Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

HR 1207 Co-sponsorship Skyrockets: Companion Bill in Senate (audit the fed)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

Is it even possible for them to earmark it? This isn't really a spending bill. Earmark money is spent no matter if they pass or not in legislation as the amount spent is already set. If the money is not earmarked, then the executive branch does what it wants with the money.

This wouldn't be a spending bill...so how is this possible or am i missing something?

They need to keep the BS out of the bill anyway.

If a politician were to try and add an amendment...then he should be made famous.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
If this bill comes close to going thru,Im smelling false flag or assinations.

It will never happen alltho I'd give my left arm to see the real evil empire exposed.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

I don't know if TPTB could permit the audit-the-Federal-Reserve bill to pass (it is sweetly+charmingly+cleverly disingenuous of Ron Paul to ask for just an audit of the Fed, when what he really wants is to abolish it) because an audit of the Fed would lead to calls for its abolition...once people realize that we are paying interest to private banks to lend us money ( that they don't have, that they print based on nothing more than the "full faith and credit of the United States" of our promise to pay) when instead the government could just print greenbacks itself, based on that same full-faith-and-credit of our promise-to-pay and CUT OUT PAYING THE INTEREST...
(This is how I first realized that we are schooled to be slaves, so to speak...think of all the dumb history-and-civics-and-social-studies facts you get up through high school... Rosa Parks and Prohibition and the Lone Star State and the California mission system and et cetera and whatever...all type of useless past fact historical-almost-trivia...and yet they never get around to mentioning or to teach you the above currently operating and important situation...that the whole country is needlessly paying interest to private entities for no good reason (or for why, exactly?) Hmm...)
Maybe (and sincerely, I do hope) some ATSer with an actual academic beckground in economics can explain how paying interest to the Federal Reserve is better than the government issuing a currency it backs itself...because I have never seen anyone defend that status quo, and there must be some actual arguments in its favor...but, uh...

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by nine-eyed-eel

an audit of the Fed would lead to calls for its abolition...once people realize that we are paying interest to private banks to lend us money

THis is why he's doing it. He knows he will never get anyone to go along with actually ending the federal reserve. This is the next best thing. Audit it..show it to be a fraud...and nationalize it.

The charade has to end sometime.

I think most of the politicians know about this..it's just that they are either afraid or on the payroll.

If this gets out on the floor and is voted on...we'll know who those people are.

Then we can take staunch action by voting their asses out.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Seems theres already some obscure law exempting the Fed from congressional oversite!
Just read this hard hitting story, evidently carried by Rolling Stone. It made me sick to the pit of my stomach.

pimpinturtle.com... e-bailout-to-stage-a-revolution.aspx

None other than disgraced senator Ted Stevens was the poor sap who made the unpleasant discovery that if Congress didn't like the Fed handing trillions of dollars to banks without any oversight, Congress could apparently go # itself — or so said the law. When Stevens asked the GAO about what authority Congress has to monitor the Fed, he got back a letter citing an obscure statute that nobody had ever heard of before: the Accounting and Auditing Act of 1950. The relevant section, 31 USC 714(b), dictated that congressional audits of the Federal Reserve may not include "deliberations, decisions and actions on monetary policy matters." The exemption, as Foss notes, "basically includes everything." According to the law, in other words, the Fed simply cannot be audited by Congress. Or by anyone else, for that matter.

The article is quite long and very revealing.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Maybe no earmark but it can definitely have amendments attached. Or it can be filibustered to death.

There is no end to the tricks they will use.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   

If it happens then it's been allowed to happen.. but to what end?

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
It is long over due to audit the federal reserve. They feel they do not have to answer to anyone. In other words they are above the government. Greenspan came right out and said it. They do not even pretend to care about the government or the people. Here is the video, about 7:40 in Greenspan says it.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by spec_ops_wannabe

Nice, so he could just go to Chenney's old "undisclosed location" and kick back and still have to work hard to beat George Bush's vay-kay record (haha)...and then we'd have transparency and not-so assassinated head of state! Everybody wins! (except the fed - but who cares about them).

Edit: Second thought...did any anti-Obama people here ever stop to think that he has to walk on eggshells to get things done, and perhaps he may come off as bad-tasting in your opinion of how things should be done, but in reality he's trying to do it in the only way possible to get done what needs to be done due to the politics (politics in the sense of maneuvering) involved??

