It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HR 1207 Co-sponsorship Skyrockets: Companion Bill in Senate (audit the fed)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Ron Paul's "Federal Reserve Transparency Act" to audit the Federal Reserve is now up to 39 co-sponsors the House, and an identical companion bill, S604, has been introduced in the Senate. Here are the House co-sponsors:

Young (R-AK), McClintock (R-CA), Woolsey (D-CA), Rohrabacher (R-CA), Castle (R-DE), Stearns (R-FL), Grayson (D-FL), Buchanan (R-FL), Posey (R-FL), Kingston (R-GA), Price (R-GA), Broun (R-GA), Abercrombie (D-HI), Burton (R-IN), Fleming (R-LA), Alexander (R-LA), Bartlett (R-MD), McCotter (R-MI), Bachmann (R-MN), Peterson (D-MN), Akin (R-MO), Taylor (D-MS), Rehberg (R-MT), Jones (R-NC), Foxx (R-NC), Garrett (R-NJ), Heller (R-NV), DeFazio (D-OR), Platts (R-PA), Duncan (R-TN), Wamp (R-TN), Blackburn (R-TN), Poe (R-TX), Paul (R-TX), Marchant (R-TX), Burgess (R-TX), Chaffetz (R-UT), Petri (R-WI), Kagen (D-WI), Lummis (R-WY)

www.campaignforliberty.com...

This is big news! Hopefully more sign on!

He's gained almost 40 co sponsors.

Maybe this might happen!

I'd love to see where the fed has been sending the trillions of dollars that is unaccounted for.

We need transparency!

US citizens have every right to have transparency on how their money is being distributed and spent!

There is also a petition on the campaign for liberty website that you can sign that will be sent to your representative in Congress.

Here is the link for the senate bill:
thomas.loc.gov...

[edit on 23-3-2009 by David9176]

[edit on 23-3-2009 by David9176]

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Yes, this needs to pass asap.

Unfortunately, I doubt Obama will sign it if it indeed does get that far. I don't think he has the ability or skill to handle the crap storm this would bring.

I would love to see it pass Obama would definitely get a kick up in my book if this goes across his desk and he signs it.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

I doubt Obama will sign it if it indeed does get that far.

If this bill landed on Obama's desk...and he didn't sign it..it wouldn't be pretty.

He'd almost have to as long as the bill received some media attention.

Because really, there is no reason why it shouldn't be transparent anyway.

If he didn't sign it then everyone would know something was wrong.

This is an extremely important piece of legislation...

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

He would be screwed either way. He would be forced to man up and actually prove he is for the people and not special interest.

I doubt that this bill would nearly get a mention beyond Beck though, that is the problem.

His whole team is CFR and Bilderberger cronies and they would blackmail him into not signing it.

I just don't see him caring enough about the people to end his own political career by doing something right.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hastobemoretolife
Yes, this needs to pass asap.

Unfortunately, I doubt Obama will sign it if it indeed does get that far. I don't think he has the ability or skill to handle the crap storm this would bring.

I would love to see it pass Obama would definitely get a kick up in my book if this goes across his desk and he signs it.

Who says we need him to sign it? Just send him on a long vacation when it comes time. As the process goes if a bill just sits there and the President doesn't sign or veto it, then it becomes law after a given amount of time regardless. And it could very well happen considering Obama likes to relax.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   

I just don't see him caring enough about the people to end his own political career by doing something right.

This might be the purpose of the bill though. There is no reason for him not to sign this unless he is covering his own ass or someone else's.

I don't know what the odds are of this bill making it to his desk...but if it did he'd be in a very tough spot.

I'm just surprised that 39 people have signed on to co sponsor.

We need some good news for the little guy man!

If this thing does catch steam and looks like it may pass the house and the senate...

Then we might see some crazy things happening.

Even crazier then they are now.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by spec_ops_wannabe

As the process goes if a bill just sits there and the President doesn't sign or veto it, then it becomes law after a given amount of time regardless.

