It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meat Eaters Beware!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns
Hmm...I wonder what the Eskimos have to say about this.

They have been eating red meat for centuries...seems they live very long lives and are doing just fine.

Cheers!!!!

Good point, but you overlook one key factor. I believe selectively breed, domesticated, Genetically Modified, Chemical ridden Unhealthy and Unhappy Food livestock is the cause of the problem and not the Free, healthy, happy wildlife that the 'Inuits' eat.

The key to remember is you are what you eat...

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I do reember asking my grandmother, why it makes people die younger..her only real answer was that beuase it rots. Undigeste meat or food, in yuor intestinal tracts, osnt have any real interaction with stomach acid anymore, and jsut sits thier in crevisces along the itnestines..and basically just rots. Its the rot, or maybe the bacteria tha accumaltes in it, that causes premature death/

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Now alos, someone else here has said the eskimos seemt o be ok... well yes, because they dont eat meat tainted with hormones, chemicals and pesticides, nor is their meat bioenginnered or cloned meat. Its fresh kill, fresh off the land...not the cattle assembly line.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggy1706
... Undigeste meat or food, in yuor intestinal tracts, osnt have any real interaction with stomach acid anymore, and jsut sits thier in crevisces along the itnestines..and basically just rots. Its the rot, or maybe the bacteria tha accumaltes in it, that causes premature death/

Oh good god. You have just put me off meat in the same way 50cent put me off hip hop.

Edit: On the subject of Inuits... they eat seals raw... raw. Surely that would mean they have stomachs like boot leather anyway?

[edit on 2-4-2009 by and14263]

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by DevolutionEvolvd

Originally posted by Techsnow
Beware of the fake sugar you eat that gives you diabetes.

Well, that's total BS. Fake sugar? Are you making things up again? Overconsumption of sugars, or carbohydrates, causes diabetes.

Are you serious? You never heard of high fructose corn syrup?

Ya, I'd say eating red meat should be the least of you're worries.

[edit on 2-4-2009 by Techsnow]

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Techsnow

Why do I even I even bother? It's like playing drinking games with my sister's kids......

lmgtfy.com...

-Dev

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by DevolutionEvolvd
reply to post by Techsnow

Why do I even I even bother? It's like playing drinking games with my sister's kids......

lmgtfy.com...

-Dev

In your own context of

Overconsumption of sugars, or carbohydrates, causes diabetes.

HFCS would be one of the "sugars". Used to sweeten, but doesn't grow on a cane, hence Techsnow's reference to it as a "fake sugar".

Thanks for proving his point though, and I enjoyed the smart-arse way in which you did it Mr. Scholar...

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
MM...thinking of a moist, flavorful, BBQ rib slowed cooked on the grill for 6 hours and it just melts off of the bone into your mouth...mmm sweetest death ever.
Is anything good for you now-a-days?

[edit on 3-4-2009 by NateNute]

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Unit541

So, is honey not a sugar?

Sugar or table sugar, sucrose, is a mixture of glucose and fructose. Corn Syrup, mainly glucose, is artificially made to produce high amonts of fructose using enzymes. How is this fake sugar? HFCS is just a supercharged version of table sugar. There's really not much of a difference. You'll get diabetes just as fast by eating any carbohydrate that spikes blood glucose on a regular basis.

"Fake Sugar" would be something sweet that has a completely different chemical make up. Stevia? Apartame? Sucralose? Make sense?

I believe the sarcasm was mutual as his first post was laiden wiith it.

Originally posted by Techsnow
Food eaters beware...

Beware of the plastic you eat from the fish you consume...
...yes fish eat plastic.

Beware of the genetically modified fruit you eat.

Beware of the genetically modified vegies you eat.

Beware of the preservatives you eat.

Beware of the pesticides you eat.

Beware of the fake sugar you eat that gives you diabetes.

Beware of the laundry detergent you drink that does not decompose.

Beware of the fluoride you drink.

Beware of the pharmaceuticals you drink.

Oh and btw.. ya that red meat.. its REALLY BAD FOR YOU!

See how much I care anymore??

If you don't care, don't post in the thread. This input is clearly sarcastic and contributed nothing but falsse information. So I pointed it out in much the same way he did himself.

-Dev

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
My grandfather who was 100% native from northern Canada lived to the ripe old age of 99 living off of a traditional diet of cooked red meat and fish.
Every single day.
No heart disease, no diabetes, no cancer. Eating meat.

The problem isn't red meat, it's all the additives and all the other processed foods that we eat with our red meat.

Right now the modern north-american diet has made it's way to the most remote of communities everywhere in Canada and even the Inuit and the Dene are falling victim to diabetes, obesity and cancer. In fact since they are so adapted to eating their traditional diet, they seem to be more susceptible to defects associated with our new diets.

There are some holdouts who still live exclusively off of the traditional diet of meat and fish, with a bit of the modern diet thrown in as snacks every now and then. And these people who still live off the traditional diets are as healthy as oxes. They are also all in fantastic shape as they do their own hunting and fishing and other traditional activities. And many of them live longer than average without heart disease, diabetes or cancer.

PS Forgot to add that pollution and hormones are now present even in traditional diets, due to all the industry and supposed "advancements" being made to our society and economy. So even people who live off the land can get cancer from polluted water and meat. The incidence is lower than mainstream society, but there are still cases.

[edit on 3-4-2009 by Thinkmore]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join