It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does politics have to be a breeding ground for dishonesty?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I've never quite understood that.

People say that people lie to get elected.

You have no idea how true that is. And plus, congressman and senators should be focusing on the domestic side, but they've let politics get out of hand and become a global issue.

Politicians lie a lot. Why is this? Why do they lie to us about things?

I've never understood this.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I see Politics as another form of Power....and Power corrupts...everyone wants it, yet, when they get it they can't handle it, so they lie.

Truth's and Lie's are connected...politicians forget how to tell the difference.

~Holly

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Power....

politics is about power. Some people may have originally intended to serve the people of the united states and may have desired to make a true change for the better, but once they got there they say how the game was played. Manipulated with their own daily bread and lavish dividends from lobbyists, the biosurvival circuit of the brain was imprinted much like a domesticated animal. They learned that to survive, they had to ''play ball''.

They say power is the ultimate aphrodisiac....

and they also say that if you want to test a man's (or woman's) character, give him power, because power is the ultimate corrupter.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
thank you for asking, i shall now explain to you why.

when cities first started being built people had to either crap in their villages or take a walk. once cities started getting bigger the walk became longer and longer. eventually it was realized that going to the woods to crap just wasn't an option anymore. now we have public toilets and along with it we have the need to clean it up.

someone has to clean it up eventually. it becomes a family affair and this seperates society from the people that are willing to do it and people that aren't.

now we're looking at several different classes. we have blacksmiths, leatherworkers, farmers/hunters, soldiers, and clergy. the people that clean up the scum are now the lowest on the list and everyone bases their position on the social ladder in comparison to them.

as it turned out, the clergy won and went on to become politicians. i guess the blacksmiths just didn't network as good as the clergy. who knows. so now we are left with the politicians that know the people willing to clean up the scum could be just as useful as any other person but they will never tell them that. at this point it is held as an unspoken and sacred secret to never let the scum realize that they got the short end of the stick.

so what do the politicians do? do they compromise and try to make it up to them? no of course not. they start lying about everything and make it seem like a noble and honorable deed that only the scum can do.

fast forward until you see american idol adverstised on a bus and voila.

top topics

join