How long does it take before that goes into effect?

Days, weeks, months?

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Obama would veto it or he would be killed JFK style.

Or a big terrorist attack would occur. Killing the senate and congress.

Anyway, they better go with it anyway, we're on a collision course anyway.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   

If Congress is not in session, and the President doesn't do anything for 10 days, it is called a pocket veto.
If Congress is in session, and the President does not refuse or sign, it becomes law after 10 days.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   

You forget that Giethner was head of the New York Fed before he took the job of Treasury Secretary.

He does have people to protect, the people that got him elected. I would love nothing better for this to pass and the Fed to get audited.

It needs to be done, but I just don't see it happening.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by spec_ops_wannabe

I see.

i'm also reading that Barney Frank..believe it or not...it considering holding hearings for this.

If that doesn't happen then they would need 218 house members to sign a discharge petition..then it bypasses committee and goes to the voting floor.

I also have no idea when they may try to do this.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Geitner is getting lots of heat right now too though...and rightfully so. I know he was head of the New York Fed.

If this can't be done the right way...through legislation...then everyone will know something is wrong. Hopefully it doesn't have to be that way.

Someone needs to grow a sack and stand up for the people.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   

But Obama is his biggest cheerleader right now though too.

I'm just saying don't get your hopes up. JFK was killed for going after the Fed and an attempted assassination on Reagan when he was about to go after the Fed.

They just need to call a Special Forces team in there and lock the place down. I'm sure all the shareholders names are on a piece of paper or in a computer somewhere in that place.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Well I just fired off four emails to all my appropriate KY reps. Here is what I sent:

I would like you to support HR 1207, because my and my loved ones tax dollars are funding this corporate bailout(with NO bailout for the common man, just more financial burdens stacked upon my back from all this nonsense) so we would definitely appreciate the auditing of the FED so we can see exactly how much yall are wasting of our taxes. This has been an outrage,, and if you cannot support an audit of the FEd, then you lose OUR votes.

Five minutes, people. Thats all it takes.

[edit on 23-3-2009 by hotbakedtater]

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Don't kill my optimism!!

How much are we on the hooks for now? 10's of trillions?

It's got to stop sometime...better to have it before complete destruction of the dollar.

Although, I could also see...if this passes....the paper shredders going into overdrive to hide all the inside dealings..and the fed pumping out all the money they could up to the last minute..sucking every last penny out of us that they could before the time to show and tell was up.

Thanks you killed my optimism. Great!

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   

My bad!

It is just hard for me to be optimistic when it comes to matters of money and government.

I like the special forces idea, don't give them a chance to do anything. Before they even hit the on switch on the paper shredders they would all be in plastic handcuffs(the wire tie ones).

I hope it passes though and it goes across his desk, it will force him to make a decision. Either way I wouldn't expect much media play because that I believe will push people to the point of doing something.

If the general masses of people found out that our National Debt could be eliminated just by nationalizing the bank or getting rid of the Fed the people would spring into action.

That is if the masses of people found out about it.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

Nicely done..and u are right..it only takes a few minutes of your time.

For anyone who is looking for their state Representatives...check out this website here
www.house.gov...

Just follow the links!

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   

I was talking to people at work today about the federal reserve. None of them realized it was basically a private bank and that the American people have no control or transparency over it..nor do they know about the trillions that is unaccounted for.

People need to take their eyes off of the bonuses and look at the real problem.

We need to cut the head off the snake!!!

We'll see...crazier things have happened.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Yep that is the problem, people don't even know what the Fed does. When people find out though it gets them all roweled up. Then their outlook changes.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I'll tell you what will happen to this bill.

Some scheming politician will attach offensive earmarks or amendments to the bill, which Obama will use as an excuse to veto it.

The he can say "I'm all for transparency but those amendments were intolerable blah blah blah."

Or else the bill will be put into effect far enough in the future to give them time to hide their tracks. There will be no retroactive clause.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join