you DISAGREE with any of the lies?

Do you AGREE with any of the lies?

Get back to me, ok?

OT curious...

OT

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
Wonderful OP.

I am happy to see another thread by you, they always turn out to be quite constructive and filled with very revealing information.

Hey man!!!!

How are you?

Hope all is well!!!!!

OT has been prayin' for all...thx again for the U2U...

Thx so much, too, for responding to my humble next....

OT honored!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   

....Wonderful OP.

.......I like this topic OT, I hope people contribute nicely.

~Keeper

These ATS'ers will no doubt follow through!!!!!!

Keeper, I'm glad you are here and haved joined...

OT

PS: What I have typed will for sure get attention....

these MYTHS in the OP are from the pit of hell...

WE CAN do better...

I am one who has rejected the BS!!!!!!!

Thx so much!

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Okay here goes!

I once considered myself an atheist okay? They don't actually believe in "nothing" as you put it (above post). I know most believe in science and the betterment of man through scientific fact. I have turned to a side of "religion", I guess it could be put, it's called agnostic! I don't believe in a single cosmic being, but I believe in an entity or entities greater than myself or my fellow race of man. I could be wrong we all could be wrong, but it's the risk we all take when we "choose". Alot of people get enjoyment out of certain religions even the satanic religions. This goes with the fact that we're all different.

I look forward to others opinions!

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   

nixie_nox,

Are you busy?

That's OK...

But when you ask such relevant questions....

OT would wish you would hang around for the response....where you at?

OT

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by CrlJester

CrlJester...

Sweet Avatar !!!!

Let OT digest it, ok?

I do appreciate you have jioned the thread...

I'll get back when I can catch up....

OT

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   

.......I guess it could be put, it's called agnostic! I don't believe in a single cosmic being, but I believe in an entity or entities greater than myself or my fellow race of man. .....

Agnostic? What does that mean to you?

I, too, am looking forward to others opinions....this ATS is awesome huh?

OT

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   

I think the everybody at some point will ask themselves the questions you pose, simply because it's so ingrained into our society at this point, that it's almost impossible not to ponder the question of an all powerful all knowing creator.

Keeper, you hit the nail on the head with this point....great job!

OT

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Agnostic means to me that I can throw away the limitations of the bible or bilbes and forget about someone always watching me. It's no holds bar baby and I out to do what I want. Right? I'm still pondering if this is indeed my choice or not you know with fate and all.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Agnostic means to me that I can throw away the limitations of the bible or bilbes and forget about someone always watching me. It's no holds bar baby and I out to do what I want. Right? I'm still pondering if this is indeed my choice or not you know with fate and all.

Very insightful response...

Fate is a scarry and unexplainable thing huh?

OT

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
"Fate?"

No I was just pondering if I have absolute control of my destiny! I would like that to be true? Wouldn't everyone? That puts purpose back in insignificant lives!

You should have a warning on thread "Abandon all fear"! Lol

I try hard to keep an open mind and with other thinker type opinions it gets really easy. Sept when you get those bible quoters of old! I had a few threads infected by them.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   

You should have a warning on thread "Abandon all fear"! Lol

Great point there...

No fear allowed!!!!!

OT

PS: What are/were your thoughts/opinions on the OP-stated lies?

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Hello, OT. Always a pleasure.

Do I believe any of those statements? Indeed. Shall I elaborate? I'm sure you'd appreciate it. Here's my take off the top of my head.

Lie 1) The Good go to heaven, the bad go to hell.

I don't believe this. Although perhaps Hell could be standing in front of the human conception of the Creator and having to answer a very simply question while being encompassed by the love, compassion and understanding that must be inherent in such a Creator: "Why did you do it?"

Lie 2) You can earn God’s favor/salvation with your good works

I don't think so. Life says otherwise. Bad things happen to good people and quite the opposite is true as well. I don't believe we are ever any more or less out of God's favor, closer or further from salvation. Only in our thoughts and doubt of such.

No, but so many of those who claim to further its "agenda" are; focusing on what people aren't supposed to do rather than what they should.

Lie 4) Christianity is a made-up myth

Some of it is mythical, but that doesn't mean it was entirely made-up.

Lie 5) The Church is a building

Absolutely. A building of significance to some, certainly. But so is my home, which, for the record, would also qualify in my eyes as a "house of God".

Lie 6) If you are sincere, that’s all that matters

Sincerity reaches where action fails. At some point action must be done, or all those sincere intentions amount to procrastination. And whoever else it may or may not matter to, it can and does matter to those we are supposed to love.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by TravelerintheDark
Hello, OT. Always a pleasure.

Do I believe any of those statements? Indeed. Shall I elaborate? I'm sure you'd appreciate it. Here's my take off the top of my head.

TravelerintheDark,

Welcome to the latest....

I only hope posters/readers will spend the time....reading what you have posted...SO WISE!

Thanks for taking the time here....

OT

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   

WHEW!!!!!!!

Don't think I would have said it that way...but I guess any of us, believers or not, can see truth....

Great add!!!!

OT

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by TravelerintheDark

No, but so many of those who claim to further its "agenda" are; focusing on what people aren't supposed to do rather than what they should."

Another good point....

OT tries to keep his eyes on the MESSAGE, not those preaching the message...thay are frail/flawed...and imperfect.....

OT

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Interesting...I really hope this turns out well...I say it will.
So are you asking if I think these LIES were true at one time in history, or if I ever believed these LIES to be true? It sounds more like the second, but I don't want to play the game the wrong way so can you clarify please.

[edit on 23-3-2009 by cancerian42]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join