[edit on 24-3-2009 by Caminhando]

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I would like to thank the members of ATS. It's threads like these that really open my eyes. For what it's worth I've already emailed my reps for Arkansas. It looked liked there is no support from us yet. Below is the email I sent to my reps. Of course I modifed the names depending on the recipient.

My name is John Payne. I am sorry to bother you. I am contacting you so I can respectfully request your support for S.604. Please consider it. I am not some crazy activist demanding change, nor am I politically active enough to know the change we need. I am just a normal tax-paying citizen. I have never been politically oriented and would have never imagined I would be contacting my state rep, but in taking a hard look at the economy and the current state of affair I find it imperative that things change. Please look into this bill. I am not implying that I know the best course of action for the state, but i do know that the people elected you find that course of action. So please review it(S.604) and when you do have in mind what is best for us, the people of the state of arkansas. Thank you for your time Mr. Pryor. A response to this would be appreciated. It would let me and everyone behind me know that even the smallest voice is still heard.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Go Ron Go, Go Ron GGOO!

Transparency is excatly whats needed in our government. I refuse those aholes in the pentagon are looking out for my best interest when THEIR interests are the only ones being served.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Here is what I wrote my congressman:
Dear congressman, I am an Iraqi Freedom vet as well as Bosnia and Afghanistan. I (along with many others) would really appreciate--as I'm sure your concerned with as well since you are OUR voice--if you supported HR 1207 transparency act. We need to see where are hard earned dollars are going. I fought for this country and will be damned if I watch it go down in flames. We need to make a stand, and you are our only hope. From one patriot to another, thanks and get rid of the FED

Now we play the waiting game...aww the waiting game sucks, lets play hungry hungry hippos!

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
This is my letter to my congresswoman Mary Jo Kilroy (
)

Mrs. Kilroy-

I'm going to be up front and honest with you, I am a Republican, and I did not vote for you. However, the issue I am contacting you about stretches far beyond the party lines. HR-1207 has been sponsored by 39 other congressmen/women and sadly I do not see your name. This bill is the bill introduced by Mr. Ron Paul in regards to auditing the Federal Reserve. I do not know how ANYONE, with a conscious mind, can sit back and let the Federal Reserve spend YOUR constituents money with no accountability. Obama ran on transparency in government, now its your's and every other congress man, woman and senator's, not only chance, but OBLIGATION to see this through. AUDIT THE FEDERAL RESERVE. LOCATE OUR TRILLIONS OF DOLLARS. If you do this, you will have my vote Mrs. Kilroy, you don't, and I will try my DAMNDEST to ensure you lose your next congressional election.

Good day,
Walter

[edit on 24-3-2009 by Ketzer22]

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Here is a link to the US House Phone Directory so you can give your rep a call and ask them to co-sponsor the bill:

clerk.house.gov...

It only takes a few seconds, and it's much more effective than sending an email.

eb

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
He just uploaded this:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   

This is big news, this will bring a lot of the bad things that
have been going on into the light of day.

A famous phrase " Good deeds are done in the light of day. "

I think they will simply work on their lie to tell us though while
the legislation is being pushed thru.

It is good in theory, but we are not dealing with honest ppl in
the ponzi pyramid of the century.

Flag and star !

[edit on 24-3-2009 by Ex_MislTech]

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by xbranscombex

Thanks for posting the video!

Oh how i would love to see this go through!

This could be a major turning point for our country....the fed holds many answers...and many lies.

IF the people get transparency...there will be gigantic outrage that will force us to change the system.

Great news! Let's hope it continues to catch steam.

This should go beyond party lines...anyone and everyone should be able to support this...take the time to email or phone your Congressmen.

I'm wondering if bothering media outlets would help as well? If the media picks up on this bill the ball would really get going.

And good job to all who are sending emails and phoning your state Reps!

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
If nothing else, it would draw negative attention to the Fed, which I'm sure they don't want. This could be the precursor to garnering more support to either:

1. Abolish the Fed
2. Bring the Fed under direct government supervision

Not anything amazing yet, but certainly a good start.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I hope this bill continues to gain support I am glad that Ron Paul is getting a lot of his fellows to join him in the fight against the Fed.Let's see if Obama will really have the nerve to sign it into law or will he do what his handlers want and veto it.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Haha, if it gets that far and Obama vetoes it, we'll truly know where his heart lies on the matter.

It would also truly show where his heart lies. If he vetoes it, there will be no doubt who really runs the show, because there's no good reason for him not to sign it (other than appeasing his handlers).

[edit on 24-3-2009 by JipStix]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join