posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 06:59 PM
Just like it says browsing across gov today I came across a action that should give alot of us that have seen alot of inaction by congress as of lake
a little ray of hope and light at the end of the tunnel.
This is the bottom section of this bill.
"Whereas pardons issued during the lame duck period of a President's term would not be subject to the judgement of the voters; Now, therefore, be it
(1) it is the sense of the House of Representatives that the granting of preemptive pardons by the President to senior officials of his administration
for acts they may have taken in the course of their official duties is a dangerous abuse of the pardon power;
(2) it is the sense of the House of Representatives that the President should not grant preemptive pardons to senior officials in his administration
for acts they may have taken in the course of their official duties;
(3) it is the sense of the House of Representatives that James Madison was correct in his observation that `f the President be connected, in any
suspicious manner, with any person, and there be grounds [to] believe he will shelter him, the House of Representatives can impeach him; they can
remove him if found guilty';
(4) it is the sense of the House of Representatives that a special investigative commission, or a Select Committee be tasked with investigating
possible illegal activities by senior officials of the administration of President George W. Bush, including, if necessary, any abuse of the
President's pardon power; and
(5) the next Attorney General of the United States appoint an independent counsel to investigate, and, where appropriate, prosecute illegal acts by
senior officials of the administration of President George W. Bush."
For copys and links of this bill so far it can be found here.
I did a search on ats didnt come up with anything so I apolgise up front if there is another article or post on this matter.