It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What legal knives do the UKer's here carry?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Dark Vengeance

I missed the reply to box so have put this post to get your attention momentarilly back to this topic DarkVengeance I have seen it has not been active in some time but it seems like you are the best person to ask on that one

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
During the summer I went on a two week camping trip and decided to take my machete, I read the knife laws and decided to carry it in plain site strapped to my pack.
While waiting for a train two police men came up to me and asked me If I was carrying a machete, I said yes i was and Iam not trying to hide it which is illegal, one said well carrying a blade over 4 inch was. I told them what I was using it for and the older copper told me to take care of it and not to wave it around in public.
The younger one looked a bit confused and the older one explained that I had given a good reason to carry the blade and he was happy that my intention's were good.
So if your in the UK make sure you don't hide it and have a good reason to carry a big blade.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
During the summer I went on a two week camping trip and decided to take my machete, I read the knife laws and decided to carry it in plain site strapped to my pack.
While waiting for a train two police men came up to me and asked me If I was carrying a machete, I said yes i was and Iam not trying to hide it which is illegal, one said well carrying a blade over 4 inch was. I told them what I was using it for and the older copper told me to take care of it and not to wave it around in public.
The younger one looked a bit confused and the older one explained that I had given a good reason to carry the blade and he was happy that my intention's were good.
So if your in the UK make sure you don't hide it and have a good reason to carry a big blade.

The guidelines due to the knife crime amendment of the criminal justice bill calls you to bury your large sheath and locking knives at the bottom of your rucksack or to lock them in the boot or glove compartment of your viechle. Even with that good reason you was lucky to have a older cop in an area with good crime solving rates. In a bad crime resolution area or with 2 young cops they would have probably arrested you confiscated the machete and your trip would have been ruined by detention while awaiting trail. The current knife laws are too open to interpritation and up to the individual officers discresion so think first what you need and if your going to take that size of blade try to arange a car or van so you can lock your rucksack in the boot

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join